vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5789 replies to this topic

#2821 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Why is it only some of the guys on here fight? Let's just tone it down a notch. Let it go...accutane should be uniting us...and no I'm not gonna say world peace too, because I just want to be able to go on here and get some helpful information without getting anxious about who is bashing who. just stop please. thank you!! I'm sure I've given some advice that wasn't spot on, but it is ADVICE. I always say it's MY experience but to try it at your own risk.  MOVE ON.

Well this is the thing: You have never said anything which I find even remotely problematic in the context of this thread. That is the point. If you decided to take DHT inhibitor herbs at home to combat whatever you like I really have no problem; just don't come on here, and twist the facts to suit your warped agenda. I mean I even like your musical taste; I am big fan of Radiohead and Beach House, but not so much Death Grips. I would have preferred Elliott Smith, but I have no right to bring that up here because that would be completely decontextualized point to bring up, and you are certainly not harming anyone. If the inappropriately named Gladiatoro can forget his own little problems in the setting of this important thread, you will not hear a murmur out of me. If he continues to act with disregard, I propose a forced name change to something more apt like Gladiola.  

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

Thus spoke Joseph Buchignani.

#2822 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:finished taking Roaccutane December 2010.
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    Doseage: 60:40 mg alternating daily for 11/12 months
    Sideffects:None till course was over.
    Now - SEVERE dry/brittle hair.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    My side effects include: Chronic Dry mouth
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin
    Facial fat atrophy - fatloss. Hollow eyes & cheeks

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

You guys are seriously great fun.
Life really does suck in so many ways now, but at least we can still have a laugh.
Hey, in a normal world we might even have a round of drinks imagine that?!

#2823 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

^^Haha, you certainly paint a picture. Could you imagine Joesph after a few drinks and cigarettes on a belly filled with homemade yoghurt? Priceless!

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

#2824 Chico Esposito

Chico Esposito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Seriously, guys, this is what Roche wants. United we stand, divided we fall. Even our closest friends and family have said that we're overdramatizing, that we're hypochondriacs, that this is all in our heads. This group is all we have, so we need to stick together.

It's okay to think that someone else's supplement/regimen/medicine is BS. That's fine. But if you're going to point it out, do it with facts, not opinions. Post sources: studies, books, something legitimate that backs up your claims. If you think something that someone is doing is going to harm them, let them know why.

In the same vein, just because someone makes a treatment mistake doesn't mean they're stupid/evil/foolish, and does NOT give you the license to provoke them. We're a community, and fighting among ourselves will get us nowhere.

Also, we need to accept that different things work for different people. Just because something didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. Accutane has done different things to all of us; we don't all have the exact same side effects and blood test results. For most of us, Accutane screwed up a whole bunch of things, and we've got a lot of health issues to skate around.

When it comes to cures, I'd say diet is the easiest thing to try, especially if Accutane left you with digestion issues. So many people have had success with it. Just try it for a month and see how you feel.

Also, Chico, if I were you, I'd go with the borage oil. I take evening primrose oil because it raises and helps me metabolize my estrogen… I'm not sure you want that tongue.png

Yes I fully agree united we stand , divided we fall  , arguing over what one person tries to improve there situation  and cutting them down is childish and

I won't play that silly game , try what you like whatever helps you but  DON'T  cut down other people for there trials and errors , you can point out your

opinion but you don't have to be rude  , I am referring to Z 28 , grow up man. This forum is to help each other period.

>>What about GLA or gamma linolenic acid to give it's full title. Its in borage/starflower oil and evening primrose oil i remember someone saying a while back that it specifically helped their skin dryness, has anyone had any experience with this? it's meant to be an anti inflammatory omega 6 fatty acid. 

Also what about flaxseed oil, it's an omega 3 without the retinol content of fish oil, but i've heard a poster reference the fact that they don't do well on any omega 3.

Chico , I agree the retinol is very bad for us , a few years ago  I took fish oil for a month  or so a fair amount per day interestingly enough it said

on the bottle it was Vitamin A free , that's why I bought it ,  it was carlsons fish oil  , yet my back seized up for three days (not fun)after ingesting

this stuff  again a giant failure in my treatment plan lol... for obvious reasons I avoid any kind of fish oil now , this drug is fun fun fun. ha. I still

don't understand how a synthetic drug can cause all these side effects years later , certainly our gene expressions have been changed perhaps

even our DNA. Live and learn I guess.

I know it's weird, theres some connection with omega 3 and retinol in the body. It could be that trace amounts of the retinol are still in the product and thats what affected you. Even flax contains beta carotene, i was looking through udo's choice ingredients and it contains wheat germ oil which is full of beta carotene, the oil itself is bright orange because of the carotenoids it contains. Likewise with pumpkin seed oil....it's retinol and foods high in carotenoids that we seem to react too.

What about GLA or gamma linolenic acid to give it's full title. Its in borage/starflower oil and evening primrose oil i remember someone saying a while back that it specifically helped their skin dryness, has anyone had any experience with this? it's meant to be an anti inflammatory omega 6 fatty acid. 

Also what about flaxseed oil, it's an omega 3 without the retinol content of fish oil, but i've heard a poster reference the fact that they don't do well on any omega 3.

I take GLA in liquid form by Nordic Naturals! It does good for me, is it a cure well no! Also, I would tread lightly on the flax as many old suffers and myself who have been around awhile didn't do well with flax. Such as flushing, palpatations etc... It's up to you, though you could start with flax seed in with certian things vs a supplement. I have say diet is crucial at least for me and I feel alot better without sugar, alot of carbs, etc... Digestion has improved alot also smile.png

I'm going to order borage oil, thank you for your advice Oil Girl.

But it's the dryness that is at the root cause of all physical symptoms if we can't address that then what hope do we have?

Theres two types of dryness, most accutane sufferers have both. The first is there is no production of sebum, so the skin on the face / body looks very dry, as does the hair because it's not lubricated. The second is the internal dryness which is the lubrication of the joints, cartilage and bones of the body, which creates joint cracking, pain, weakness.

Edited by Chico Esposito, 23 April 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#2825 Chico Esposito

Chico Esposito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Things that may address the lack of sebum are high dose biotin 15-20mg of the stuff per day has been known to increase sebum production in the body. The body makes sebum with linoleic acid and oleic acid. Oleic acid is undesirable and is usually used by the body in the absence of linoleic acid, it's partly the reason why people have acne and other skin complaints in the first place. The body wants to use linoleic acid and that creates a healthy skin barrier and healthy sebum.

Sources high in linoleic acid are flax oil, hemp oil, borage oil, evening primrose oil......olive oil is very high in oleic acid so i tend to stay away from that one. These may help you produce more sebum but you may react to flax, it seems to cause some problems with accutane sufferers.

The internal dryness is more about hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate and collagen, which are the lubricating components of the joints. I've heard people reference baxyl liquid for it's hyaluronic acid content as a help. Theres also a very inexpensive way to do it. All you'll need is a slow cooker and some bones, i order mine online, you can use chicken, lamb or beef bones it's really non specific. I have one like this

You put the bones in the slow cooker, then add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (i use braggs) add water until the bones are submerged then switch the heat on.........you leave it too cook on the low setting for 24 hours or the high setting for about 12 hours. Once it's finished you put the broth into mason jars, i use a sieve to make sure non of the bones or cartliage get through.Then put it in the fridge for the next day. In the morning you'll see that the fat in the broth has risen to the top and formed an almost wax like substance, remove all of that and you should be left with a gelatin rich broth that looks almost jelly like if you've done it correctly.

Empty the broth into a small pan and heat for about 4-5 minutes until it's liquid and warmed through. Then just drink it, it's full of gelatin, collagen, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Bone broth daily maybe adding something like baxyl liquid to the regimen will go some way to helping the internal dryness. 

Word of warning if you order chicken carcasses they come with giblets usually wrapped in film in the cavity of the bird, throw them out they contain a lot of vitamin A, just discard them and use the body of the bird. Also make sure to remove the wax on the top of the broth which is fat. If there are any fat soluble vitamins present thats were they'll be so discard. The gelatin is what you want.

#2826 Lukez

Lukez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yes, gelatin broths are good. You can buy gelatin and add it to some kind of liquid or soup.

#2827 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Theres two types of dryness, most accutane sufferers have both. The first is there is no production of sebum, so the skin on the face / body looks very dry, as does the hair because it's not lubricated. The second is the internal dryness which is the lubrication of the joints, cartilage and bones of the body, which creates joint cracking, pain, weakness.

Yes, but it is also systemic chronic cellular dehydration; it's like our cells can't retain water anywhere near as effectively as they could in the past. We are locked in a permanent diuresis loop for years. I would wake up in the morning, then head out for the day - even on social stuff. I would spend the whole day drinking water (3+ litres), and at the end of the day I would weigh 3 kilos less. I would only recover that lost water weight in my sleep. Of course, I spent the day running to the toilet, because the water would run straight out of me. I suffered from hypotension for 3 years, and that's a nightmare in itself as far as fatigue and all the rest of it. Forget all the androgen receptor damage and what have you.

#2828 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hence the reason why some not all suffers have success with hyluronic acid as it plays a crucial role in hydrating the tissues and a important role with our cells!

Hence the reason why some not all suffers have success with hyluronic acid as it plays a crucial role in hydrating the tissues and a important role with our cells!
The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#2829 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

But biotin and hyluronic acid don't work, I can't keep holding onto hope that this will get better I feel like I'm just shrivelling up, my hair is dead my skin is shrivelled, my mouth and nose and lips are so dry I'm really not coping with all this.

#2830 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes, its utility in the setting is self evident, but it isn't going to stop the diuretic effect. At the very least, all DHT inhibitors and anti-androgens should be off the table. There are going to be chaps out there who are going to drive around town in their faux Stangs with saw palmetto scented car air freshners, because they know it all; but what are you going to do?

Edited by camaroz28, 24 April 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#2831 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

"Yes, but it is also systemic chronic cellular dehydration; it's like our cells can't retain water anywhere near as effectively as they could in the past. We are locked in a permanent diuresis loop for years. I would wake up in the morning, then head out for the day - even on social stuff. I would spend the whole day drinking water (3+ litres), and at the end of the day I would weigh 3 kilos less. I would only recover that lost water weight in my sleep. Of course, I spent the day running to the toilet, because the water would run straight out of me. I suffered from hypotension for 3 years, and that's a nightmare in itself as far as fatigue and all the rest of it. Forget all the androgen receptor damage and what have you."

This is fascinating Camaroz. Now that I've fixed the dominating gut problems, I'm noticing this. Sometimes dizzy when rising, dehydration easy to happen. What is the solution? It's not a terrible problem for me, but maybe room for improvement. 

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides. 

Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013. 

Regimen summary:
Eat only 
1. true free range lean chicken breast (expensive)
2. Lean white-tail shrimp (moderately expensive)
3. Glutinous rice gruel (very cheap)

All ad libitum, minimum 150g shrimp/d. 

Supplements:
1. Blue Ice CLO / Butter Oil blend
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
3. Source Naturals Essential enzymes 2x per meal
4. Symbiotics Colostrum ~1/8 scoop per meal
5. Cycled topical testosterone cream
6. Topical ACV, tea tree oil (morning) and benzoyle peroxide 10% (night)

Zeitgeibers:
1. Aim to nap every 3 hours for 20 minutes
2. Match light exposure to sunrise, sunset
3. Match meals to sun

#2832 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Livetoregret & Camaroz28 - Note that is why I said some and NOT ALL! If you have autoimmune diseases (like myself) and they are flaring or not undercontrol then I can take as many supplements I want with no sucess on my dryness, but there are some suffers without autoimmune diseases in which H.A., GLA and biotin has helped.

The secret of health for both mind & body
is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
The Buddha

#2833 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

OliGirl: There was no mix up; we got the point; it is self-evident that water comes before all else in the body - that was my point! You have to accept you are longer dealing with a pot, but a sieve. Liveto: It will get better after years; I know it is not what you want to hear, but it will let up. Even those with no apparent autoimmune markers don't respond; I was one of them. 

#2834 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

"Yes, but it is also systemic chronic cellular dehydration; it's like our cells can't retain water anywhere near as effectively as they could in the past. We are locked in a permanent diuresis loop for years. I would wake up in the morning, then head out for the day - even on social stuff. I would spend the whole day drinking water (3+ litres), and at the end of the day I would weigh 3 kilos less. I would only recover that lost water weight in my sleep. Of course, I spent the day running to the toilet, because the water would run straight out of me. I suffered from hypotension for 3 years, and that's a nightmare in itself as far as fatigue and all the rest of it. Forget all the androgen receptor damage and what have you."

This is fascinating Camaroz. Now that I've fixed the dominating gut problems, I'm noticing this. Sometimes dizzy when rising, dehydration easy to happen. What is the solution? It's not a terrible problem for me, but maybe room for improvement. 

It's not really fascinating at all to me; because it was so apparent it was by biggest problem at the beginning. That probably also tells where we are with severity in relation to one another. I only developed digestion issues after years of fighting every other symptom with liver tonics; at the end, I was just pushing too hard. The liver tonics would keep upright for 10 hours a day so I could work.

Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse once sang that: "The one thing you taught me about human beings, is that they aren't made of anything other than water and sh*t." Perhaps a crude point, and perhaps a little anti-humanistic, but it was still genius. It is water that forms ALL of the biological matter that we think of as the solid vessel containing the fluid. I am not going to pretend to have the answer on resetting default settings in this regards. That is why we need research. You can be sure that impeded hormone expression is a big player.

#2835 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

"That probably also tells where we are with severity in relation to one another."

I don't think that alone is enough, because symptoms can be quite different. Mine rendered me unable to work for 3.5 years, and I'm hard to stop. Most of that time was spent horizontal, out of necessity. It sounds like you had a similar effect for different reasons.

You tried a lot of things. Is your only useful recommendation to drink more water?

Did you try B-vitamins? There's an interesting DNA connection there. 

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides. 

Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013. 

Regimen summary:
Eat only 

Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d

Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

#2836 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Yes, its utility in the setting is self evident, but it isn't going to stop the diuretic effect. At the very least, all DHT inhibitors and anti-androgens should be off the table. There are going to be chaps out there who are going to drive around town in their faux Stangs with saw palmetto scented cars air freshners because they know it all, but what are you going to do?

Funny Z28 lol , it is actually , you do have a sense of humor after all and I though you were just a dull chap ha.

#2837 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

It's already been over 2 years now and it's only gotte worse over time, the drying out kicked in over a year after being off it. April 2012 the whole game changes for me and its been nothing bit down hill since..

Rheumatoid factor alone is not enough to diagnose an auto immune diease with no ana antibodies present and everything else within normal range (so I'm told)..

#2838 camaroz28

camaroz28

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

@Joseph:

No my only recommendation is not more water; I made that clear with the pot and sieve analogy I employed with Oligirl. I also made it clear, that the only thing that worked in a notable way was liver tonic: first at recommended doses, and then a bit higher. Effects wane after that. I’ve tried everything. Waning is universally reported as one of the principal limitations with any treatment, after modest initial success.

When I spoke of my side effects severity, I was not trying to challenge you to a peeing competition, although it fits brilliantly literally and metaphorically in this setting. When LivetoRegret or I speak about the persistence and the fundamentality of the dryness, we are talking code, in that we are talking about a hormonal root which is impelling those changes. The dryness severity and longevity are just symptoms that make the suffering tangible, palpable and quantifiable in discourse. Super dryness is obviously related to a greater degree of androgen ablation. That is abundantly clear; inhibition of DHT and IGF-1; sebaceous gland death; changes to many of the genes governing and associated with the androgen receptor; changes to transcription factors, etc. all equal dryness and dehydration. In any case, you yourself said that gut problems were a dominating factor: enough said, I feel. I could go into more details about my sides, but that ultimately won’t accomplish anything.

@Gladiola: You are a cheeky little trickster; you love to get one up on me (you'll get there one day). I promise that if we ever do go out to a celebration for a cure, I am going to buy you a jumbo scrapbook so you can draw and write till your little heart is content, while all the adults are talking. I am taking a break; everyone, please be civil.

Edited by camaroz28, 24 April 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#2839 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hahaha Gladiola is my favourite bloom.

#2840 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ok, the reason I'm confused is "liver tonic" is a very broad term. I believe I've used liver herbs with little or no negative side effects but no radical improvement either. What did you use? 

The best way to measure dehydration is urine color, I assume. I quite rapidly fluctuate from clear to dark yellow and don't seem to drink enough regularly. It seems to be correlated to dizzyness when rising. Can you comment on this?

Do you think that Tongkat Ali or sublingual Deer Antler Spray would improve dryness? They target testosterone and growth factor respectively. Have you tried B-vitamins? A description of your sides would be interesting. 

Also, for those with GI trouble I note that I seem to have moderate trouble with storebought yoghurt and/or kefir. It is not consistent and a bit ambiguous, I haven't isolated the cause, mostly due to experimental hygeine, But the additional milk protein solids added for thickening may be a cause, and maybe kefir is inherently irritating. Only homemade yoghurt is proven to work consistently for me, so far. 

Edited by JosephBuchignani, 24 April 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Regimen summary:
Eat only 

Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d

Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users