Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

10,048 posts in this topic

Anyone here take a low dose course of accutane (something like 30 20 mg pills over a course of 2 months) and experience any permanent issues, such as skin healing adversely affected? I weigh 125 lbs and I am 5"10 height

Just thought I'd pop back in and update everyone that I have been using supplemental iodine for almost 3 months now and I have had nearly no joint pain, smooth skin, and better hydration (although I still drink tons of water regardless). My thyroid show sup fine on all tests post-tane. Been checked for everything else under the sun so I figured I would try iodine since it's helped others. I think everything has to do with inflammation and hydration to be honest. Iodine helps cells retain moisture and bring fluid to the tissues. My diet blows, and that's when I feel things start to slip. I was doing gluten free which greatly helped, but iodine covers my major symptoms...so if any of you have any severe unexplained joint pain, I would (ask you doctor...laughs) about it. I really hope ot can help some others on here who havn't explored it yet, and yes it's naturally occurring in the body and accutane is implicated in reducing the body's ability to use iodine. go figure! I've also been taking lithium ororate which has vastly improved my mood and helped me to stay focused and reduce my ruminating on symptoms. therapy has also been a major need in my life that I have been putting off but have finally taken seriously and started going regularly. the only problem that still persists is ridiculous shedding of hair (started on rogaine but am concerned about other sides but desperately want my hair back--my understanding is that it is not an anti-androgen but a blood vessel dilator (sure there's some scientific name for this that I'm not retaining...I digress). the MAIN problem I have encountered is bad GUMS. I have the best dental hygiene and teeth known to man, but my gums are receding and I all of a sudden have some pockets and really painful teeth and gums. My jaw bone has also been hurting so I am going to the dentist next week,...sounds like periodontitis from my researching. Came on out of NOWHERE, although i do eat a decent amount of sugar which may trigger it. Anyone have teeth issues that they have been able to manage/resolve post tane? Any help would be awesome.

1 person likes this

scratch that now im reading that rogaine is a mild anti-androgen. WTF! just want something to stimulate hair growth that isn't an anti-androgen. i can feel rogain stimulating my scalp too so frustrating but the fact that im already getting drying effects similar to when i tried saw palmetto i know it's an anti-androgen. GRRRR

Just thought I'd pop back in and update everyone that I have been using supplemental iodine for almost 3 months now and I have had nearly no joint pain, smooth skin, and better hydration (although I still drink tons of water regardless). My thyroid show sup fine on all tests post-tane. Been checked for everything else under the sun so I figured I would try iodine since it's helped others. I think everything has to do with inflammation and hydration to be honest. Iodine helps cells retain moisture and bring fluid to the tissues. My diet blows, and that's when I feel things start to slip. I was doing gluten free which greatly helped, but iodine covers my major symptoms...so if any of you have any severe unexplained joint pain, I would (ask you doctor...laughs) about it. I really hope ot can help some others on here who havn't explored it yet, and yes it's naturally occurring in the body and accutane is implicated in reducing the body's ability to use iodine. go figure! I've also been taking lithium ororate which has vastly improved my mood and helped me to stay focused and reduce my ruminating on symptoms. therapy has also been a major need in my life that I have been putting off but have finally taken seriously and started going regularly. the only problem that still persists is ridiculous shedding of hair (started on rogaine but am concerned about other sides but desperately want my hair back--my understanding is that it is not an anti-androgen but a blood vessel dilator (sure there's some scientific name for this that I'm not retaining...I digress). the MAIN problem I have encountered is bad GUMS. I have the best dental hygiene and teeth known to man, but my gums are receding and I all of a sudden have some pockets and really painful teeth and gums. My jaw bone has also been hurting so I am going to the dentist next week,...sounds like periodontitis from my researching. Came on out of NOWHERE, although i do eat a decent amount of sugar which may trigger it. Anyone have teeth issues that they have been able to manage/resolve post tane? Any help would be awesome.

Good to hear from you again , I told you the lithium orotate would help you really should listen to me and my advice more often , I'm glad your

joint pain is better I had severe back pain for a while not fun it literally ruined my life I couldn't work much due to the pain out of a scale of 1 to 10

it was 11 , no question 100% related to isotretinoin the biggest trigger back then was beer once I reduced that to near nil the back pain

subsided I still get it but no where near to that level I got a xray on my back once and it showed inflammation in my spine I discovered wild oil of

oregano really helps with pain management and overall energy among other things . I still take BAXYL it is good for joint pain and overall

dryness.

The whole rogaine thing not too sure on that , let me know how it works out for you sounds ..........toxic.

Edited by gladiatoro

Thanks Mahweeoh. In my view, if you can maintain high performance then you are healthy.
Tried goat cheese, one bite, total gut meltdown 12 hours later. Ingredients were only goat milk, ferments and coagulant. Supposedly no lactic acid, although it was a soft cheese so maybe sugar content was mislabeled.
Anyone have an idea why goat cheese would trigger but homemade yogurt doesn't?
Anyway, the addition of fiber and polyphasic sleep made it a much smoother meltdown. Wasn't even late for work. So that's quite positive.
ModestMouse, would you please pick a username and stick with it. It's less work for you registering, and less work for us adding to the ignore list.
Whoartthou1, mine was a short low dose course of accutane. Skin's fine (no real change in acne), bowels fucked. I had about 65 pounds of height and muscle on you at that point.
Blue ice is excellent for teeth and gums, MovingOn. Shave your head and move on.
Yeah wtf rogaine -> finasteride -> accutane. 3 hops is too close for my comfort.
I think it's pretty clear that ModestMouse's spastic obsession with anti-androgens is not warranted; it is FOX0 that is the underlying mechanism of Accutane's action, and not everyone's androgen receptors are affected. But, for those already getting androgen sides, taking more of the same is colossally stupid.

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.
Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013.
Regimen summary:
Eat only
1. true free range lean chicken breast (expensive)
2. Lean white-tail shrimp (moderately expensive)
3. Glutinous rice gruel (very cheap)
All ad libitum, minimum 150g shrimp/d.
Supplements:
1. Blue Ice CLO / Butter Oil blend
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
3. Source Naturals Essential enzymes 2x per meal
4. Symbiotics Colostrum ~1/8 scoop per meal
5. Cycled topical testosterone cream
6. Topical ACV, tea tree oil (morning) and benzoyle peroxide 10% (night)
Zeitgeibers:
1. Aim to nap every 3 hours for 20 minutes
2. Match light exposure to sunrise, sunset
3. Match meals to sun

Thanks Mahweeoh. In my view, if you can maintain high performance then you are healthy.
Tried goat cheese, one bite, total gut meltdown 12 hours later. Ingredients were only goat milk, ferments and coagulant. Supposedly no lactic acid, although it was a soft cheese so maybe sugar content was mislabeled.
Anyway, the addition of fiber and polyphasic sleep made it a much smoother meltdown. Wasn't even late for work. So that's quite positive.
ModestMouse, would you please pick a username and stick with it. It's less work for you registering, and less work for us adding to the ignore list.
Whoartthou1, mine was a short low dose course of accutane. Skin's fine (no real change in acne), bowels fucked. I had about 65 pounds of height and muscle on you at that point.
Blue ice is excellent for teeth and gums, MovingOn. Shave your head and move on.
Yeah wtf rogaine -> finasteride -> accutane. 3 hops is too close for my comfort.
I think it's pretty clear that ModestMouse's spastic obsession with anti-androgens is not warranted; it is FOX0 that is the underlying mechanism of Accutane's action, and not everyone's androgen receptors are affected. But, for those already getting androgen sides, taking more of the same is colossally stupid.

So your only symptom is your bowels are messed up? Like loose stool and diarrhea?

Yeah, extreme cramps, gut pain, fatigue, total meltdown if don't eat super strict diet. Unable to work or function in any way.

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~9 years ago for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.
Symptoms: Gradual onset of symptoms, peaking ~5 years ago. Extreme IBS, lost ability to eat almost everything, unable to work for 4 years. IBD diagnosis might've been possible, but avoided doctors and the prescription meds route, going for diet and supplements instead. Thought it was regular IBS, didn't realize it was Accutane until already had avoided the IBD diagnosis. Decided going back to hell just to get the diagnosis wasn't worth it. Regained enough health to work full time around May-June 2013.
Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

An idea? I got a clue: I am not lactose intolerant, the only dairy I consume regularly is plain organic yoghurt. What my body does not tolerate anymore is cheese, doesn't really matter which kind of cheese. I love cheese and used to eat a ton of it. I suspect that I am somewhat intolerant to casein (=cheese). Let me add to avoid confusion. Casein is also in other dairy based products aside from cheese, but just cutting out cheese works for me, otherwise I get bloating, sometimes cramps and acne within hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

Thanks for the update. I have come across iodine time and time again - the famous lugol's solution - and have always been afraid of taking it, because it influences thyroid activity. Recently I saw a video of John Gray in which he talked about how it helps people who are affected by chlorine. I don't tolerate chlorine very well at all, so I am now considering trying it. What supplement do you take, at what dose? Are there any precautions to take, side effects to look out for? I don't want to mess up my thyroid.

Edited by Undergroundwellness

Show me the chemical castrati victims of green tea, and I'll consider your case. Until then, you're just conflating the two functions of androgen receptors.
From Wikipedia:
"The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression;[10] however, the androgen receptor has other functions as well.[11] Androgen regulated genes are critical for the development and maintenance of the male sexual phenotype."
Not everything that antagonizes function 1 also antagonizes function 2. That is your endlessly repeated, boring, ctrl-f study-spamming error. Nobody cares. Go home.
High dose accutane lowered sebum and AR receptors in 6 males. Great. Does not refute that low dose accutane lowered neither in many.
"It has already been acknowledged that isotretinoin affects AR levels; and, FOX01 does interact with the AR, so you are wrong on both counts. "
Affects and interacts with function 1 != antagonizes function 2.
"Foxo1, a downstream molecule that becomes phosphorylated and inactivated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt kinase in response to IGF1 or insulin, suppresses ligand-mediated AR transactivation. Foxo1 reduces androgen-induced AR target gene expressions and suppresses the in vitro growth of prostate cancer cells. These inhibitory effects of Foxo1 are attenuated by IGF1 but are enhanced when it is rendered Akt-nonphosphorylatable. "
Curing prostate cancer does not support your case against green tea.
The Chinese have a saying to which the last couple decades of economic miracle can be directly attributed: "No matter black cat white cat, can catch mouse, good cat."
1 person likes this

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

What exactly is Blue Ice before I try something else that will just hurt me?

An idea? I got a clue: I am not lactose intolerant, the only dairy I consume regularly is plain organic yoghurt. What my body does not tolerate anymore is cheese, doesn't really matter which kind of cheese. I love cheese and used to eat a ton of it. I suspect that I am somewhat intolerant to casein (=cheese). Let me add to avoid confusion. Casein is also in other dairy based products aside from cheese, but just cutting out cheese works for me, otherwise I get bloating, sometimes cramps and acne within hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

>Just thought I'd pop back in and update everyone that I have been using supplemental iodine for almost 3 months now and I have had nearly no joint pain, smooth skin, and better hydration (although I still drink tons of water regardless). My thyroid show sup fine on all tests post-tane. Been checked for everything else under the sun so I figured I would try iodine since it's helped others. I think everything has to do with inflammation and hydration to be honest. Iodine helps cells retain moisture and bring fluid to the tissues. My diet blows, and that's when I feel things start to slip. I was doing gluten free which greatly helped, but iodine covers my major symptoms...so if any of you have any severe unexplained joint pain, I would (ask you doctor...laughs) about it. I really hope ot can help some others on here who havn't explored it yet, and yes it's naturally occurring in the body and accutane is implicated in reducing the body's ability to use iodine. go figure! I've also been taking lithium ororate which has vastly improved my mood and helped me to stay focused and reduce my ruminating on symptoms. therapy has also been a major need in my life that I have been putting off but have finally taken seriously and started going regularly. the only problem that still persists is ridiculous shedding of hair (started on rogaine but am concerned about other sides but desperately want my hair back--my understanding is that it is not an anti-androgen but a blood vessel dilator (sure there's some scientific name for this that I'm not retaining...I digress). the MAIN problem I have encountered is bad GUMS. I have the best dental hygiene and teeth known to man, but my gums are receding and I all of a sudden have some pockets and really painful teeth and gums. My jaw bone has also been hurting so I am going to the dentist next week,...sounds like periodontitis from my researching. Came on out of NOWHERE, although i do eat a decent amount of sugar which may trigger it. Anyone have teeth issues that they have been able to manage/resolve post tane? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks for the update. I have come across iodine time and time again - the famous lugol's solution - and have always been afraid of taking it, because it influences thyroid activity. Recently I saw a video of John Gray in which he talked about how it helps people who are affected by chlorine. I don't tolerate chlorine very well at all, so I am now considering trying it. What supplement do you take, at what dose? Are there any precautions to take, side effects to look out for? I don't want to mess up my thyroid.

I take Biotics Iodine. Bought it on Amazon, liked the reviews. I started with one drop and increased as my body saw fit. I take probably close to 1g per day now. Instantly lubricated joints...thyroid was definitely damaged but in such a way that it doesn't show up in my blood. go figure. Sides I got at first were a little bit similar to an anxiety attack but i just backed off a bit and that went away FOR ME. other than that, you may feel something similar to cold symptoms, it gets mucus flowing down your sinuses into back of throat...drink tons of water. It helps my energy so much! can't even explain it. life changer for me. No other bad side effects for me and I've been on it for 3 months, and i tried it for a stint of 2 weeks a while back but stopped because i was scared too! :)

1 person likes this

A little info on Blue Ice and plain old cod liver oil , Haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted to do so however in the summer I get lots of sun exposure

from outside work so I think I'll wait until fall my vitamin D levels I'm sure are high right now , no need to overdose on that right now lol.

http://www.naturalnews.com/017590_oil_liver_cod.html

http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/product/fermented-cod-liver-oil/superfoods-supplements

Edited by gladiatoro

How would this be beneficial? I eat anything with vitamin A in it and i wither away. That would kill me.

How would this be beneficial? I eat anything with vitamin A in it and i wither away. That would kill me.

Perhaps Joseph can elaborate on Blue Ice a bit more he has been taking it , Blue Ice isn't your run of the mill Cod Liver oil that much I

have gathered. It's more a premium old school method of extraction mixed with high end pure butter so a solid mixture of vit A and D in a

natural state. There is no question the stuff is good but BUT how does it interact with isotretinoin??????

Edited by gladiatoro

Blue Ice is the miracle for me, plus acacia fiber, for lvl 5. UDCA was basically the miracle for lvl's 3-4, along with diet, portion control etc.

I'm testing doubling my dose, spaced out one morning one evening. Seeing how that interacts with polyphasic sleep.

I wouldn't live without it at this point.

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

From Wikipedia:
"The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression;[10] however, the androgen receptor has other functions as well.[11] Androgen regulated genes are critical for the development and maintenance of the male sexual phenotype."
Not everything that antagonizes function 1 also antagonizes function 2. That is your endlessly repeated, boring, ctrl-f study-spamming error. Nobody cares. Go home.

Ba dum-bum ba da dum. Oh look, Joey has managed to confuse himself, AGAIN.

The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression;[10] however, the androgen receptor has other functions as well.[11] Androgen regulated genes are critical for the development and maintenance of the male sexual phenotype.

So, let me be clear: interfering with all of the above is bad. Inhibiting AR-DNA interactions and inhibiting androgen regulated genes that maintain the male sexual phenotype leads to what both Accutane and Finasteride victims are experiencing. If Foxo1 interferes with AR-DNA interactions then crucial gene regulation cannot occur, and that is BAD. If there is no function 1 there will be no function 2 you incompetent.

In order to gain access to the other functions of the androgen receptor, you need to read the article attached to footnote 11, silly. You can read about the physiological effect of nongenomic androgen action at your leisure. You can misinterpret that too

Everyone has had enough of your showy pretenses; and, I do not want to hear about the Chinese people’s penchant for cats and your admiration of said penchant. MovingOn, because you are not dealing with hypervitaminosis A you can take some Blue Ice, but long-term administration of that or UDCA is a very bad idea. More importantly, neither one will cure anything.

I will not be responding to any more deluded responses from you.

Of course you're moving on. One doesn't leave a dead mouse in the trap to stink up the place.
I have no problem with those suffering from severe male sides obsessively focusing on androgen receptors. I think they might benefit from a more holistic approach, but I fully acknowledge theirs is a hard problem which I am very glad I do not have to solve. So I am content to leave them to it, figuring that they know best. And I am happy to take what is cross-applicable from their findings.
Meanwhile, I obsessively focus on the gut. But I've learned not to insist that my gut specific solutions, such as extreme elimination diet, are universally required.
As the Fox0 paper makes clear, Accutane can do lots of different things, and what it does is unpredictable and selective for each individual case. Androgen receptors are only one of several things that can go wrong. So while it MIGHT be justifiable to warn away androgen cripples from green tea, it is ludicrous to insist that the general accutainted population must do so.
The only real thing that exists for this community is cure case studies. Everything else is speculation. I am delivering; you are not.
It is absurd to suggest that I am not dealing with an Accutane side effect, since it is IBD, not chemical castration, that was the side effect that forced Roche to pull it off the market. You consistently oppose things that work very well, and (as far as I know) none of your dire predictions have ever materialized. That is why people try my ideas and ignore yours.
The fact that you have to create a new user name each time to even get people to read your posts should tell you exactly how valued your contributions are.
Edited by JosephBuchignani
1 person likes this

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

I'm glad Blue Ice has helped you and thanks for the info...but I am completely vitamin a intolerant no matter what form. I'd be careful but i hope it continues to work for you.

2 people like this

That's interesting and corroborates what Chico says. You guys should compare notes.

Can you elaborate on how you're sure that vit A slays you?

I guess we all just have idiosyncratic things we have to avoid. Very obnoxious from a community cure together info pooling standpoint. Where's the fucking central line of attack, dammit.

If it's just massive individual self tracking and experimentation combined with heavy intelligent reading, that's disappointing, but I can accept.

Regimen summary:
Eat only
Supplements:
2. Udca ~1-3g /d
Zeitgeibers:
3. Match meals to sun

That's interesting and corroborates what Chico says. You guys should compare notes.

Can you elaborate on how you're sure that vit A slays you?

I guess we all just have idiosyncratic things we have to avoid. Very obnoxious from a community cure together info pooling standpoint. Where's the fucking central line of attack, dammit.

If it's just massive individual self tracking and experimentation combined with heavy intelligent reading, that's disappointing, but I can accept.

People react very differently that is one reason why conventional modern medicine does more harm than good. I am lucky to be on your team, pretty much everything that works for you works for me.

Assuming it also works the other way you should try high dose 80% Silymarin, works great for me. Take about 2-3g daily spread throughout the day. My body weight is around 185 pounds, so you can adjust your dose accordingly. Be careful to get a good Silymarin supplement. Currently I am taking the one from bulkpowders, but for instance still have half a bottle from Now Foods in my closet and it does not work at all, gives me nothing but headaches. Silymarin is part of the Curing Courtney protocol, which I am trying to fully implement over time. In the book they recommend Silymarin from Biotech Pharmacal.

Edited by Undergroundwellness
2 people like this

I have said it a million times I can't ingest vit A enriched foods/ carrots and broccoli slay me and that's beta! There's quite a few suffers old and new who had those issues! Then there's some who don't! Be careful though the true test will be after a few months! Good luck Joseph

2 people like this

The secret of health for both mind & body

is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.

The Buddha

yah I just remember from reading Patti Lodes story that she seriously harmed herself more from the cod liver oil, so just be careful and go slowly. you guys should really look into iodine tho! cant say enough good about it. if you have gut issues MAKE SURE to take a good probiotic or you aren't helping anything. until there is goo bacteria down there, everything else is a waste in terms of what you put in your body. this is something ive observed. others may be different.

*good haha

1 person likes this

A study reported in Phytomedicne investigated the comparative effects of carvacrol in the liver of rats subjected to restricted blood supply and the

restoration of blood flow to the organs and tissues following a period of time. They found that carvacrol ws able to protect the liver against defects

caused by the event. They also found carvacrol to be non-hepatotoxic at the applied doses.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/024685_oregano_oil_of.html#ixzz2aDmhb35u

Edited by gladiatoro

Hey all,

Just came across this forum a few days ago after feeling like hell for the last year or so... no explenation or disorders found after 40+ trips to the doctors etc. Now i'm convinced that this is all stemming from a course on our favorite drug Accutane. 3 weeks in and I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme vertigo and nausea which sent me to the ER. Now i'm left with constant nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, nagging muscle and joint pains (particularly lower back, neck, knees), etc.

There are a few symptoms however that have me baffled and im wondering if any of you have experienced them.

1. Weird fatigue that moves and comes out of nowhere- For example I will be sitting around and all of a sudden my tongue becomes pained and fatigued (almost like it just ran a marathon) and then the feeling moves into my jaw etc. Particularly annoying is when this is sitting in my neck or under my jaw. There is a tightness that is so damned annoying when it happens.

2. Sometimes I wake up and my neck and spine have this wierd "hollow" feeling (not sure how else to explain it).

3. My throat is usually sore to varying degrees but some days I wake up with this strange taste in my mouth (almost metallic)

4. Every single one of these symptoms comes and goes in waves with no explenation or trigger that I have been able to find. Do your symptoms come and go as well?

I've lost about 30 lbs in the last year because ive been playing with my diet so much trying to find out if there are trigger foods etc. (its obvious my digestive system was hit) the fatigue and weakness also kept me out of the gym. FYI this isnt good as I was thin to begin with... 6'2 and fell from 178 to about 150.

I've been on a Palio diet for the last couple of months and im going to try the Iodine soon... nothing else I have tried has done a damn thing. Also, after gastro, neuro, rhumy, hemo, ent, and psych, I am finally seeing an Endocrinologist in a few weeks. I am going to request a FULL workup on my homone levels etc. There is no way that every test can keep coming back normal. Doc's are literally all starting to tell me this shit is in my head... the irony is that I am a pre-med student.

Anyhow, if any of you have these same wierd symptoms can you give a shout out?

Thanks guys (an gals)

Clancybenjamin

3 people like this

Hey all,

Just came across this forum a few days ago after feeling like hell for the last year or so... no explenation or disorders found after 40+ trips to the doctors etc. Now i'm convinced that this is all stemming from a course on our favorite drug Accutane. 3 weeks in and I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme vertigo and nausea which sent me to the ER. Now i'm left with constant nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, nagging muscle and joint pains (particularly lower back, neck, knees), etc.

There are a few symptoms however that have me baffled and im wondering if any of you have experienced them.

1. Weird fatigue that moves and comes out of nowhere- For example I will be sitting around and all of a sudden my tongue becomes pained and fatigued (almost like it just ran a marathon) and then the feeling moves into my jaw etc. Particularly annoying is when this is sitting in my neck or under my jaw. There is a tightness that is so damned annoying when it happens.

2. Sometimes I wake up and my neck and spine have this wierd "hollow" feeling (not sure how else to explain it).

3. My throat is usually sore to varying degrees but some days I wake up with this strange taste in my mouth (almost metallic)

4. Every single one of these symptoms comes and goes in waves with no explenation or trigger that I have been able to find. Do your symptoms come and go as well?

I've lost about 30 lbs in the last year because ive been playing with my diet so much trying to find out if there are trigger foods etc. (its obvious my digestive system was hit) the fatigue and weakness also kept me out of the gym. FYI this isnt good as I was thin to begin with... 6'2 and fell from 178 to about 150.

I've been on a Palio diet for the last couple of months and im going to try the Iodine soon... nothing else I have tried has done a damn thing. Also, after gastro, neuro, rhumy, hemo, ent, and psych, I am finally seeing an Endocrinologist in a few weeks. I am going to request a FULL workup on my homone levels etc. There is no way that every test can keep coming back normal. Doc's are literally all starting to tell me this shit is in my head... the irony is that I am a pre-med student.

Anyhow, if any of you have these same wierd symptoms can you give a shout out?

Thanks guys (an gals)

Clancybenjamin

Welcome on board. All these years I was waiting to come across a tane vicitim who is actually from the field of medicine. My expectations are high.

I am also interested in iodine, if you know anything worth sharing please share it with us.