4995 replies to this topic

#2501 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Great news about MMS! 

Oof, I finally figured out the problem since coming to China. I thought their chicken was less factory farmed due to developing status; turns out they're the worst offender. They contain caffeine, antihistamines, acetaminophen, fluroquinolones (banned antibiotics), arsenic, and even Prozac, plus the usual horrible omega 3:6 ratio. NO WONDER. 

Now I have to find some organic meat in Shenzhen, should be interesting. 

#2502 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Figured it out. Herbivorous fish like tilapia and catfish are ok when farmed on grains. So I can go with those for my bulk cheap protein source, even if I can't find anything decent that's organic around here. http://www.marksdail.../#axzz2LtZQPfqX

#2503 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:finished taking Roaccutane December 2010.
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    Doseage: 60:40 mg alternating daily for 11/12 months
    Sideffects:None till course was over.
    Now - SEVERE dry/brittle hair.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    My side effects include: Chronic Dry mouth
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin
    Facial fat atrophy - fatloss. Hollow eyes & cheeks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wow some people are getting really far out with the theories here, If you consistently feel shit all the time which I do, how can you gauge how a particular food or supplement effects you? Forgive me, but there is nothing that improve my symptoms whether it be a food, a supplement or anything.

#2504 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Edited by MovingOn, 26 June 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#2505 acne1776

acne1776

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Livetoregret,

I think part of it comes down to figuring out what's going on in the body.  My research and experience has supported that something autoimmune is occurring, as supplements/drugs that stop the auto-immune response include oil of oregano, MMS, cannabis (a lot of research, oral ingested form) and some others instantly stop my body in its tracks and hits the reset button.  What's going on in my body may be slightly different than others, but i think the underlying inability to fight off anything, and the body attacking itself non-the-less is the real issue...for me at least.  I've experimented tirelessly and there are things that DO work.  I'm sorry if they do not work for you, as I only hope that someday you can find relief as well.  I am still struggling immensely, but I have to have hope that the symptoms will stop getting worse and will eventually plateau which has happened for some people.  MMS has drastically improved things for me.  Currently waiting on labs to get done for diabetes, hypothyroid, etc. to get more information too.  Yoga and MMS has gone a LONG way for me.  If you don't have searing joint pain, my gosh that's one thing to be grateful for. I have it all over my body...only thing that's helped is staying mobile, doing yoga, taking HA, and yoga.  Started taking iodine as well, instantly smoother skin.  Lots of things were apparently damaged.  It's all a matter if finding what went wrong in the body, and how to manage or fix it.  It is possible! Don't stop questioning!

I like the attitude. Happy to hear you're having some success

#2506 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Livetoregret,

I think part of it comes down to figuring out what's going on in the body.  My research and experience has supported that something autoimmune is occurring, as supplements/drugs that stop the auto-immune response include oil of oregano, MMS, cannabis (a lot of research, oral ingested form) and some others instantly stop my body in its tracks and hits the reset button.  What's going on in my body may be slightly different than others, but i think the underlying inability to fight off anything, and the body attacking itself non-the-less is the real issue...for me at least.  I've experimented tirelessly and there are things that DO work.  I'm sorry if they do not work for you, as I only hope that someday you can find relief as well.  I am still struggling immensely, but I have to have hope that the symptoms will stop getting worse and will eventually plateau which has happened for some people.  MMS has drastically improved things for me.  Currently waiting on labs to get done for diabetes, hypothyroid, etc. to get more information too.  Yoga and MMS has gone a LONG way for me.  If you don't have searing joint pain, my gosh that's one thing to be grateful for. I have it all over my body...only thing that's helped is staying mobile, doing yoga, taking HA, and yoga.  Started taking iodine as well, instantly smoother skin.  Lots of things were apparently damaged.  It's all a matter if finding what went wrong in the body, and how to manage or fix it.  It is possible! Don't stop questioning!

what's your experience with oil of oregano? Thats one I havent tried..

I have searing burning throughout my body as if I am burning from the inside, but at the same time my body is covered in chicken skin and I have the chills,I went and saw a lady today who has 25 yrs experience in treating medical and cosmetic problems holistically - she looked me over from head to toe, she says my circulation is impaired, my body can not eliminate red blood cells she looked at my labs and says I basically need to rebuild my entire system my skin and hair are reflective of internal destruction..I plan on doing cosmetic accupuncture among other things. 

I dont ecen know anymore, Ive lost faith in everything and am feeling very suicidal at the moment.

#2507 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Livetoregret, I figured out that my symptoms followed eating and digestive pattern, so I tried various elimination diets. I'd recommend seeing if fasting helps. If so, the problem may be resolved by diet changes. 

#2508 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

And can you tell me what you man by your skin becoming smoother after taking iodine? Are we talking liquid?

How did it become smoother? 

#2509 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Livetoregret, I figured out that my symptoms followed eating and digestive pattern, so I tried various elimination diets. I'd recommend seeing if fasting helps. If so, the problem may be resolved by diet changes. 

Joseph - In the first year off it I ate my regular diet, whatever I liked really but Ive always eater healthily just with alot more bread & sugar and stuff. I never increased my water intake or eliminated anything and I was sort of cruising, everything went to shit in May last year for me., I started eliminating any bad stuff eating lots more fruit & veg, supplementing my diet, drinking tonnes of water and I have become so sick I feel Im hanging by a thread and death would be a blessing..

Im scared to fast I dont want to then become deficient in anything Ive worked so hard to have all the optimal nutrition for hair growth I dont want to traumatize my body anymore, Ive been through so much..I just feel and look so sick and poisoned

#2510 JosephBuchignani

JosephBuchignani

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Pain is merciless, that's a given here. 

Just because you think you're eating healthy, doesn't mean you're eating right for your damaged system. 

Go on a 24-48 hour water fast. If you improve, you'll know that what you're eating is causing at least part of the problem. If there's no change, then you'll know that removing foods won't help. 

You won't become deficient in anything from a 24-48 hour water fast. Humans can go a long time without food. 

#2511 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Joe's probably right on that account.

48 hours without food won't harm you.

But, it likely won't do much good either.

Livetoregret, you need to change your attitude if you want to stop feeling the way you do. I'm not going to say some bullshit about people worse off than you in Africa, but in perspective, things could be worse.

You've obviously tried very hard to fix things, and that obviously hasn't helped.

You're looking for the answers in all the wrong places, and you've become obsessed with your health to the point where you're making yourself worse because of the stress.

I don't know the answers to why we have these problems.

Theories suggest:

1) Drug is still in body and causing these issues (only reason I say this is possible is because some people get side effects after stopping the 'treatment')

2) The drug flat-out just damages the body, because it's chemotherapy (however, some people seem to get none of these symptoms, so that's unexplained)

3) The drug causes autoimmune issues (It obviously can do this, because Oligirl has diabetes) in some patients

4) The drug fucks up the endocrine (hormonal) system... (Could make sense)

5) Accutane damages the intestinal lining and weakens our ability to digest what we're eating (or makes us prone to allergies/ food sensitivities)

Bear in mind there are a few people who have improved without resulting to fasting. Diet clearly plays a part because this drug does something to the G.I. Tract.

There are things you can do to help your body though.

First, you need to stop spending every waking moment trying to find a way out of this. You won't because you don't even know the problem. You're not going to be better today, tomorrow, in a month. Maybe not for a year or longer.

But if someone told you you would get better and don't have to do anything, and you knew for fact that your body would heal in it's own time, you'd probably relax and realise you can't do anything about it right now.

Well, that's probably true. 

Have patience because you're wasting what little energy you do have on this.

That's not to say stop trying - Just don't expect something to cure you.

If you have money, and if you're like most of us you're probably lacking, you shouldn't waste it on random supplements.

Get a saliva test for your adrenals and follow a nutritionist's advice on what to eat.

Get a test for digestive issues, as this could be why your skin looks like shit. 

I don't know, but stop searching in the dark and come up with a plan where you make the decisions, not fate.

And quit feeling sorry for yourself, it won't do you any good.

#2512 TaneAbomination

TaneAbomination

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:30 yrs old. Cycled accutane over period of 2 1/2 years for cystic acne. Last accutane course in December 2011 produced side effects including loss of sex drive, depression, and latest side effect includes hair loss.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

@LiveToRegret:  Have you researched stem cell therapy?  Burn victims have healed completely from stem cell therapy.  Have you tried cannabis oil? This could relieve your pain at a minimum.  You  need to be very aggressive & start contacting universities / or neurologists to get the help you need.  

I spoke with a neurologist in Colombia who actually recommended stem cell therapy as a last resort for my issues. 

#2513 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

@LiveToRegret:  Have you researched stem cell therapy?  Burn victims have healed completely from stem cell therapy.  Have you tried cannabis oil? This could relieve your pain at a minimum.  You  need to be very aggressive & start contacting universities / or neurologists to get the help you need.  

I spoke with a neurologist in Colombia who actually recommended stem cell therapy as a last resort for my issues. 

Yes I have looked into stem cell therapy and am seriously considering this as the only option to reair the damage done to my cell division capabilties, lets face it thats what it all boils down to.

I have made inquiries with this company:http://www.macquarie...dney-australia/

I am contacting various professors in the dermatology field but I am thinking I need to see an oncoligist

#2514 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Edited by MovingOn, 26 June 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#2515 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Joe's probably right on that account.

48 hours without food won't harm you.

But, it likely won't do much good either.

Livetoregret, you need to change your attitude if you want to stop feeling the way you do. I'm not going to say some bullshit about people worse off than you in Africa, but in perspective, things could be worse.

You've obviously tried very hard to fix things, and that obviously hasn't helped.

You're looking for the answers in all the wrong places, and you've become obsessed with your health to the point where you're making yourself worse because of the stress.

I don't know the answers to why we have these problems.

Theories suggest:

1) Drug is still in body and causing these issues (only reason I say this is possible is because some people get side effects after stopping the 'treatment')

2) The drug flat-out just damages the body, because it's chemotherapy (however, some people seem to get none of these symptoms, so that's unexplained)

3) The drug causes autoimmune issues (It obviously can do this, because Oligirl has diabetes) in some patients

4) The drug fucks up the endocrine (hormonal) system... (Could make sense)

5) Accutane damages the intestinal lining and weakens our ability to digest what we're eating (or makes us prone to allergies/ food sensitivities)

Bear in mind there are a few people who have improved without resulting to fasting. Diet clearly plays a part because this drug does something to the G.I. Tract.

There are things you can do to help your body though.

First, you need to stop spending every waking moment trying to find a way out of this. You won't because you don't even know the problem. You're not going to be better today, tomorrow, in a month. Maybe not for a year or longer.

But if someone told you you would get better and don't have to do anything, and you knew for fact that your body would heal in it's own time, you'd probably relax and realise you can't do anything about it right now.

Well, that's probably true. 

Have patience because you're wasting what little energy you do have on this.

That's not to say stop trying - Just don't expect something to cure you.

If you have money, and if you're like most of us you're probably lacking, you shouldn't waste it on random supplements.

Get a saliva test for your adrenals and follow a nutritionist's advice on what to eat.

Get a test for digestive issues, as this could be why your skin looks like shit. 

I don't know, but stop searching in the dark and come up with a plan where you make the decisions, not fate.

And quit feeling sorry for yourself, it won't do you any good.

Stef - to watch yourself physically fall apart and look like a completely different person within 2 years is beyond devastating, to lose your hair, to have the skin of someone twice my age, I cant accept these things. I know the damage is done, to have your skin over your entire body burn from the inside and have nowhere to turn, to feel hideous and disfigured and poisoned with no way out - how can I not become obsessed with getting my health back?

#2516 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Stefan,

Would a nutritionist be the best person to get a food allergy test done? or a gastroenterologist? or both? I havn't explored that realm yet, but i definitely believe i have food allergies. I also have a strange addiction to sushi....like real sushi...not the cooked crapped...talking raw fish and rice. I think it may have to do with the fact that it's a natural source of iodine and fatty acids....yum. 

The other Stef.

#2517 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

9 grand for stem cell therapy - Im booked for a consult on the 12th March.

Everyone - please give me your opinions, do you think that this may help?

The doctor said he had treated one person before that had accutane sides, he's going to pull her file and we can discuss symptomatic relief at the consult.

I dont care I would do anything to normalize my body again - Im just scared that re injecting the same polluted cells into me may do nothing.

#2518 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I would ensure first that the one person he treated, did indeed get better.  I know you're very much like me, and  a lot of people on here who would try anything, but you are right.  You want to make sure that using your own cells would be effective.  Is there another form of stem cell you can receive? I'm sure it's  something you can bring up at the consultation...I'm considering exploring this venture further, but just be careful it is a credible source, and not a scam.  I'm sure you know this, but there are many out there.  The last thing i'd want for you is worse problems and debt!  Take care.

#2519 TaneAbomination

TaneAbomination

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:30 yrs old. Cycled accutane over period of 2 1/2 years for cystic acne. Last accutane course in December 2011 produced side effects including loss of sex drive, depression, and latest side effect includes hair loss.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

9 grand for stem cell therapy - Im booked for a consult on the 12th March.

Everyone - please give me your opinions, do you think that this may help?

The doctor said he had treated one person before that had accutane sides, he's going to pull her file and we can discuss symptomatic relief at the consult.

I dont care I would do anything to normalize my body again - Im just scared that re injecting the same polluted cells into me may do nothing.

9 grand sounds about right. I am considering this for myself if nothing else works.  The neurologist I'm currently seeing has no doubt in his mind that isotretinoin is the cause of my present issues and actually suggested stem cell therapy, though he mentioned they would take stem cells from my liver but I've read they can also be taken from bone marrow. 

The reason I believe this type of therapy would be helpful for accutane sufferers is because it's shown to reverse chemo damage (in rodents).  See link below:

Stem cells might reverse heart damage from chemo

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=9450419

It's important to note that a risk of stem cell therapy is that it could turn into cancer cells.  I would definitely mention this to the doctor when you have your consultation on March 12.

Here's my humble opinion.. if I were in a lot of pain, and my perception from your posts that you are definitely in a lot of pain...then I would consider taking the risk though personally I would try C.O. first to see if that helps (if you can obtain it).

Short basic article on stem cell therapy (from a holistic practicioner):

http://www.drlwilson...L THERAPIES.htm

Best wishes for you...I know you've suffered a lot so hoping this could be a light at the end of the tunnel.  Also, when you have your consultation please let us what happened to other accutane victim this doctor treated.  I hope the treatment was successful.  This could be exciting news for us.

#2520 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for your thoughts so far guys it means alot to me - the group of doctors offering this treatment are cosmetic physicians and cell biologists.

I spoke to the DR today and he said the last patient did have some improvement and her sypmtoms were very similar to mine.

The stem cells are harvested from fat in this case I believe which could pose a problem, I think I would [prefer them extracted from fat compared to an organ though. Basically there are no promises though.

I am also working with a holisitc cosmetic physician and Im going to do the blood cleansing before hand in conjunction with alot of accupuncture.

If only I could get some of those cord cells....

I have sent him an email detailing my concerns, along with photographs and a timeline of events over the last 2 years. I am so done suffering like this. I would pay anything to make it stop and twice that to reverse it. Money means nothing now.

@taneabbomination - thankyou for the links I will check them out and send you a pm.

Some info from their site:

Where do stem cells come from?

Stem cells are a type of regenerative cell and form part of the body’s own repair mechanisms. They are found throughout the body and when a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential to either remain a stem cell or differentiate (change) into a specific cell type with a specialised function, such
as a muscle cell, a red blood cell or a nerve cell.

Stem cells are present in adipose tissue in very high numbers. One gram of fat will contain more than 5 million stem cells. In comparison, the same amount of bone marrow will contain less than 1,000 stem cells.

What is the process?

The Macquarie Stem Cells autologous stem cell therapy is an extension of fat grafting. The fat cells and connecting collagen are removed leaving purified cells which include stem cells, progenitor and other regenerating cells and growth factors.

Stem cell therapy at Macquarie Stem cells is autologous, which means that they come from your own tissue.

Tissue is extracted via a mini-liposuction procedure, under local anesthetic, to extract around 60 cc’s of adipose (fat) tissue from the abdomen. Unrefined adipose tissue is primarily composed of the adipocyte tissue (80%) and a network of mostly capillaries that surround the adipocytes.

The patented process for separating the stem cells is unique as it uses a form of ultrasound (ultrasonic cavitation) to separate the cells. No enzymes or chemicals are needed. This allows us to keep the Bio scaffold and growth factors which are destroyed by other methods.

This technique can harvest up to ten times the number of stem cells than other techniques – such as those that rely on enzymes alone.

The mix of separated cells remaining are known as Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF) cells, which is contains around 60 per cent stem cells and the remainder made up of progenitor and other regenerating cells and growth factors.

Before use the SVF cells are them subjected to a quality test using an instrument called a flow cytometer to check each sample for cell viability and the cell count for each patient. This is an important quality step that allows ongoing tracking and monitoring of safety data.

What are the risks?

Macquarie Stem Cells has successfully treated more than 150 patients since 2009 without significant adverse event.

As an autologous product, the donor of the tissue and the recipient of the cells are the same person. This highly reduces problems commonly associated with allogeneic products. The risks of rejection are greatly reduced. The risks of allergic reaction are also highly reduced.

There have been no reported serious adverse reactions with adipose SVF stem cell therapy. Temporary minor reactions have been observed in 10 per cent of patients including flushing, heart palpitations (for a few minutes after the injection), and slightly raised temperature just after the injection.

Is stem cell therapy for me?

There are a number of instances in which you may be unsuitable for stem cell therapy.

Some conditions that might exclude you from suitability for stem cell therapy might include:

• Pregnancy;
  • Blood disorders;
  • Low BMI or insufficient fat reserves;
  • Infection;
  • Unstable illness;
  • Blood thinning medication;
  • Diabetes; and
  • Cancer.

Patients who have cancer are currently unable to undergo stem cell therapy. There is contradictory evidence at present about the interaction between adipose stem cells and cancer. Some studies in mice have pointed to an increase in the growth rate of cancer with adipose stem cells, while other studies have shown that stem cells inhibit cancer.

Until further clinical trials have been conducted on adipose stem cells and cancer, patients who have cancer are unable to receive stem cell therapy.

Previous cancer patients must be cleared by their oncologist to receive treatment.

The treatment process

After initial consultation and being cleared for treatment, a treatment plan will be discussed. This will include the number of therapy sessions required and any preparation and follow up checks and tests required.

A single stem cell therapy session takes only three hours as the cells are extracted, processed and then reinjected on site at Macquarie Stem Cells.

You will receive a mini-liposuction procedure, under local anesthetic, and the physician will remove approximately 60 cc’s of adipose (fat) tissue from the abdomen or other suitable location..

The SVF stem cells are injected into the affected site and also intravenously. This technique is known to almost double the effectiveness of the technique.

The stem cells then home to the site of injury to begin the process of repairing damaged tissue, such as the connective tissue damaged in osteoarthritis patients.

The remaining progenitor cells and growth factors help the stem cells to begin the process of repair and regeneration.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users