Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5025 replies to this topic

#3461 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

A little info on Blue Ice and plain old cod liver oil ,  Haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted to do so however in the summer I get lots of sun exposure

from outside work so I think I'll wait until fall my vitamin D levels I'm sure are high right now , no need to overdose on that right now lol.

http://www.naturalne..._liver_cod.html

http://www.radiantli...ods-supplements

Edited by gladiatoro, 25 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#3462 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

How would this be beneficial? I eat anything with vitamin A in it and i wither away. That would kill me.

#3463 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

How would this be beneficial? I eat anything with vitamin A in it and i wither away. That would kill me.

Perhaps Joseph can elaborate on Blue Ice a bit more he has been taking it , Blue Ice isn't your run of the mill Cod Liver oil that much I

have gathered. It's more a premium old school method of extraction mixed with high end pure butter so a solid mixture of vit A and D in a

natural state. There is no question the stuff is good but BUT how does it interact with isotretinoin??????

Edited by gladiatoro, 25 July 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#3464 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Blue Ice is the miracle for me, plus acacia fiber, for lvl 5. UDCA was basically the miracle for lvl's 3-4, along with diet, portion control etc. 

I'm testing doubling my dose, spaced out one morning one evening. Seeing how that interacts with polyphasic sleep. 

I wouldn't live without it at this point. 

#3465 incomp

incomp

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

From Wikipedia:

"The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression;[10] however, the androgen receptor has other functions as well.[11] Androgen regulated genes are critical for the development and maintenance of the male sexual phenotype."

Not everything that antagonizes function 1 also antagonizes function 2. That is your endlessly repeated, boring, ctrl-f study-spamming error. Nobody cares. Go home. 

Ba dum-bum ba da dum. Oh look, Joey has managed to confuse himself, AGAIN.

The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression;[10] however, the androgen receptor has other functions as well.[11] Androgen regulated genes are critical for the development and maintenance of the male sexual phenotype.

So, let me be clear: interfering with all of the above is bad. Inhibiting AR-DNA interactions and inhibiting androgen regulated genes that maintain the male sexual phenotype leads to what both Accutane and Finasteride victims are experiencing. If Foxo1 interferes with AR-DNA interactions then crucial gene regulation cannot occur, and that is BAD. If there is no function 1 there will be no function 2 you incompetent.

In order to gain access to the other functions of the androgen receptor, you need to read the article attached to footnote 11, silly. You can read about the physiological effect of nongenomic androgen action at your leisure. You can misinterpret that too

Everyone has had enough of your showy pretenses; and, I do not want to hear about the Chinese people’s penchant for cats and your admiration of said penchant. MovingOn, because you are not dealing with hypervitaminosis A you can take some Blue Ice, but long-term administration of that or UDCA is a very bad idea. More importantly, neither one will cure anything.

I will not be responding to any more deluded responses from you.

#3466 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Of course you're moving on. One doesn't leave a dead mouse in the trap to stink up the place. 

I have no problem with those suffering from severe male sides obsessively focusing on androgen receptors. I think they might benefit from a more holistic approach, but I fully acknowledge theirs is a hard problem which I am very glad I do not have to solve. So I am content to leave them to it, figuring that they know best. And I am happy to take what is cross-applicable from their findings.

Meanwhile, I obsessively focus on the gut. But I've learned not to insist that my gut specific solutions, such as extreme elimination diet, are universally required. 

As the Fox0 paper makes clear, Accutane can do lots of different things, and what it does is unpredictable and selective for each individual case. Androgen receptors are only one of several things that can go wrong. So while it MIGHT be justifiable to warn away androgen cripples from green tea, it is ludicrous to insist that the general accutainted population must do so. 

The only real thing that exists for this community is cure case studies. Everything else is speculation. I am delivering; you are not. 

It is absurd to suggest that I am not dealing with an Accutane side effect, since it is IBD, not chemical castration, that was the side effect that forced Roche to pull it off the market. You consistently oppose things that work very well, and (as far as I know) none of your dire predictions have ever materialized. That is why people try my ideas and ignore yours.

The fact that you have to create a new user name each time to even get people to read your posts should tell you exactly how valued your contributions are.

Edited by JosephBuchignani, 26 July 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#3467 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm glad Blue Ice has helped you and thanks for the info...but I am completely vitamin a intolerant no matter what form. I'd be careful but i hope it continues to work for you.

#3468 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

That's interesting and corroborates what Chico says. You guys should compare notes. 

Can you elaborate on how you're sure that vit A slays you? 

I guess we all just have idiosyncratic things we have to avoid. Very obnoxious from a community cure together info pooling standpoint. Where's the fucking central line of attack, dammit. 

If it's just massive individual self tracking and experimentation combined with heavy intelligent reading, that's disappointing, but I can accept. 

#3469 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

That's interesting and corroborates what Chico says. You guys should compare notes. 

Can you elaborate on how you're sure that vit A slays you? 

I guess we all just have idiosyncratic things we have to avoid. Very obnoxious from a community cure together info pooling standpoint. Where's the fucking central line of attack, dammit. 

If it's just massive individual self tracking and experimentation combined with heavy intelligent reading, that's disappointing, but I can accept. 

People react very differently that is one reason why conventional modern medicine does more harm than good. I am lucky to be on your team, pretty much everything that works for you works for me.

Assuming it also works the other way you should try high dose 80% Silymarin, works great for me. Take about 2-3g daily spread throughout the day. My body weight is around 185 pounds, so you can adjust your dose accordingly. Be careful to get a good Silymarin supplement. Currently I am taking the one from bulkpowders, but for instance still have half a bottle from Now Foods in my closet and it does not work at all, gives me nothing but headaches. Silymarin is part of the Curing Courtney protocol, which I am trying to fully implement over time. In the book they recommend Silymarin from Biotech Pharmacal.

Edited by Undergroundwellness, 26 July 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#3470 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have said it a million times I can't ingest vit A enriched foods/ carrots and broccoli slay me and that's beta! There's quite a few suffers old and new who had those issues! Then there's some who don't! Be careful though the true test will be after a few months! Good luck Joseph

#3471 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

http://www.naturalne...r_patients.html

#3472 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

yah I just remember from reading Patti Lodes story that she seriously harmed herself more from the cod liver oil, so just be careful and go slowly. you guys should really look into iodine tho! cant say enough good about it.  if you have gut issues MAKE SURE to take a good probiotic or you aren't helping anything. until there is goo bacteria down there, everything else is a waste in terms of what you put in your body.  this is something ive observed. others may be different.

*good haha

#3473 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

A study reported in Phytomedicne investigated the comparative effects of carvacrol in the liver of rats subjected to restricted blood supply and the

restoration of blood flow to the organs and tissues following a period of time. They found that carvacrol ws able to protect the liver against defects

caused by the event. They also found carvacrol to be non-hepatotoxic at the applied doses.

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2aDmhb35u

Edited by gladiatoro, 26 July 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#3474 clancybenjamin

clancybenjamin

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hey all,

Just came across this forum a few days ago after feeling like hell for the last year or so... no explenation or disorders found after 40+ trips to the doctors etc. Now i'm convinced that this is all stemming from a course on our favorite drug Accutane. 3 weeks in and I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme vertigo and nausea which sent me to the ER. Now i'm left with constant nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, nagging muscle and joint pains (particularly lower back, neck, knees), etc.

There are a few symptoms however that have me baffled and im wondering if any of you have experienced them.

1. Weird fatigue that moves and comes out of nowhere- For example I will be sitting around and all of a sudden my tongue becomes pained and fatigued (almost like it just ran a marathon) and then the feeling moves into my jaw etc. Particularly annoying is when this is sitting in my neck or under my jaw. There is a tightness that is so damned annoying when it happens.

2. Sometimes I wake up and my neck and spine have this wierd "hollow" feeling (not sure how else to explain it).

3. My throat is usually sore to varying degrees but some days I wake up with this strange taste in my mouth (almost metallic)

4. Every single one of these symptoms comes and goes in waves with no explenation or trigger that I have been able to find. Do your symptoms come and go as well?

I've lost about 30 lbs in the last year because ive been playing with my diet so much trying to find out if there are trigger foods etc. (its obvious my digestive system was hit) the fatigue and weakness also kept me out of the gym. FYI this isnt good as I was thin to begin with... 6'2 and fell from 178 to about 150.

I've been on a Palio diet for the last couple of months and im going to try the Iodine soon... nothing else I have tried has done a damn thing. Also, after gastro, neuro, rhumy, hemo, ent, and psych, I am finally seeing an Endocrinologist in a few weeks. I am going to request a FULL workup on my homone levels etc. There is no way that every test can keep coming back normal. Doc's are literally all starting to tell me this shit is in my head... the irony is that I am a pre-med student.

Anyhow, if any of you have these same wierd symptoms can you give a shout out?

Thanks guys (an gals)

Clancybenjamin

#3475 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hey all,

Just came across this forum a few days ago after feeling like hell for the last year or so... no explenation or disorders found after 40+ trips to the doctors etc. Now i'm convinced that this is all stemming from a course on our favorite drug Accutane. 3 weeks in and I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme vertigo and nausea which sent me to the ER. Now i'm left with constant nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, nagging muscle and joint pains (particularly lower back, neck, knees), etc.

There are a few symptoms however that have me baffled and im wondering if any of you have experienced them.

1. Weird fatigue that moves and comes out of nowhere- For example I will be sitting around and all of a sudden my tongue becomes pained and fatigued (almost like it just ran a marathon) and then the feeling moves into my jaw etc. Particularly annoying is when this is sitting in my neck or under my jaw. There is a tightness that is so damned annoying when it happens.

2. Sometimes I wake up and my neck and spine have this wierd "hollow" feeling (not sure how else to explain it).

3. My throat is usually sore to varying degrees but some days I wake up with this strange taste in my mouth (almost metallic)

4. Every single one of these symptoms comes and goes in waves with no explenation or trigger that I have been able to find. Do your symptoms come and go as well?

I've lost about 30 lbs in the last year because ive been playing with my diet so much trying to find out if there are trigger foods etc. (its obvious my digestive system was hit) the fatigue and weakness also kept me out of the gym. FYI this isnt good as I was thin to begin with... 6'2 and fell from 178 to about 150.

I've been on a Palio diet for the last couple of months and im going to try the Iodine soon... nothing else I have tried has done a damn thing. Also, after gastro, neuro, rhumy, hemo, ent, and psych, I am finally seeing an Endocrinologist in a few weeks. I am going to request a FULL workup on my homone levels etc. There is no way that every test can keep coming back normal. Doc's are literally all starting to tell me this shit is in my head... the irony is that I am a pre-med student.

Anyhow, if any of you have these same wierd symptoms can you give a shout out?

Thanks guys (an gals)

Clancybenjamin

Welcome on board. All these years I was waiting to come across a tane vicitim who is actually from the field of medicine. My expectations are high.

I am also interested in iodine, if you know anything worth sharing please share it with us. 

#3476 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Accutane = Chemotherapy on a related note , polls were taken by accomplished scientists at the McGill Cancer Center from 118 doctors who are

all experts on cancer. They asked the doctors to imagine they had cancer and to choose from six different 'experimental' therapies. These doctors

not only denied chemo choices, but they said they wouldn't allow their family members to go through the process either! YET they hand it out like

candy to teenagers and young adults , a wonderful orthodox medical system we have , yes I`m being sarcastic . On a postive note we may never

get cancer because of this ``  CHEMO `` drug , one always has to look at the bright side of the picture.  (=

Edited by gladiatoro, 27 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#3477 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

The FDA  ( Federal Death Administration) just want to borrow a fraction of that intelligence from an herb and claim it as their own chemical version,

side effect riddled , patent it and then slander the original creator, very typical thief and cheat. Later when the patients die they claim , “this is heroic

medicine and we did everything we could , using the best science we had ,” gad they are creepy!  Let's all hope that they are stupid enough to

follow their own advice and take plenty of their own chemical drugs or miracle of miracles finally wake-up!

The future of medicine does not involve foolishly bombarding the body with toxic synthetic chemical drug , but lies in nutrition and exercise.

Edited by gladiatoro, 01 August 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#3478 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

This article is really good and goes into detail about primitive tribes around the world and there LACK of health problems. Worth the read.

http://www.thelovevi...ice-foundation/

#3479 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

It's been a while...

I got an email through here, so thought I'd check in and say Hello while I was here.

How's it all going?

I don't have time to back-track through the last dozen or so pages of this forum...

Has anyone made any progress?

What's the current plan of action?

Stefan

#3480 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Indigo- how are you doing?

4 user(s) are reading this topic