Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

10,088 posts in this topic

Nothing worked for me in food form so i went with Biotics iodine. I started with the RDA of 150mg...now I am up to 3-6 times that. I do it based upon how my body feels. I had normal lab findings for my thyroid keep in mind. I felt like i had a cold coming on for days when i first started taking it but then slowly the mucus thinned out and my skin became smooth and my FAVORITE part no fibromyalgia symptoms or foggy head!

Although i ALWAYS feel better after eating sushi, and there is iodine in the seaweed...perhaps thats why i am addicted....that or I am a bear...maybe both.

f'ed up my bear joke. I'll stick to seriousness. I eat salmon/avocado rolls only...bears like salmon...Ha. Okay, drum roll off the stage embarrassed.

1 person likes this

Maybe you should sashimmy off the stage instead.

Watch the additives in dried seaweed and the bacteria in sushi. I find I'm sensitive to both, probably. Or maybe with the sushi it's fat, can't tell.

Tons of shrimp makes me a happy camper.

1 person likes this

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.
Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013.
Regimen summary:
Eat only
1. true free range lean chicken breast (expensive)
2. Lean white-tail shrimp (moderately expensive)
3. Glutinous rice gruel (very cheap)
All ad libitum, minimum 150g shrimp/d.
Supplements:
1. Blue Ice CLO / Butter Oil blend
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
3. Source Naturals Essential enzymes 2x per meal
4. Symbiotics Colostrum ~1/8 scoop per meal
5. Cycled topical testosterone cream
6. Topical ACV, tea tree oil (morning) and benzoyle peroxide 10% (night)
Zeitgeibers:
1. Aim to nap every 3 hours for 20 minutes
2. Match light exposure to sunrise, sunset
3. Match meals to sun

Sashimmy hahaha worst joke ever. love it

Started today with my own "sauna therapy". My goal is to follow through with going to the sauna daily for the next 6 weeks. From experience I know that it cures me of my remaining skin problems within less than a week, so that is at least one major incentive.

Whenever I used to go the sauna I would hit it hard and lay on the top bench and overdo it with short rest intervalls and so on. I would usually feel the ramifications the next day, often times I would get sick. Now I am wiser, I will exclusively use the benches at the very bottom and start slowly and increase the time spend in the sauna over time.

Read a lot about it, Mark Hyman writes about it and recommends it as well. You also find studies about it where it helped cure people from CFS.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022399904006452

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauna#Health_risks_and_benefits

Edited by Undergroundwellness

Maybe you should sashimmy off the stage instead.

Watch the additives in dried seaweed and the bacteria in sushi. I find I'm sensitive to both, probably. Or maybe with the sushi it's fat, can't tell.

Tons of shrimp makes me a happy camper.

Hey Jospeh!

You said you had your genes tested at 23andme. Have ever taken a closer look at the test results to see in how far you are equipped with genes that make you a good detoxifier? For instance do you have all of the following genes? GSTT1, GSTM1, NAT2, GSTP1

Once you know which genes you are missing, you can in a next step search for the supplements that lessen the impact of these missing genes. For instance I have heard that people with certain gene modifications need a lot more B12 to have their system function properly. In this case you supplement a strong sublingual B12 or take B12 shots.

I want to highly recommend another book to you guys:

Transcend by Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossmann

A lot of scientific information is presented here even the once beloved topic of this thread - telomere shortening - is touched upon and how telomeres can be repaired and telomere shortening can be reversed.

1 person likes this

Hi, I took accutane in April (40 mg) and May (60 mg) after suffering from severe acne for over 10-11 years. I had to stop after 2 months because I started getting tingling sensation in my feet, which then led to numbness. Doctors including my dermatologist had no idea what was causing it, but I believed it was accutane so I stopped taking it. About 2 weeks after stop taking accutane, the tingling sensation and numbness in my feet started to go away. Ever since then I've been back on Retin-A cream 0.025%. And for past 3 months, it has somewhat helped me control my acne. However, I just moved up to .05% and out of nowhere my feet tingling and now even numbness came back. I just don't know what to do. I also started breaking out after I moved up to .05% and have at least 15+ active pimples at the moment.

My first question is, is it possible that the Retin-A cream is causing my feet tingling / numbness? Cuz it was fine when I was using .025%. It is getting really bad that it's preventing me from doing any other activities.

My second question is, what should I do if I have to stop using the Retin-A cream? Even if I just take like 1 day off, I will get multiple pimples so I'm scared to stop using it but I'm also really scared to keep using it.

Hi, I took accutane in April (40 mg) and May (60 mg) after suffering from severe acne for over 10-11 years. I had to stop after 2 months because I started getting tingling sensation in my feet, which then led to numbness. Doctors including my dermatologist had no idea what was causing it, but I believed it was accutane so I stopped taking it. About 2 weeks after stop taking accutane, the tingling sensation and numbness in my feet started to go away. Ever since then I've been back on Retin-A cream 0.025%. And for past 3 months, it has somewhat helped me control my acne. However, I just moved up to .05% and out of nowhere my feet tingling and now even numbness came back. I just don't know what to do. I also started breaking out after I moved up to .05% and have at least 15+ active pimples at the moment.

My first question is, is it possible that the Retin-A cream is causing my feet tingling / numbness? Cuz it was fine when I was using .025%. It is getting really bad that it's preventing me from doing any other activities.

My second question is, what should I do if I have to stop using the Retin-A cream? Even if I just take like 1 day off, I will get multiple pimples so I'm scared to stop using it but I'm also really scared to keep using it.

Just read the 180 pages of this thread backwards that will put you on the fast track to figure out how to cure yourself.

1 person likes this

Have all those genes. Have the MTHFR mutations as well. Will try methylfolate.

Very bad reaction when changed shrimp brands to vietnamese tiger prawns. Back on whiteleg shrimp and doing fine. Continuing career progression, life progression.

2 people like this

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.
Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013.
Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

Are you from the U.S.??? It is possible for Accutane to cause Neuropathy and such. Also, A lot of us are unable to ingest or use any retinol products etc. after being damaged by Accutane.

The secret of health for both mind & body

is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.

The Buddha

Very bad reaction when changed shrimp brands to vietnamese tiger prawns. Back on whiteleg shrimp and doing fine. Continuing career progression, life progression.

Joseph I can't remember if I asked you this maybe 100 pages back or so .... but how many grams did you ingest of isotretinoin? just wondering , I know

obviously the more one takes the worse the damage hence I am asking the question . It's good the whiteleg shrimp are working for you any progress is

good progress.

Not sure how many grams, it was a light dose just for a few months. I was a borderline case. But I obviously had bad genes for it. Increased risk for Crohn's, UC, MTHFR.

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

Not sure how many grams, it was a light dose just for a few months. I was a borderline case. But I obviously had bad genes for it. Increased risk for Crohn's, UC, MTHFR.

That's what I thought a few months like me I kind of remembered that I think you did tell me once way back when , you know it pisses me off when kids go to there derm with a few pimples and get prescribed accutane , these kids really have no idea of what there getting into and the life long implications involved some worse than others obviously , thanks for the info.

Edited by gladiatoro

I want to highly recommend another book to you guys:

Transcend by Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossmann

A lot of scientific information is presented here even the once beloved topic of this thread - telomere shortening - is touched upon and how telomeres can be repaired and telomere shortening can be reversed.

I am just about to get into the role of genes.Kurzweil writes in his book that research by Dr. Ornish at UCSF has shown that it is possible to change the expression of over 500 genes within 3 months. Thought that was interesting. How did they achieve these changes in gene expression?

- nutrition/supplementation

- excercise

- stress management

- increased social support

Genes definitely play a huge role in how we respond to medication and treatment. This is presumably why it it is so hard to find common denominators in how to heal ourselfes.

So you can't take most of the available b complexes?! Metabolic Maintenance, Pure Encapsulations and Thorne Research are to my knowledge the only companies that sell B complex products that are well tolerated by people with these genes.

Thanks for the tip re brands. I've had strongly positive metabolic reactions to b vitamins in the past, but may have also had stomach trouble from the construction of the pills.

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

Thanks for the tip re brands. I've had strongly positive metabolic reactions to b vitamins in the past, but may have also had stomach trouble from the construction of the pills.

I have yet to get my genes tested, but due to the fact that I have high homocystein levels (which may be linked to MTHFR) a good B Complex will definitely help to lower these.

I think I get breakouts from Inositol and PABA, which are nowadays found in almost all B Complex products, this is why I take Pure, but will try how I react to the B Complex from Metabolic M in the future, which also has Inositol and PABA.

Thorne just modified their B Complex, be sure not to get their old formula. Their new formula is to my knowledge only available in the states at the moment.

2 people like this

Are you from the U.S.??? It is possible for Accutane to cause Neuropathy and such. Also, A lot of us are unable to ingest or use any retinol products etc. after being damaged by Accutane.

Yes, I'm from the US. Also I've read like past 50 pages of this thread but didn't really answer any of my questions. I know some people cannot eat anything with vitamin A in it but never heard anyone post about how just applying it on the skin causes all these reactions and side effects.

Yes, I'm from the US. Also I've read like past 50 pages of this thread but didn't really answer any of my questions. I know some people cannot eat anything with vitamin A in it but never heard anyone post about how just applying it on the skin causes all these reactions and side effects.

Our skin cell receptors are %$^& up so prolonged rubbing of anything on the skin causes side effects ie re-activates the drug , not a good idea.

Edited by gladiatoro
1 person likes this

Our skin cell receptors are %$^& up so prolonged rubbing of anything on the skin causes side effects ie re-activates the drug , not a good idea.

Oh okay, thanks. I'm gonna stop using the Retin-A. I'm going to the doctors next week to check on my feet because it is killing me. It's like cold, tingling, throbbing, numbing to the extreme.

What should I do about my acne tho? I still have pimples all over the face. I've tried so many diff OTC products and antibiotics. I've also changed my diet. I don't eat fast food, soda or dairy bu doesn't seem to make a huge difference. If I can't get on accutane and can't use Retin-A cream, I don't know what's left to treat my acne. Any suggestions?

Hi,

i've too been poisoned by roaccutane 6 years ago.

the only thing that helped me to recover was:

-liver and kidney cleanse by andreas moritz or dr clark (10 liver flush & 2 kidney flush)

-diet change, no (refined) sugar, refined rock table salt, no red meat, grains, etc.. and eat lot of fruits.

-kefir & probiotics (who contain L.rhamnosus, B.longum, B.lactis, L.acidophilus & L.plantarum)

-red ice skate liver oil & synphonat klamath

-linseed oil

-butyric acid from olive oil (regenerate mucoca)

-coconut oil

-hyaluronic acid

-lot of sun exposure

-lot of exercice

-without medecinal purpose (they kinda poisoned me, but maybe they've done some good things): i've eat heated cannabis with oil and i've poisoned myself with MMS gas (jim humble) while mixing ingredients.

I've see people who healed themselves with isopathy, i will try it soon to fix the remaining accutane effects.
Good kombucha contain a lot of glucuronic acid & glucaric acid who can help detoxification.

This superfood seems powerful: http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2013/09/how-one-man-battles-cancer-with.html

Wheatgrass and DNA Repair
Dr. Yasuo Hotta, a biologist al the University of California at San Diego, has isolated another compound from young grasses. Provisionally named PDI, this substance has shown the ability to stimulate the production and natural repair of human reproductive sperm cells and DNA. Dr. Hotta tested reproductive cells rather than somatic cells (the ones that makeup body tissues) because of their remarkable ability to repair damaged DNA, thus ensuring the health of the newborn. The experiment consisted of firs I damaging one group of spermatocytes with X-radiation and administering a toxic chemical to another group. Some of the damaged cells from each group were then allowed to recover on their own, and others were given PDI. When the cells were incubated under normal controlled conditions, the added extract increased the number of cells repaired and the speed at which the repairs took place.

Edited by anonyy
2 people like this