Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5148 replies to this topic

#2901 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

This doesn't surpise me one bit. Ah yes Big Pharma they are on there way out. Run for the cure ..... more like run from the poison lol...

http://www.naturalne...onclusions.html

Edited by gladiatoro, 07 May 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#2902 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

dont worry Im not keen on trying any more drugs :-)

Ill have to think about my options, my main problem with DHT is the fact that I must be super sensitive to it with the PCOS diagnosis (I had very oily skin and extra hair growth, not on my head... if I didnt have those symptoms I probably wouldnt worry about it one way or the other.) I am willing to quit the pills but will keep on taking spearmint.

Auguries

Well, the rhetoric stipulating DHT is the greatest scourge the human body has had to deal with is just that - rhetoric. It is just fodder pedaled by the snake oil salespeople that effectively are the pharmaceutical giants; and, even worse, the outright manipulations the supposed ‘healthy’ alternative practitioners of the world, would have you believe. DHT is fundamentally physiologically required by the body. Is DHT all sugar and spice? No, it is not. You are not just quelling DHT levels (with saw palmetto and Spironolactone), but you are also preventing other androgens from expressing themselves at the receptor site. The following is from Wikipedia: “However, 5α-reductase inhibitors are thought to have persistent side effects that can continue after quitting the treatment, including diminished libido, erectile dysfunction and male breast cancer,[13][14] and are suspected to have persistent cognitive side effects, including depression,[15] brain fog and memory loss.”[

http://en.wikipedia....drotestosterone

There is a major brouhaha brewing over at Propeciahelp.com for a reason. You should go there and read some of the literature they have amassed as to the importance of DHT. No one there will tell you the natural equivalents of the pharmaceutical poison are anything to be complacent about.

#2903 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#2904 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

oil of oregano is legit. you can get a good bottle from whole foods for about 20 bucks. Ive been using it for years now.  it may increase dehydration, but paradoxically it works wonders for me in terms of giving moisture to my eyes, helping digestion (go to bathroom), joint pain relief, clears sinuses and throat (all bacterial/immunity BS). It got rid of my geographical gross tongue thank god. looked like i had some plague on my mouth...probably do! anyways, try it in very small amounts. I havnt even needed to increase more than one drop with the essential oils brand since it is very concentrated.  Drink a lot of water while on it, and take breaks every once in a while.

Also, latest development on my hair, is jojoba oil works to hydrate the scalp. I have noticed less breakage and less hair falling out. hypothesizing that since my scalp is just so darn dry, the scalp was literally flaking the hair off.  jojoba gets deep in the scalp,...feels amazing. not sure if its a cure, too early to tell, but definitely good for symptom management and decreasing itching associated with dryness. also a fungicide! WEIRD. I think my body is basically a petri dish. Yay. GO ACCUTANE for killing immunity!

Lastly, EXERCISE. even if it's literally doing 5 crunches, walking to get mail, or touching your toes...DO IT. I've just been doing a physical therapy regimen for weak butt and back, and i have felt sooo much better. I need to consistently maintain it, but has helped my overall well-being ten fold, including my self-esteem.

Really lastly, SUN. Get your natural vitamin D, not that BS from bottles that they call vitamin D.  I notice the difference right away after being in the sun for 5 minutes. endorphins yay!

Finalmente, Don't work in mental health like me. It is bad news bears. It's really the only factor that I think has been depleting my resources.

Pet cats. they're awesome.

Can anyone give a brief list of core supplements that are proven to work for us peeps? I know what works for me...but i kind of want to decrease my supplement load as much as possible since i think my body struggles to even absorb them. ones that i know for a fact that have worked for me are:

HA -epicly mobile joints if i drink enough water with it

Salmon oil - insulation, increased temperature regulation, some joint relief

Glutamine - muscle mass

*Biotin---i believe it makes my nails stronger..but hard do say if it's directly the biotin.

glucosamine, chondroitin, collagen--not as good as HA.

Garlic - decreases dehydration, balances blood sugar

Oil of Oregano/MMS - kills pathogens, bacterial infections and increases oxygenation in the body

*gluten free has alleviated any psychological symptoms...do not get brain fog, better digestion, and better energy overall.

I have not noticed a difference with supplementing with anything else.

What has definitely worked for you all in the way of symptom management/relief?

oil of oregeno I haven't tried that! Do you mix it with something or take it straight? Glad to hear things are going good!

#2905 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

oil of oregano is legit. you can get a good bottle from whole foods for about 20 bucks. Ive been using it for years now.  it may increase dehydration, but paradoxically it works wonders for me in terms of giving moisture to my eyes, helping digestion (go to bathroom), joint pain relief, clears sinuses and throat (all bacterial/immunity BS). It got rid of my geographical gross tongue thank god. looked like i had some plague on my mouth...probably do! anyways, try it in very small amounts. I havnt even needed to increase more than one drop with the essential oils brand since it is very concentrated.  Drink a lot of water while on it, and take breaks every once in a while.

Also, latest development on my hair, is jojoba oil works to hydrate the scalp. I have noticed less breakage and less hair falling out. hypothesizing that since my scalp is just so darn dry, the scalp was literally flaking the hair off.  jojoba gets deep in the scalp,...feels amazing. not sure if its a cure, too early to tell, but definitely good for symptom management and decreasing itching associated with dryness. also a fungicide! WEIRD. I think my body is basically a petri dish. Yay. GO ACCUTANE for killing immunity!

Lastly, EXERCISE. even if it's literally doing 5 crunches, walking to get mail, or touching your toes...DO IT. I've just been doing a physical therapy regimen for weak butt and back, and i have felt sooo much better. I need to consistently maintain it, but has helped my overall well-being ten fold, including my self-esteem.

Really lastly, SUN. Get your natural vitamin D, not that BS from bottles that they call vitamin D.  I notice the difference right away after being in the sun for 5 minutes. endorphins yay!

Finalmente, Don't work in mental health like me. It is bad news bears. It's really the only factor that I think has been depleting my resources.

Can anyone give a brief list of core supplements that are proven to work for us peeps? I know what works for me...but i kind of want to decrease my supplement load as much as possible since i think my body struggles to even absorb them. ones that i know for a fact that have worked for me are:

Glutamine - muscle mass

*Biotin---i believe it makes my nails stronger..but hard do say if it's directly the biotin.

Oil of Oregano/MMS - kills pathogens, bacterial infections and increases oxygenation in the body

*gluten free has alleviated any psychological symptoms...do not get brain fog, better digestion, and better energy overall.

oil of oregano I haven't tried that! Do you mix it with something or take it straight? Glad to hear things are going good!

Wild oil of oregano is potent stuff , but it's a super herb indeed , I take a couple of drops and then drink a glass of water , it bites hard but it works

I had sinus problems too and it cleared them up in a week  , truly amazing stuff , it also seems to increase my energy at work so that's another

bonus .

Garlic relieving dehydration that's a new one for me , but I like garlic in my food so I'll up the ante on that one.

#2906 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#2907 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

lol I could never work in a mental hospital...when I was there for a week, there were two basic types, average people who were haing crises or breakdowns (like myself) and those unfortunate people who are truly gone...I had a schizophrnic woman sharing my room, she hardly spoke but she would giggle and laugh in the middle of the night a nothing. Still creeps me out.

Glutamine - muscle mass

#2908 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

@ all the perps

Also people- can we stop requoting people's long winded quotes in response just tag themthem, they will see it were here all the freaking time reading every post it's not like your gonna miss it were addressing using user names it's so irritating........

#2909 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

#2910 Chico Esposito

Chico Esposito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Is flaxseed oil linked to facial flushing? cos i've taken it for two days and my face is red like a beetroot....not cool. Oregano oil...hmm might try that, add that to the list biggrin.png

#2911 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Chico- Yes, I think I said to be careful with flax! Many Accutane suffers do not do well with flax. I thinking of trying the oregano oil something new :) I would stop the flax oil though and maybe try foods with flax, but I can say I can't tolerate, Lamarr couldn't tolerate and a lot of suffers can't.

Hope the flushing goes down, give it a few days.

#2912 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

#2913 Chico Esposito

Chico Esposito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Chico- Yes, I think I said to be careful with flax! Many Accutane suffers do not do well with flax. I thinking of trying the oregano oil something new smile.png I would stop the flax oil though and maybe try foods with flax, but I can say I can't tolerate, Lamarr couldn't tolerate and a lot of suffers can't.

Yeah i'll just stick to the GLA and see were that takes me. Oh lots of water throughout the day is a must. This oregano oil is intriguing though,  i have a white coat on my tongue and it could be candida related. 

#2914 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Chico- Yes, I think I said to be careful with flax! Many Accutane suffers do not do well with flax. I thinking of trying the oregano oil something new smile.png I would stop the flax oil though and maybe try foods with flax, but I can say I can't tolerate, Lamarr couldn't tolerate and a lot of suffers can't.

Yeah i'll just stick to the GLA and see were that takes me. Oh lots of water throughout the day is a must. This oregano oil is intriguing though,  i have a white coat on my tongue and it could be candida related. 

Wild oil of oregano will take care of your white tongue , no problem. Has anyone tried evening pimerose oil????  It is suposed to be good for

joint pain among other things.

Edited by gladiatoro, 11 May 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#2915 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#2916 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Oregano oil and joint pain

http://www.disabled-...-of-oregano.php

#2917 09eric09

09eric09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I've been meaning to try some cannibus oil, has anybody else tried it? Does it have to be a specific kind?

#2918 TaneAbomination

TaneAbomination

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:30 yrs old. Cycled accutane over period of 2 1/2 years for cystic acne. Last accutane course in December 2011 produced side effects including loss of sex drive, depression, and latest side effect includes hair loss.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Another accutane-related suicide.

I remember when this terrible story came out in 2002 of the boy crashing his plane into the building in Tampa, but had no idea Accutane was behind it.

http://web.archive.o...27200794292.htm

#2919 Robert1000

Robert1000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

What disease can possibly lead to thinning of the hair and hair loss of scalp, pubic area, eyelashes, eyebrows? even on hands, hair seems to get out easily. My cortisol level is over limit. My Anti-TPO test is OK. My estrogen level is close to highest level. Testosteron is in the range of a 45-55 years old man.

What can it be guys? my skin covered by hair seems to get inflamated all the time, and get the hairs out.

I tried Vit A, is gived me severe hair inflamation. Dont try it!

Saw Palmetto just leads to more hair loss. Not good! Tried it for 1 week or so, few months ago...

I dont feel like eating anything guys, i eat so few, and still not hungry. And my body still kinda fatty.

Anybody has/had same symptoms and fixed them somehow?

#2920 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Robert, it is staggering that you would try another anti-androgen to remedy the anti-androgen induced system melt down you are currently experiencing.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users