IndigoRush

Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

11,954 posts in this topic

I am at health lvl 6, Nick. Thanks.
I don't think it's valid to say that your cod liver test indicates cod liver oil will not be powerfully beneficial for everyone.
While I have not tried plain cod liver oil, I have tried fish oil and krill oil with no effect. This mirrors your experience - omegas alone don't do anything.
When I say I am using cod liver oil, that is actually shorthand for Blue Ice fermented cod liver oil and grassfed butter oil blend. The processing method used by that brand, and the addition of grassfed butter oil (vitamin K2), make it a completely different supplement.
I look forward to seeing whether my results are reproducible for others here. We will know when someone buys and tries one of the recommended cod/butter oil blends here: *Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*
That site has a full explanation as to why plain cod liver oil != what I am taking.
1 person likes this

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

This article seems to have a different take on cod liver oil , I say if it's benefitial like in Joseph's case use it , perhaps start with a low dose and see what happens.

*Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*

I don't want to advertise Blue Ice and I actually have yet to try it myself, but I can tell you guys this: I know aside from Joseph three people who have told me that Blue Ice Fermented CLO is the best supplement for their health they have ever taken. So as I have said before I am going to try it this fall.

Edited by Undergroundwellness
2 people like this

Avocado is known to reverse liver damage.

*Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*

Helllloooo everybody!

So, I believe I have healed myself from the majority of my accutane side effects...

Eye floaters down from hundreds a day to a minimal amount, testicles back to good function, skin is entirely normal... digestion is better but still working on getting everything completely digested all the time but the constant churning and gargling was healed with Peppermint.

I think we have been having so many issues because our solutions have been like trying to put good gasoline in our car to help our car heal itself, however, it appears that our regular mechanism human body tissue repair was burnt at the frays by too much vitamin A.

So, the solution that has been helping me revolves around rebuilding that engine with glandulars.

I have created a website promoting the products that have helped me and I sell most of them at a cheaper price than Amazon...

I cannot post the name of the website here because the last time I tried doing that I was banned for a week.

If you would like more information please send me a private message.

I feel like things are back to normal again!!! woot woot!!!

xoxo

Tyler Maynerd Scott

2 people like this

Dubya, rather than quoting the posts (now hidden) you feel are advertising, can you please hit the "report" button that can be found at the bottom of each post. It is only by chance that I saw your post in this thread. Please hit report so I don't have to go 'searching' for the advertising.

Regards

AyeAye - mod team.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

Thank you AYEAYE. Will do!

This thread has become plagued with more covert ads over time as it has become more popular, but it may also be useful to make other members aware of what may be occurring.

Edited by Dubya_B

A note to contributors to this thread.

I've had a quick look through the last few pages and links to external websites are everywhere. Many of the links I'm sure are included to genuinely pass on useful information, however the rules of this board are strict as far as advertising goes. Therefore, if a link goes to a page that is selling products/e-books or has advertising banners that sell similar etc then it will be deleted.

We of course encourage you to share information in order to help each other through your health issues, however we ask that you think about the type of site you are linking to and whether it is a genuine site for research or a sales website disguised as a blog. For the products that you use and think are beneficial, please just mention the product name. Members can then search out the product themselves.

Regards

AyeAye - Acne.org Moderating Team

1 person likes this

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

I don't want to start a big conversation, but I think it is a little over the top that it is not allowed to have a conversation about brands. For instance different brands use different techniques in producing cod liver oil, to give just one example. The synthetic forms used in Vitamin B Complex supplements vary also a great deal and are for instance worth discussing, I could go on and on.

Edited by Undergroundwellness

I agree. This thread is no longer useful to me, and I will be leaving. Linking is fundamental to providing value on the internet. Congrats to dubya for finally finding a way to destroy the thread.

If you would like to continue what this community once was, PM me. I'll set up our own forum.

All decisions occupy a location on a spectrum from brilliant to abysmally stupid. This moderation decision is somewhere on that spectrum.

Clearly this is a place for empty whingeing and specious pdfs, not concrete solutions.

1 person likes this

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

mods have it tough...

strict rules or human touch?

It seems highly doubtful I would be commenting on this thread for 2+ years without pimping anything out to finally unveil my misgevious plan to make money off of pple's suffering... not a very good return on investment.

My vote is for human touch,

Can't make everybody happy.

I forgot to mention in my recent post mentioning my website that I basically gave up on shit a few months ago and decided to drink and smoke and try not to care about my health problems because I was sick of nobody believing my problems--- "You're young, you look healthy to me" etc...

So, I'm just saying this because it is a testimony for how confident I am in these supplements... I was smoking, drinking, staying out late and one day I started taking these supplements but didn't quit my rockstar lyfestyle and my body became miraculously healed... Hell, I still endulge multiple times a week... Just pop twice the amount of recommended pills and I'm gravy and having fun too. dang.

I take like 20 sp pillz a day.

Anyways, message me w more questions, I am happy to help my fellow troopers!

1 person likes this

I don't want to start a big conversation, but I think it is a little over the top that it is not allowed to have a conversation about brands. For instance different brands use different techniques in producing cod liver oil, to give just one example. The synthetic forms used in Vitamin B Complex supplements vary also a great deal and are for instance worth discussing, I could go on and on.

The moderator didn't say we cannot mention a specific product like Blue Ice for example but we cannot give the link to the web site , at first I didn't

agree with it but when I thought about it and read the disclaimer on acne.org I realized that this is part of the rules of the site so , reluctantly I have

to agree with the rules it's as simple as that , obviously it is due to advertisement restrictions , guys we may have to start our own forum

somewhere else as providing links to helpfully information is very constructive and a positive thing for accutainted victims it's either that or acne.org

changes it's policy's . By the way thanks Dubya_B for $%?ing things up here we had a good thing going.

Edited by gladiatoro
1 person likes this

I was doing some research today after work as I often do and came across a article , it talked about one dermatologist describing Accutane as a

CONTROLLED POISONING and he said that he would never give it out to patients but rather recommend dietary changes , supplements and if

need be a course of antibiotics , quite a progressive derm I would say , seems like things are changing in the dermatology world and they are

finally waking up to the fact that DIET is a major factor on acne prone individuals , the golden goose that is accutane yes people are finally

realizing that it is not a MIRACLE DRUG as no such thing exists , interesting read though. I would describe Accutane as being in a constant

hungover like state with a dose of systemic dehydration thrown in and those would be the mild side effects.

Edited by gladiatoro
1 person likes this

I was doing some research today after work as I often do and came across a article , it talked about one dermatologist describing Accutane as a

CONTROLLED POISONING and he said that he would never give it out to patients but rather recommend dietary changes , supplements and if

need be a course of antibiotics , quite a progressive derm I would say , seems like things are changing in the dermatology world and they are

finally waking up to the fact that DIET is a major factor on acne prone individuals , the golden goose that is accutane yes people are finally

realizing that it is not a MIRACLE DRUG as no such thing exists , interesting read though. I would describe Accutane as being in a constant

hungover like state with a dose of systemic dehydration thrown in and those would be the mild side effects.

It's exactly what it is if you think about it.... it's just giving people toxic amounts of synthetic vitamin A to stop their skin from producing sebum. Accutane's not the only medication thats controlled poisoning, chemotherapy is pumping the body full of toxic drugs in the hope that it'll kill some cancer cells. Calcipotriene is a synthetic toxic form of vitamin D that they give people with psoriasis. The sooner you realise the whole world is insane the better, Einstein said it best - only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former.
1 person likes this

It's exactly what it is if you think about it.... it's just giving people toxic amounts of synthetic vitamin A to stop their skin from producing sebum. Accutane's not the only medication thats controlled poisoning, chemotherapy is pumping the body full of toxic drugs in the hope that it'll kill some cancer cells. Calcipotriene is a synthetic toxic form of vitamin D that they give people with psoriasis. The sooner you realise the whole world is insane the better, Einstein said it best - only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former.

I would go as far as saying that Vitamin A rich cod liver oil would be SAFER on overdosing vs a synthetic drug after all we are dealing with a

Chemothearpy agent , not nice stuff. Yes Chico chemotherapy is given in the hope that it kills the cancer cells BEFORE it KILLS the patient ,

such barbaric treatments the orthodox system has , people will look back in the not too distant future and wonder WTF were these people

thinking , sadly and most often $$$$ is a factor becaue frankly there is no money in nutrition. Orthodox medicine in realtiy is CORRUPT TO THE

CORE and generally does more damage than good with the exeption of treating trama patients and some surgery.

Edited by gladiatoro
1 person likes this

Mentioning brand names is perfectly fine. Including a picture of the product is also fine, but I'm afraid including a link to a website that sells the product is against the board rules.

My derm is dead against accutane, and only ever prescribes it if he's exhausted all other options, but even then reluctantly. He's of the strong opinion that even if his patient doesn't suffer short term problems from the drug, they will most definitely have problems later in life because of the treatment. He says that its only now that longer term study results are coming through in meaningful numbers from people who were prescribed the drug 20 years ago, and he doesn't feel confident that those studies will show that people have led healthy lives post accutane.

2 people like this

"but I'm afraid including a link to a website that sells the product is against the board rules."

Then you are being overzealous in your deletions, because the weston price page that I linked does not sell the supplements, it only specifies which are suitable and why.

Joseph, if I've made a mistake then I sincerely apologise. Please PM the link and I'll take another look and let you know it its ok to re-post. Please keep in mind that if the site has a lot of advertising banners linked to it, then it's also not allowed.

In this thread a lot of links are posted and as a regular reader I'd say more than 90% are to sites that are not selling anything, so we are good.

1 person likes this

http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics

No banners.Only thing they're advertising is their print journal, which every academic journal does too. None of their product links are affiliate.

If it's not ok to post, just ban me, cuz I'm gone.

I have created a website promoting the products that have helped me and I sell most of them at a cheaper price than Amazon...

I cannot post the name of the website here because the last time I tried doing that I was banned for a week.

If you would like more information please send me a private message.

It seems highly doubtful I would be commenting on this thread for 2+ years without pimping anything out to finally unveil my misgevious plan to make money off of pple's suffering... not a very good return on investment.

Wouldn't you agree that promoting and profiting from your own online store aimed at those suffering from long-term side effects of Accutane is the epitome of taking advantage of fellow sufferers?

I would really like to hear your opinion on this.

Edited by Dubya_B

http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics

No banners.Only thing they're advertising is their print journal, which every academic journal does too. None of their product links are affiliate.

If it's not ok to post, just ban me, cuz I'm gone.

The company that produces Blue-Ice brand Cod Liver Oil (Green Pasture) is absolutely an affiliate of the Weston A Price Foundation. The

company is listed as a "platinum" sponsor at the bottom of their official website's main page http://www.westonaprice.org/, as are 2 of the 3

websites rated as the "BEST" sources for the Blue-Ice supplement in the page you linked. (Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure and Radiant Life

are also listed as sponsors on the site's main page.)

If you are a firm believer in the Weston A. Price Foundation's advocated diet and supplement lines, then perhaps starting a new website to discuss overcoming the damage of Accutane in the context of their recommendations isn't such a bad idea.

Edited by Dubya_B

So? Academic journals are funded directly and indirectly by pharmaceutical giants.
Sponsorship != affiliate link.
You might as well say we can't link to the Indy 500 because they have sponsors. Or Youtube videos, because they have ads. Or Google, because it has ads.
Unable to argue the substance, a petty fellow resorts to rules lawyering, in an attempt to shut down speech he does not like.
2 people like this

...Says Marsha Clarke to Johnny Cochran. (see the above post).

The announcers of the Indy 500 also don't tout the smooth ride and superior grip of Firestone tires over other brands as personal experience,

I will call it shameless financial back-scratching if you are unsatisfied with equating affiliation to sponsorship, and remind you the health supplement industry often funds studies of its own products through various organizations as well.

So, to the substance (mostly Fish Liver Oil):

Some logical inquiry is badly needed when a particular supplement containing potentially toxic doses of vitamin A are being repeatedly promoted as innocuous in a forum of people who were badly effected by a drug patterned after the same vitamin. This is in light of a poster saying they reacted similarly to your supplement of choice as they did accutane, and many others claiming ill effects from foods and supplements containing high doses of vitamin A.

Are they being ignored to push a product or agenda?

Maybe it is simply survival of the loudest and most prolific.

On a final note:

I would encourage silent observers of this thread to objectively look into the sources of information relating to any treatment discussed here before purchasing something in a blind leap of desperation.

Some food for thought regarding a couple of the repeatedly cited websites who's links were recently removed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalNews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston_A._Price_Foundation

There were also links to two online stores targeted at Accutane sufferers that were removed.

This article deals with mesothelioma specifically, but lays out some practical cautionary guidelines for people suffering from seemingly uncurable conditions.

http://www.asbestos.com/blog/2012/10/22/avoiding-supplement-scams/

Notice that they mention the efficacy of some natural products. This is not an argument of all natural products and supplements being useless for anything but running scams.

Nor should they be assumed to be harmless. Many have been scientifically proven to be pharmacologically active.

If rational skepticism and inquiry into potential treatments aren't welcome here anymore, then the basis for this thread is lost since it was someone questioning the reported safety of Accutane that led to its creation.

I will take my leave now for a couple weeks, as this arguing has become as useless and repetitive as the idealogical self-promotion.

Edited by Dubya_B