Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5670 replies to this topic

#2881 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#2882 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

LOL you guys are hilarious. The comments are so on point though. Everyone else has elicited such inspiration in me, minus the obvious one who needs to use big words to feel important and target other people's intellect to feel better. 20 bucks he'll keep commenting though..

So you are in Cancun

Edited by camaroz28, 09 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

Thus spoke Joseph Buchignani.

#2883 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Seriously...Im starting to believe its pointless to try and  tell people on this site how bad accutane is because they dont want to believe it, hell I didnt believe it until I experienced it myself.

People believe what they wantto believe.

just a little piece of random info to lighten the mood: I read an article on the worlds official oldest woman, who lived to be almost 127 (documented case, there are those who claimed much older but cant prove it). This lady says among other things, she ate a lot of olive oil, cooked with it rubbed it onher skin, drank red wine and ate 2 lbs of chocolate a week. I could deal with the chocolate part.

I think dryness can only be helped by anti-inflammatory oils, whether fish oil flax, borage evening primrose etc. I usually take flax oil and eat walnuts every day, I think its helped the dry  eye but I never had anything as severe as some of you who took this stuff for  months.

But it's the dryness that is at the root cause of all physical symptoms if we can't address that then what hope do we have?

#2884 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Seriously...Im starting to believe its pointless to try and  tell people on this site how bad accutane is because they dont want to believe it, hell I didnt believe it until I experienced it myself.

People believe what they wantto believe.

just a little piece of random info to lighten the mood: I read an article on the worlds official oldest woman, who lived to be almost 127 (documented case, there are those who claimed much older but cant prove it). This lady says among other things, she ate a lot of olive oil, cooked with it rubbed it onher skin, drank red wine and ate 2 lbs of chocolate a week. I could deal with the chocolate part.

>

I think dryness can only be helped by anti-inflammatory oils, whether fish oil flax, borage evening primrose etc. I usually take flax oil and eat walnuts every day, I think its helped the dry  eye but I never had anything as severe as some of you who took this stuff for  months.

But it's the dryness that is at the root cause of all physical symptoms if we can't address that then what hope do we have?

Yep I been around Acne.org for 5yrs at least and well they are going to eat thier poision! I've read some having severe side effects and refuse to quit! eusa_wall.gif

However, I am always there/here when all hell breaks loose I just waitpopcorn.gif

The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#2885 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

You know what the worst part of it is? Aside from all the horrors people esperience, most of the time the acne returns after accutane. So, basically people have destroyed their health all in vain.

I know there was a time when I thought, "if I only had clear skin I could handle anything" ha, yeah funny, that ...

People believe what they want to believe.

&gt

;

But it's the dryness that is at the root cause of all physical symptoms if we can't address that then what hope do we

have?lockquote>

Yep I been around Acne.org for 5yrs at least and well they are going to eat thier poision! I've read some having severe side effects and refuse to quit! eusa_wall.gif

However, I am always there/here when all hell breaks loose I just waitpopcorn.gif

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 29 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#2886 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

One more thing...I got mononucleosis, and I believe it is from a lowered immune system. I feel like myoverall  enegry level is lowered...I never used to take naps, now I am sometimes falling asleep by betweeen 1-3 pm. I go to bed around 9-9:30, I used to be a night owl and never went to sleep before 12. I feel like for a woman of my age (31) I have a very low level of energy. Of course when I had mono I slept most of the day but I still dont feel completely recovered.

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 01 May 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#2887 sbowlchica

sbowlchica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Every time I see Accutane mentioned online, I have to jump in and warn them. I feel like one of those super religious people that goes door to door trying to save people's souls. And, of course, the people treat me like one of them and slam the door in my face.

Recovering from Accutane-related hair loss.

(over a year and a half after stopping...)

#2888 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Everything going according to plan at the new job. Experimenting with increasing my 1000 calorie limit from 1L yoghurt per day to 1.5L. Had one fatigue day due to trying some storebought yoghurt with emulsifier, apparent histamine inflammation reaction, luckily it happened on my day off. Seems to have been limited to 1 day effect so far. Anyway doing fine most of the time. Not great e.g. high energy but fine. Focused and disciplined.

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides. 

Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013. 

Regimen summary:
Eat only 
1. true free range lean chicken breast (expensive)
2. Lean white-tail shrimp (moderately expensive)
3. Glutinous rice gruel (very cheap)

All ad libitum, minimum 150g shrimp/d. 

Supplements:
1. Blue Ice CLO / Butter Oil blend
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
3. Source Naturals Essential enzymes 2x per meal
4. Symbiotics Colostrum ~1/8 scoop per meal
5. Cycled topical testosterone cream
6. Topical ACV, tea tree oil (morning) and benzoyle peroxide 10% (night)

Zeitgeibers:
1. Aim to nap every 3 hours for 20 minutes
2. Match light exposure to sunrise, sunset
3. Match meals to sun

#2889 sbowlchica

sbowlchica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Take my Negative Accutane Experiences survey:

http://www.acne.org/...riences-survey/

I'm trying to get as much information as I can about why we were affected and what some of the most common issues are. 

Recovering from Accutane-related hair loss.

(over a year and a half after stopping...)

#2890 CHIRON

CHIRON

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

A little info about lithium orotate , worth the read.

http://mysite.verizo...otate/id13.html

Hi, I was wondering how the Lithium Orotate is going?  Any other related information at this time?

#2891 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

A little info about lithium orotate , worth the read.

http://mysite.verizo...otate/id13.html

Hi, I was wondering how the Lithium Orotate is going?  Any other related information at this time?

Hey ,  Chiron  , I took it for a while about a month or so , it did seem to be good for my mood but it also made me sleepy whenever I took it , not

the best side effect but if I were you I would give it a try .  So now I switched to 5- HTP , haven't taken it long enough to see benefits but a lot of

people like it  and it's  all natural so that's why I'm trying it ,  5-HTP is short for its longer name: 5-Hydroxytryptophan. It is a natural compound

that is produced by your body which acts as a precursor to the important  "happiness" neurotransmitter called serotonin and the "sleep"

hormone melatonin.

Here is a link.  (=

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2SNcTG88P

Edited by gladiatoro, 04 May 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#2892 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Edited by sdro123, 26 June 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#2893 rivladoo

rivladoo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello,

just a simple idea that I had... 

so accutane is actually not vitamin A, its very close but if you look at the chemical composition its has some differences. I'm thinking the body uses it as vitamin A but it can't do the job of vitamin A since its different. I know we are trying to avoid vitamin A but did anyone here try to supplement with vitamin A ? 

#2894 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Ive just filled out the on-line form for the FDA reproting suicidal thoughts and all the other stuff Ive had from accutane. So the bastards can add me to the "1%" who gets that "rare" side effect . Sarcasm here...

I have been feeling extremely tired lately. Im wondering if this is a side effect of accutane at such a small dose?

I took it August of  '12...since taking this drug Ive had one health problem after another starting with the depression, followed by ear/vision problems and now have extreme fatigue. Im 31 years old and I feel like Im 81. I never took naps or had afternoon crashes, now I am in bed by 9. Im addicted to caffiene. Also Im getting another sore throat, constand sinus problems with sore throat. I think accutane has lowered my immunity and Im catching every danmed germ/virus which comes along. God if Id taken a "normal" dose I think Id be dead by now.

I really shouldnt think like this cause theres no point, just saying I hardly got sick before this nightmare.

At least Im not suicidal anymore.

the kind of funny part is when I have a sore throat I sound like Minnie Mouse. People think Im a small child on the phone.

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 06 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#2895 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hello,

just a simple idea that I had... 

so accutane is actually not vitamin A, its very close but if you look at the chemical composition its has some differences. I'm thinking the body uses it as vitamin A but it can't do the job of vitamin A since its different. I know we are trying to avoid vitamin A but did anyone here try to supplement with vitamin A ? 

I think somone posted something about supplementing with Vit A or cod liver. I wouldn't do it! Accutane is a derviative of Vit A. Some do okay with beta form and eating certian beta Vit A foods, others can't tolerate Vit A period after Accutane. Accutane is crazy, there is a old suffer who was acutally deficent the only way he could tolerate Vit A was by IV to bring his levels up.

The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#2896 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

I have been feeling extremely tired lately. Im wondering if this is a side effect of accutane?

I took it August of  '12...since taking this drug Ive had one health problem after another starting with the depression, followed by ear/vision problems and now have extreme fatigue. Im 31 years old and I feel like Im 81. I never took naps or had afternoon crashes, now I am in bed by 9. Im addicted to caffiene. Also Im getting another sore throat, constand sinus problems with sore throat. I think accutane has lowered my immunity and Im catching every danmed germ/virus which comes along. God if Id taken a "normal" dose I think Id be dead by now.

I really shouldnt think like this cause theres no point, just saying I hardly got sick before this nightmare.

Try wild oil of oregano drops a bottle is only about 25 bucks or so and it will last you months worth every penny , this will help your immune

system , make sure it's wild it's the most potent  and yeah accutane damages the  immune system among other things , there is no doubt about

that. Our body's have been weaken by this poison for sure there is absolutely no question about that.

And check out my link.

http://curingherbs.c...oregano_oil.htm

Edited by gladiatoro, 06 May 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#2897 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

*looks up at last comment and earns 20 bucks*

You are back; I thought I was going to have to send

@Auguries: I have been wanting to say this for a while; but, you are such a sweet lady and you have been through so much that I didn't want to say anything. Please, get off the remaining DHT inhibitor(s) you are taking if you want to feel like yourself again. If it is curbing your acne, it's exerting anti-androgenic effects. I understand, if you can't bring yourself to do it. 

Edited by camaroz28, 09 May 2013 - 11:25 PM.

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

#2898 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

More info on wild oil of oregano.

http://curezone.com/...am.asp?i=207281

#2899 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

thanks, I will look into this. I am open to herbs and other natural stuff.

I have been feeling extremely tired lately. Im wondering if this is a side effect of accutane?

Try wild oil of oregano drops a bottle is only about 25 bucks or so and it will last you months worth every penny , this will help your immune

system , make sure it's wild it's the most potent  and yeah accutane damages the  immune system among other things , there is no doubt about

that. Our body's have been weaken by this poison for sure there is absolutely no question about that.

And check out my link.

http://curingherbs.c...oregano_oil.htm

Mentally i feel Ok now no more depression/anxiety. Im just physically exhausted and have below normal energy. Can anti-DHt supplemenst make you more tired? Im not using them to recover from accutane Im using them for PCOS, wondering why you say get off them isnt DHT a bad hormone, especially in females?

*looks up at last comment and earns 20 bucks*

You are back; I thought I was going to have to send you a bouquet of pansies, hypericum, roses and gladi….well, you know what I mean. When I mocked you on the word choice, I was actually mocking you mocking me on my word choices. It’s silly to think we can rigorously police the demarcation line dividing supposedly fancy and mundane words. I guess you guys have to beat me into submission somehow.

@Auguries: I have been wanting to say this for a while; but, you are such a sweet lady and you have been through so much that I didn't want to say anything. Please, get off the remaining DHT inhibitor(s) you are taking if you want to feel like yourself again. If it is curbing your acne, it's exerting anti-androgenic effects. I understand, if you can't bring yourself to do it. 

#2900 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Auguries

Well, the rhetoric stipulating DHT is the greatest scourge the human body has had to deal with is just that - rhetoric. It is just fodder pedaled by the snake oil salespeople that effectively are the pharmaceutical giants; and, even worse, the outright manipulations the supposed ‘healthy’ alternative practitioners of the world, would have you believe. DHT is fundamentally physiologically required by the body. Is DHT all sugar and spice? No, it is not. You are not just quelling DHT levels (with saw palmetto and Spironolactone), but you are also preventing other androgens from expressing themselves at the receptor site. The following is from Wikipedia: “However, 5α-reductase inhibitors are thought to have persistent side effects that can continue after quitting the treatment, including diminished libido, erectile dysfunction and male breast cancer,[13][14] and are suspected to have persistent cognitive side effects, including depression,[15] brain fog and memory loss.”[

http://en.wikipedia....drotestosterone

There is a major brouhaha brewing over at Propeciahelp.com for a reason. You should go there and read some of the literature they have amassed as to the importance of DHT. No one there will tell you the natural equivalents of the pharmaceutical poison are anything to be complacent about.

Edited by camaroz28, 06 May 2013 - 10:52 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users