AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

*moi*

however Ive read people having reactions from being on it for 10 days or so...some people cannot tolerate even the smallest amount. Russian Roulette is a good analogy, some people take big amounts and (seemingly) have little lasting effects and some people, like myself, take a low-dose and go absolutely psychotic. Or lose their hair, or whatever the individual case may be. You just dont know.

Are you having symptoms of damage, you havent said...?

Wow this thread is huge...

Did anyone here get problems from taking something like the following dosage:

20 mg of accutane 3 times a week for a 7-8 weeks?

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 19 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#3002 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#3003 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Chiron,

Thank you so much for your feedback! very helpful and validating.  I was taking liquid iodine a while back, and it helped smooth my skin and help with stiffness most definitely.  also helped the bulging eyes smile.png  After taking it for a while i did notice a more pronounced peak in anxiety. perhaps i was taking too much?? how much do you take? I will try it again for sure since it is a LEGAL pain reliever.  It did help induce sleep somewhat as well. I feared i was going to get that weird reaction to the iodine that some people can get. I could have been taking too much however....

Never heard of lithium oratate? very interesting though.  I wonder if it works similarly to MMS?

Also, if i might ask, how severe are your symptoms and what dosage did you take of accutane?

thanks for your help!

Lithium Orotate is good , I posted a video about it a while back but I'll do it again along with other info , it is good for the mood and it's

the natural form of Lithium unlike the synthetic version which is very toxic  , orotate forms of lithium  are approximately 20 fold more

effective than toxic synthetic lithium , why does that not surprise me , anyways it made me sleepy when I took it so it would

be good to take before bed time , Plus one only needs one pill per day it's that potent .

I think it is better than 5-HTP I've been taking that for a bit and really haven't noticed anything . Here is some good  info on Lithium

Orotate , Organic Apple Cider Vinegar  I think I'll buy some of that sounds like it could benefit me.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ijMbycw2boM

http://www.arrowhead...com/lithium.htm

Edited by gladiatoro, 19 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#3004 sbowlchica

sbowlchica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

As for better shampoos, look for anything that says sulfate-free on it. Read the ingredients on the back: if anything has the word "sulfate" in it, it's too harsh for your hair. Also try to avoid silicones, since they build up on your hair and can only be removed by sulfates. Any word that ends in "cone" is a silicone. Also cyclopentasiloxane.

If you have a Dierbergs in your area, there's a whole bunch of them there! I use Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Shampoo, diluted 1:1 with honey.

Recovering from Accutane-related hair loss.

(over a year and a half after stopping...)

#3005 acne1776

acne1776

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

SWIM tried cannabis oil and it was starting to work but SWIM couldn't handle the mental side effects that came with it. SWIM had a fixed thyroid as a result though

#3006 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#3007 acne1776

acne1776

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

moderation to anything is key. cool knowing SWIM doesn't have to take thyroid meds anymore but SWIM does have to take abilify as a result for a while unfortunately.

so theres very good news people. not sure if SWIM should try it again or what though

Edited by acne1776, 20 May 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#3008 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

cannabis has induced: increased sex drive, much deeper sleep contrary to old findings from studies on cannabis, better breathing the day after, no joint pain for one day or two after smoking, and more stable mood...if taken in MODERATION....key word. If overdone, you may notice more manic episodes...not full blown for me, but more towards cyclothymia...laypeople's terms less severe bipolar symptoms..cyclothymia is like a less severe form of bipolar, less extreme swings. Anyways, can't say enough about this plant.  I broke my vaporizer...very sad day so I had to go back to the bowl. not the same! smoke is no good, but the effects are well worth it. 

As for lithium oratate....are we sure this is safe?? how long have you been taking it and where do you purchase it, what brand?? etc.

Yeah lithium orotate is safe , did you watch the video I posted? I think I'll buy some more it really did help with my "moodiness" I would say isotretinoin

is like PMS for men lol...  If you buy some I would take one per day and see how it goes. Here is a link on where to buy it.

http://bioveacanada....CFWHZQgod204AiA

I always wondered why there are so many lawsuits against the drug manufacturer Roche , after reading 151 pages and from my input I know why now.

#3009 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

hmm...You know I always thought about taking Iodine, but I am not sure if it would do me any good as shortly after accutane the right side of my thyroid is almost completly gone and the other side there is quite a bit left. For thoose who know and read my story which was linked, you will know that I was in really bad shape after accutane to point I could barely walk for almost a year and that accutane caused Grave's disease and when it hit it hit hard and fast! Grave's is a lot harder to treat and control vs hasimotos or low thyroid!

Anyways I was just curious on anyone thoughts???? - Jen

The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#3010 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

what do you mean the one side of your thyroid is gone? Was it removed or did it disappear somehow?

hmm...You know I always thought about taking Iodine, but I am not sure if it would do me any good as shortly after accutane the right side of my thyroid is almost completly gone and the other side there is quite a bit left. For thoose who know and read my story which was linked, you will know that I was in really bad shape after accutane to point I could barely walk for almost a year and that accutane caused Grave's disease and when it hit it hit hard and fast! Grave's is a lot harder to treat and control vs hasimotos or low thyroid!

#3011 bamdaze

bamdaze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Too much Iodine might trigger/worsen autoimmune thyroiditis. Not sure about Graves', but many people with Hashimoto's don't tolerate Iodine supplementation or even Iodine in fish or dairy.

Iodine deficiency is unlikely. Interestingly there are people (google Dr. Brownstein) who advocate high-dose Iodine for thyroiditis and claim it's safe. If symptoms arise or worsen then that's surely just detox and the dose isn't high enough :P. At that point my bs detector ticked off. Yet I tried it and got diarrhea for days. Good thing was I needed less sleep. 

Still taking a few supplements. Especially prebiotics (psyllium husks and inulin) have improved my digestion. I don't feel particularly different after gluten but plan to eat gluten-free nevertheless.

#3012 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

what do you mean the one side of your thyroid is gone? Was it removed or did it disappear somehow?

I developed a huge goiter to the point I could not swallow and my heart rate was 190 and it kept attacking my eyes (luckily my eyes went back in, but left with some lazy eye)  I tried natural treatments and standard medication (indocin, proprandol etc.)  for Graves, however it was full force attacking my body to point I had a small amt of radiation iodine and I mean very small! In Hasimoto's people and take synthyroid to control thier goiter and some are lucky that synthyroid stops the body from attacking the thyroid in Hasimoto's, Grave's not soo much! It was all very strange I might say

The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#3013 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

For anyone considering taking prescription antidepressant drugs , read this first.

http://www.naturalne...ternatives.html

#3014 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

http://www.naturalne..._drug_list.html

#3015 CHIRON

CHIRON

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Jen~

I have read some accounts that lithium orotate is sometimes used to treat Graves and other hyper-thyroid issues, as one of the side effects of lithium is to slow thyroid function.   Check it out: http://www.livestron...m-orotate-uses/ . Also for those with issues regarding Hahimotos: some clinical trials have indicated that taking Selenium in adequate amounts protects the thyroid from damage from excess iodine in those patients.  Selenium and zinc are a good idea to protect against hair loss and the like in anyone.

Chiron,

Thank you so much for your feedback! very helpful and validating.  I was taking liquid iodine a while back, and it helped smooth my skin and help with stiffness most definitely.  also helped the bulging eyes smile.png  After taking it for a while i did notice a more pronounced peak in anxiety. perhaps i was taking too much?? how much do you take? I will try it again for sure since it is a LEGAL pain reliever.  It did help induce sleep somewhat as well. I feared i was going to get that weird reaction to the iodine that some people can get. I could have been taking too much however....

Never heard of lithium oratate? very interesting though.  I wonder if it works similarly to MMS?

Also, if i might ask, how severe are your symptoms and what dosage did you take of accutane?

thanks for your help!

Hi~

I take a liquid version of the iodine at the recommended dosage (3-4 drops per day).  As far as Accutane, I was on a single 3 month course in the mid to late 90's .   I am not sure the original dosage I was given although symptoms continue to linger.  I like the promise that the lithium orotate works to protect and even possibly rebuild the pre-frontal cortex, as this has been studied in regards to Accutane where it was shown to reduce metabolism in that specific part of the brain to a significant degree.  I like finding things such as the lithium because I have discovered that when my anxiety is reduced, the other effects of having taken 'tane don't SEEM quite so bad, i.e. I am not continually obsessing over other symptoms, nor am I acting in a way that creates new problems such as: if I am overly anxious I might have trouble sustaining relationships or holding down a job, thus creating new reasons to become even more anxious.  I am hoping the Lithium Orotate will continue to work in my favor without too many detrimental effects.  I'll continue to research it more thoroughly but for now I am enjoying and benefiting enormously.

Edited by CHIRON, 21 May 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#3016 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

good god.

I hope you get a break soon Oli girl, you have certainly been through the ringer over and again.comfort.gif

I developed a huge goiter to the point I could not swallow and my heart rate was 190 and it kept attacking my eyes (luckily my eyes went back in, but left with some lazy eye)  I tried natural treatments and standard medication (indocin, proprandol etc.)  for Graves, however it was full force attacking my body to point I had a small amt of radiation iodine and I mean very small! In Hasimoto's people and take synthyroid to control thier goiter and some are lucky that synthyroid stops the body from attacking the thyroid in Hasimoto's, Grave's not soo much! It was all very strange I might say

#3017 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#3018 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

I just have to try and move past the accutane faze of my life, thinking about it too much isnt doing any good. Im going to try and get off the antidepressant slowly and go from there. I think Ive talked one person out of accutane, I hope so anyway. I am getting way too obsessive reading all the things which may or may not happen to me I cant stop telling everybody not to take accutane Im probably getting on peoples nerves but what can you do? We cant save everyone, if they dont want to be saved.

Goodbye for now people, I may or may not be back. Stay strong, Oli Girl, Livetoregret, hang in there,  and Cameron and Gladiatoro be nice remember who is the real enemy here neutral.gif

bye guys thanks for the info and help.

#3019 sbowlchica

sbowlchica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for all your help, Auguriesofinnocence! Go forth out into the world and be merry. We'll still be here if you need us.

Recovering from Accutane-related hair loss.

(over a year and a half after stopping...)

#3020 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

http://www.gaia-heal...ne-system.shtml

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users