IndigoRush

Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

10,984 posts in this topic

I appreciate you making my point even clearer. There is definitely no hypervitaminosis A at work.

could I try blue ice cod liver then, or is there any difference?

Guys stop being fuckwitts and focus on the goal of the thread, if you want to bicker...please just privet message each other...no one cares and honestly you're really just deterring people from the forum.

1 person likes this

Guys stop being fuckwitts and focus on the goal of the thread, if you want to bicker...please just privet message each other...no one cares and honestly you're really just deterring people from the forum.

Totally agree and thats not aimed at Joseph because some of his content can be quite informative, it's more so Camaro seeing that he's diluted this thread with countless petty squabbles. It's affected the content and he needs to pack it in.

Hi, formerly (still) irrelevant man; please proceed somewhere else. I am sure your family is really proud.

Totally agree and thats not aimed at Joseph because some of his content can be quite informative, it's more so Camaro seeing that he's diluted this thread with countless petty squabbles. It's affected the content and he needs to pack it in.

Your moronic simplifications needed to be pointed out; I'm sorry you feel so strongly. You have said the dumbest things I have seen on this thread (DHT inhibition irrelevant; retinol ingestion causes massive retinoic acid release). What have you achieved in the past year on this forum?

I appreciate you making my point even clearer. There is definitely no hypervitaminosis A at work.

could I try blue ice cod liver then, or is there any difference?

You sure can sir; tell, Chico to keep avoiding the egg isle at his local grocery store. I am sure that it takes all he has to accomplish. I almost forgot; he needs to avoid the biscuit isle too.

Edited by camaroz28

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

Thus spoke Joseph Buchignani.

There is a major difference between blue ice fermented cod liver oil vs blue ice fermented cod liver oil with grass fed butter oil. Dr. Western Price and subsequent testing by the Western Price Foundation found that the cod is much more effective when combined with butter oil. You are only getting the K2 from the butter oil. See here: http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics
If you don't want to hear someone, I recommend using the ignore function, which is in your profile area.
Edited by JosephBuchignani

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

There is a major difference between blue ice fermented cod liver oil vs blue ice fermented cod liver oil with grass fed butter oil. Dr. Western Price and subsequent testing by the Western Price Foundation found that the cod is much more effective when combined with butter oil. You are only getting the K2 from the butter oil. See here: http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics
If you don't want to hear someone, I recommend using the ignore function, which is in your profile area.

I see, I actually also meant the one with butter oil. (green pasture)

"fat-soluble vitamin A naturally found in foods like cod liver oil, liver, and butterfat is safe at up to ten times the doses of water-soluble"

I see, I actually also meant the one with butter oil. (green pasture)

"fat-soluble vitamin A naturally found in foods like cod liver oil, liver, and butterfat is safe at up to ten times the doses of water-soluble"

Joey was in a state when he attempted to unravel your attempted meaning. I will PM you later this evening.

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

Thus spoke Joseph Buchignani.

You know the afterlife isn't that bad. Navile, just take it at the recommended dosage; ignore the comparisons to water-soluble vitamin A.

Researchers have succeeded in creating water-soluble forms of vitamin A, which they believed could reduce the potential for toxicity.[58] However, a 2003 study found water-soluble vitamin A was approximately 10 times as toxic as fat-soluble vitamin.[

I'm not going to lower myself to your level camaroz with these ad hominem attacks, but you did raise one point worth retort and that was the fact i devalue the role of dht inhibitors in post accutane problems. I never said that, or if i did i certainly didn't mean too in that context. Dht inhibitors can be problematic for those with post accutane HAIR LOSS, but for other side effects it really isn't a relevant factor.

Just came across the following supplement which is mentioned on some BB message boards as being superior to Liv.52. Liv.52 is the supplement which in combination with the other supps I am currently taking has allowed me to avoid withdrawl symptoms after getting off UDCA.

http://www.synthetek.com/products/synthergine-liver-protectant/

ingredients:

Arginine HCL – Arginine is required for proper elimination of urea from the body. This occurs through a critical metabolic cycle which detoxifies the body of nitrogen compounds that are manufactured in the liver or by intestinal bacteria action. Subtle impairments of the liver’s function can often lead to subclinical symptoms of hyperammonemia, which is the condition of poor excretion of urea. Symptoms of hyperammonemia may include chronic fatigue, headache, irritability, occasional diarrhea or nausea, lack of concentration, mental confusion, and intolerance to various foods, particularly high-protein foods.

Sodium Glucuronate – is a nutritional substance used by the liver to bind to toxins (excess hormones, food additives, cigarette smoke, etc.) and eliminate them from the system. Of all the chemical reactions taking place in the liver cell, the elimination of toxic substances via glucuronate binding is considered the most important. Clinical studies have shown glucuronate supplementation can improve liver function considerably because it reduces stress on the liver and enhances the organ’s ability to detoxify.

Di-isopropylamine Dichloroacetate (DADA) – is a peripheral and cerebral arteriole vasodilator. DADA assists in hepatic detoxification of heavy metals, nitrites, and organophosphates. DADA provides muscular and hepatic system support in athletic animals, especially during the stress of training and hard physical work, and in the presence of high energy diets. DADA is a potent peripheral and cerebral arteriole vasodilator, and assists in the hepatic detoxification of a number of metallic and chemical metabolites including intoxication by heavy metals, nitrites and organophosphates.

Lysine HCL – one of the 8 essential amino acids. It improves immune system function and it helps tissues regenerate themselves after damage (such as liver tissue after toxin damage)

Methionine HCL – an essential, sulfur-containing amino acid. It is the source of sulfur for numerous compounds in the body, including the amino acids cysteine and taurine. The body uses sulfur to influence hair follicles and promote healthy hair, skin, and nail growth. Sulfur also increases the liver’s production of lecithin (which reduces cholesterol), reduces liver fat, protects the kidneys, helps the body to excrete heavy metals, and reduces bladder irritation by regulating the formation of ammonia in the urine. Methionine is a lipotropic – a nutrient that helps prevent fat accumulation in the liver, and usually helps detoxify metabolic wastes and toxins.

Edited by Undergroundwellness

I am so glad we were warned about UDCA; I guess, I should change my name. I am trying to taper down slowly.

Edited by UDCA

I am so glad we were warned about UDCA; I guess, I should change my name. I am trying to taper down slowly.

To be honest, I am still not 100% convinced that the concept of UDCA is bad.

Maybe pharma has just to go back to the lab to engineer a synthetic bile that is safer, because the idea of supplementing bile, that is, bear bile is actually coming from TMC. Bear bile has historically been used as an ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine. The traditional way to acquire bear bile was to kill a wild animal and remove its gall bladder. My mom was cured of having to use certain pharmaceuticals for the rest of her life after a 18 months treatment with TMC, so I think highly of it. UDCA was working for me, left me with some lasting health gains and it showed me where I can take my health as I did experience some withdrawl after getting off it the first time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_bear

As far as I can tell, the cases where UDCA is dangerous are cases where any bile is dangerous - which is a problem since the body produces bile with or without supplementation.

Interesting liver supp, thanks.

No significant changes to report. My stomach/bowels are still A+. Trying to eliminate the polyphasic 1am-6am zombie mode. Might dose Blue Ice twice a day to see if that helps. When I finish ironing that out I'll test the rest of the iherb order. Overeating issue from fatigue is gone after adjusting to acacia fiber. DO ramp it up carefully, like the package says. Actually experienced constipation for the first time... ever? Clearly taking probiotics without fiber prebiotics was plain idiocy. What can I say, insoluble veggie fiber's painful results scared me off.

Now if I can just be Limitless round the clock, I'll be satisfied...

1 person likes this

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/damage-control-by-lgi-supplements/

This liver supp looks interesting, it has NAC which increases sulfation and glutathione conjugation, CoQ10 which is a powerful fat soluble antioxidant, Alpha lipoic acid which is both a fat soluble and water soluble antioxidant that protects cells and the liver from damage. Hawthorn berry for the circulation system and heart health, celery seed for the kidneys, saw palmetto just for cameroz, Quercetin which is a powerful flavonoid. Same-e which increases the methylation pathway in the liver, bupleurum powder which is a very bitter herb that increases bile flow substantially...it's actually one of the two ingredients in chinese bitters alongside gentian. The last ingredient is TUDCA which protects against glucuronidation induced cholestasis. So all round liver protection and it's well dosed.

Edited by Chico Esposito
2 people like this

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/damage-control-by-lgi-supplements/

This liver supp looks interesting, it has NAC which increases sulfation and glutathione conjugation, CoQ10 which is a powerful fat soluble antioxidant, Alpha lipoic acid which is both a fat soluble and water soluble antioxidant that protects cells and the liver from damage. Hawthorn berry for the circulation system and heart health, celery seed for the kidneys, saw palmetto just for cameroz, Quercetin which is a powerful flavonoid. Same-e which increases the methylation pathway in the liver, bupleurum powder which is a very bitter herb that increases bile flow substantially...it's actually one of the two ingredients in chinese bitters alongside gentian. The last ingredient is TUDCA which protects against glucuronidation induced cholestasis. So all round liver protection and it's well dosed.

I really like your approach to this problem. You know Chico, I don't think Cam. can see this eye-watering content anymore. I think he respected most of the people here and he appreciated their plight. I have spent a lot of time here anonymously, and I know you guys quite well. If I were to hazard a guess; I'd say he felt most of the people here were fine, but, perhaps a couple of the more prolific posters should have spent more time devoted to their pantomime street artistry. I really couldn't help myself, I just had to have a mousey profile pic.

Cameroz can you post on your main account please? This UDCA thing isn't fooling anyone.

Edited by Chico Esposito

Hahaha, only you Chico could attempt to claim credit for the lifting of the thin veil on the OBVIOUS hints that I, in fact, lifted. You know my next clue was going to be a hard-boiled egg. I will leave you guys in peace; I really needed to be banned. My last instance of hysterics was induced by Underground (sorry bro), when he claimed that perhaps pharma could improve UDCA for us. I have had too much chicken lately, but, I can't promise I will not get a hankering again in the very distant future; as I similarly, can't promise that the farmer won't turn a blind eye to the fox in the chikcen coop, AGAIN.

This thread has become pretty useless for most of us because of the trolls and doesn't seem to be going anywhere to be honest.

This thread has become pretty useless for most of us because of the trolls and doesn't seem to be going anywhere to be honest.

I disagree, I have made great progress the past two months thanks to this thread. At least one other person is progressing too.

Ever thought about certain folks having an interest to close down this thread???

Also I don't really know what you are doing on this thread, it appears that you actually can't wait to get on accutane:

1 person likes this

I disagree, I have made great progress the past two months thanks to this thread. At least one other person is progressing too.

Ever thought about certain folks having an interest to close down this thread???

Also I don't really know what you are doing on this thread, it appears that you actually can't wait to get on accutane:

I'm glad you're progressing, but I'm on this thread to learn both sides. Some of the posts just seem to ramble and shoot random comments. Other people who haven't been on Accutane have come to learn from this thread as well. I've been studying Accutane for a while now and this site has ( more or less ) been very useful to see the positives and negatives of it. I've held off on Accutane for a while in an attempt to try to find the "root" cause, but I have wasted so much time doing so and doctors are quite slow. I've been at this for a long time. I'm asking questions, but still waiting and hesitating to take something like this if there's an option to fix myself.

I'm glad you're progressing, but I'm on this thread to learn both sides. Some of the posts just seem to ramble and shoot random comments. Other people who haven't been on Accutane have come to learn from this thread as well. I've been studying Accutane for a while now and this site has ( more or less ) been very useful to see the positives and negatives of it. I've held off on Accutane for a while in an attempt to try to find the "root" cause, but I have wasted so much time doing so and doctors are quite slow. I've been at this for a long time. I'm asking questions, but still waiting and hesitating to take something like this if there's an option to fix myself.

Get off gluten (better even all overly starchy foods), sugars. Reduce inflammation in your body and boost your body's ability to recover and heal itself. Increasing the speed at which wound healing occurs takes you a long way. The root cause will be some combination of hormone and immune system imbalance due to genetics, environmental polutants such as heavy metals and pesticides, eating the wrong foods etc.

You could do all that Mahweoh, or you could just take Blue Ice, which gives the same effect as Accutane - vit A skin clearing - without the chemotherapy sides.

If that isn't useful information, I don't know what is.

1 person likes this