IndigoRush

Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

11,018 posts in this topic

Edited by MovingOn

I dont have 9 grand. I would be getting myself into massive debt.

Stef - Theres a before and after folder in my profile.

Chemo skin reactions explained: http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/side-effects/skin-reactions.aspx

Basically, we in a nutshell.

Thanks for the brutal honesty Joseph :( , yeah I know Ive lost my looks since accutane, Its because my hair is destroyed, and my skin is ruined from cellular dehydration.

I do not look like the person I was 12 mnths ago - Thats not because of sugar, its because accutane has dried me out like an old boot.

Pre all this I lived on alot of the same foods but I have a sweet tooth.

I just dont see the point in depriving my body of anything it needs to try and heal itself. Cannabis oil is not going to fix the dried out skin or hair issues, I need to kick start my cell division into working again.

@Livetoregret: You may be wrong about THC oil. I've read it can heal radiation burns.

Source: http://phoenixtears.ca/ (sorry, this is antedoctal may not be "scientific irrifutable evidence" - but still to be considered.)

At a minimum, it would relax you and relieve your pain. But I understand it's extremely hard to get - unless maybe you become a medical tourist and venture to places (e.g. Netherlands) where it's available.

Im pretty doubtful that smoking something is going to alleviate the issues associated with dried out skin, hair and hairloss...

I made some hash oil and all that did was the usual THC effect.

Speaking of colostrum though we should all be taking this one: http://colostrummax.com/

One more thing I feel obligated to add...I mentioned in a previous post that I'm currently on a nutritional balancing program based on a hair mineral test analysis. This program has done wonders for my skin and hair & energy levels. For awhile, post accutane, my hair was falling out in globs - very similar to those photos Livetoregret posted - I was afraid I was going bald. Fortnuately hair loss has slowed and my hair has returned to its silky ,shiny black mane. Skin is flawless now, better than it was before accutane (if you can believe that.) Unfortunately, my internal more serious issue remains but I am hoping this too will improve with time - if not I know what my alternatives are.

If you're interested in nutritional balancing here's some links:

http://www.holistic-back-relief.com/hair-analysis.html - my nutritionalist's website.

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/NUT.%20BAL%20INTRO.htm - about Nutritional Balancing.

http://drlwilson.com/do%20hair%20analysis.htm - list of practitioners (international too!)

I will be upfront and say that the hair mineral analysis test & consultation was $170 and the recommended supplements usually range around $100 a month. But it's a less expensive alternative to 9 grand stem cell therapy if you're patient & follow the program :)

Thanks to Stefan for this, you posted a video long time ago gave me this idea to try!

Livetoregret, I'm being honest with you because I think you are a good person, but you are being lazy and defeatist. You reject easy ideas without trying them. Who cares what you think will work? You didn't think Accutane would destroy your body and it did, so obviously you are not omniscient.

I have no option but to innovate. If I don't, I suffer excrutiating pain daily that threatens my will to live. There is no mercy in pain, there is only what works and what doesn't. If you don't experiment, you will never learn, and pain will keep you forever.

Also, you are not that bad looking now, although you were extremely pretty before. So I think diet is a factor in your depression and inertia. Your vegan fruity whatever diet is killing you.

I refuse to die, and I refuse to quit. When the pain gets too loud, I stop moving, but I know that it will recede, and then I will get up again. You must do this many times if you want to win.

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Livetoregret, I'm being honest with you because I think you are a good person, but you are being lazy and defeatist. You reject easy ideas without trying them. Who cares what you think will work? You didn't think Accutane would destroy your body and it did, so obviously you are not omniscient.

I have no option but to innovate. If I don't, I suffer excrutiating pain daily that threatens my will to live. There is no mercy in pain, there is only what works and what doesn't. If you don't experiment, you will never learn, and pain will keep you forever.

Also, you are not that bad looking now, although you were extremely pretty before. So I think diet is a factor in your depression and inertia. Your vegan fruity whatever diet is killing you.

I refuse to die, and I refuse to quit. When the pain gets too loud, I stop moving, but I know that it will recede, and then I will get up again. You must do this many times if you want to win.

Thanks Joseph, I know its true and its hard to face every day.

I have watched myself look like a different person in such a short period of time due to this drug and its been nothing short of completely traumatizing.

I know you are right and I am so desperate at this stage I would do anything, but everything has turned out to be a dead end for me and it makes me want to give up I feel as though I have no hope at ever having my normal life again.

I dont have a vegan diet, I eat meat nearly every day, I used to not eat all day - I only ate one meal a day at dinner time.Meat, Veg, salad etc. I always restricted myself and rarely ate before 6pm before all this. But always healthy choices.

I only eat fruit through the day now to bolster vitamins and minerals, I dont feel I have benefited anything

The only things Ive been dicey on trying are fasting & cannabis oil at this point. I already smoke each day to manage pain and over time its made me more and more lethargic and Im sure contributed to my depression obviously.

I'll do a 2 day fast strictly just taking in only water over the weekend and i'll report back on Monday

Atta girl. I think you're tough.
Just do a 24 hour fast, 48 is harder. I hope it reveals a major problem in your diet, that would be an easy fix.
Yes, smoking weed can contribute to a decline, although it's great for pain.

Accutane - Brief low-dose course ~2004 for ~4 months. Liver monitored, no sides.

10 years of IBD debilitation followed.  Symptoms: Fatigue, severe IBS-D, gradually shrinking diet, insomnia, depression.  No indication of anything medically wrong.  Took up smoking handrolled tobacco to improve focus at work.  Tried tons of IBS remedies and strategies, to no avail.

A fecal calprotectin test finally revealed the problem - I scored off the scale.  I researched that angle, found LDN, took it for a month or two, and abruptly recovered in March-April 2016.  

I went from being able to eat almost nothing (3 ingredient elimination diet) to being able to eat most things.  Gained back my lost weight (~30 lbs below healthy).  Was able to quit smoking thanks to cessation of chronic pain and fatigue.  

You can get LDN from LDNconsult.com for $2-300 in 1-3 weeks total.  Titrate the dose upwards gradually for at least a month and don't expect results until full strength.  The main side effect is disrupted sleep from too-rapid titration.  It's super safe and should be OTC.  It deepens REM sleep (vivid dreams) and reduces inflammation.  See http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Atta girl. I think you're tough.
Just do a 24 hour fast, 48 is harder. I hope it reveals a major problem in your diet, that would be an easy fix.
Yes, smoking weed can contribute to a decline, although it's great for pain.

No one is suggesting smoking weed will help. Eating "rick simpson oil" is what accutaneispoison says cured him.

Okay, L-T-R (LiveToRegret, Not LeftToRight)..

I've had a look at your pictures.

I'm always honest, so will be here...

You can tell a difference, but you don't look nearly as bad as I thought you would from how you've said.

You still have a lot of hair from what I can see, though I know it won't be in the healthy state it was prior to all of this.

At first, I did think your skin perhaps looked quite aged, but then I assumed you were in your early twenties like me.

At 31, I don't think you look too bad.

Take solace in what I'm saying, because I'm sure you're very hard on yourself.

I'm not pretending your skin looks how it should.

Clearly you're body is suffering somehow... But I really would advise against getting into debt.

If there was a very high chance of recovery from stem cells, I'd say Yeahhhh, do it.

But who know's if that'd really help?

You look exhausted in your recent pictures.

Under your eyes mostly.

Do you get much sleep/rest?

Stress will obviously worsen this.

I'm sure you've tried an array of products, but aloe vera is such lovely stuff, I think that's the best you could use right now (meaning Aloe Vera gel).

Internally, it could help to reduce inflammation.

You still need to keep a fighting attitude.

You're living in fear because you've lost so much already.. You've lost faith in the World and don't really expect anything to help you.

I'm sure this is mainly because you've searched the Internet and realised there are many in the same boat and not too many shouting about cure's.

But, we will get through this.

Doesn't matter how, or when, we just will.

Listen to anything positive; don't pay attention to the negative stories.

A reminder - I used to spend hours trying to put 2 + 2 together, but I never found anything and became so much more frustrated because of it.

I read all the terrifying stories about people who developed problems years after stopping the drug.

Someone in their 20's dropped dead to a heart problem and their parent was claiming Accutane was the cause.

But it got to the tipping point where I'd read enough horror stories.

The shock value in them was gone for me.

Gradually I stopped looking for reasons to talk about this drug because I realised nobody wanted anything to do with me when I was depressed and feeling sorry for myself. At first, people are sympathetic, but then they just lost interest in you.

That can be the hardest part of depression - loneliness.

But, I used that as motivation because I didn't want to be 'that' person.

There might be a voice in your head while you read this saying 'Indigo doesn't know. He got off lightly with this drug. I don't want this advice. It's bullshit. I can't be positive when I look like this now.'

Maybe I got off lightly compared to some people in here, but Man, I've been to some dark places in the last several years.

I still have days where I want to kill myself.

But I have improved.

Why?

Mainly because I realised life is a bit of a bitch, for everyone who's given the chance to live.

This problem I have might suck at times, but another me in a parallel universe has just watched their Mother die of Cancer.

Another me is starving for food and wondering what difference it makes because they're just going to be hungry again after that. They have no education or future.

Another me has to deal with the trauma of being abused as a child. His Mother is an alcoholic and his Father is in prison for murder.

You get the point!!

The more you fight against what's happening, the more resistance and the more stress.

Acceptance is hard. But necessary.

(Once again, I don't mean you accept this for the rest of your life, just as your current reality. It's about realising you can't control everything that goes on, and realising that your body doesn't need any further obstacles, so get out of the way of yourself and do your best to survive each day, finding a purpose for yourself).

Since starting College, I've been happier more days.

When I was working full-time in an office job, all I could think was 'This can't be it, surely. This can't be why I'm alive'.

I'm a deep thinker like that. Others are happy to do whatever and just get drunk and have a good time at the weekends.

I wrote a couple of new songs yesterday and today am off to do the interview with that journalist... well, I think she was mentioned in here.

She's just a student at the moment but wants to talk to me about Accutane. Why not hey?

I'm in the studio recording a new song at the weekend and have a job interview soon, even if it is for somewhere way out of my comfort zone (Waiter/Bar work).

You need things to look forward to like this.

I'm excited to earn money again because I used to waste most of mine on crap that just sits on my shelves.

I want to buy a new guitar, a plane ticket to some place warm, some gig/theatre tickets...

You'll be okay...

Books I'd recommend (and most self-help books are utter shite) for you:

1) Feel the fear and do it anyway

2) Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy (the chapter on self-esteem is best and covers most of it)

3) At Last A Life (I'm pretty certain you must suffer from anxiety)

Just those three for now.

Definitely the one's I've gained most insight and help from.

Edited by IndigoRush
2 people like this

Hi guys!

I tried so many suppliments, no result. Eating healthy with no result. Detox with no result.

My eyes get irritated 2-3 times a day, the pain its so big, its a hell. Eye drops doesnt help at all.

I lost about 80% of my eyebrows, now i only have few hairs there....looks like shit, there's not sign of new ones growing.

On the head, in the temples area, the hair is receidding alot, also in the center of the head.

I'm really tired. I'm gonna go on PROPECIA.

Has anyone tried Propecia here? does it really work for accutane hair loss? please reply me. thanks guys.

Edited by Robert1000

Hi guys!

I tried so many suppliments, no result. Eating healthy with no result. Detox with no result.

My eyes get irritated 2-3 times a day, the pain its so big, its a hell. Eye drops doesnt help at all.

I lost about 80% of my eyebrows, now i only have few hairs there....looks like shit, there's not sign of new ones growing.

On the head, in the temples area, the hair is receidding alot, also in the center of the head.

Has anyone tried Propecia here? does it really work for accutane hair loss? please reply me. thanks guys.

same here - sometimes I think, there is no help, nor cure. we have to live with it.

1 person likes this

@Robert1000- Well, if you insist on playing with fire by taking Propecia could you please report back if you have temporary resolution of your sexual side effects while on it?

A Dr. Kevin Pezzi mentioned Propecia reversed his Accutane-induced sexual side effects. This is the first and only case I'm aware of that the reversal was permanent. I have heard a few stories of Propecia making the sexual side effects of Accutane worse.

Hi guys!

Did you ever go back to a physican and have lab work that you asked me about? such as hormones etc... I know your desperate, but I wouldn't jump so quick to propecia!

1 person likes this

The secret of health for both mind & body

is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.

The Buddha

Ummm has any female here noticed that many of our symptoms are strikingly similar to Estrogen Dominance? Not to get too out there, but i think somehow the thyroid might not cut it...I think something more hormonal is going on! For example, birth control made me SOOO ill. I've only been off it for about 4 or 5 days but i already feel a bit better.

You used to be a pretty girl and now you're not. Diet could be a major factor. Do the fast and find out. If you feel better, you know your "healthy" diet was wrong.

This is insane; I can't believe people will allow others to behave this way. Any difference that you perceive is no where near as clearly demonstrable as you state.

This is insane. This is the only reply that you could theoretically and practically receive which you should heed.

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

Thus spoke Joseph Buchignani.

There are definitely hormonal involvements for some. I think Accutane weakens detox mechanisms, which makes trying pharmaceuticals quite dangerous. My hormones are fine on a proper diet. I'm doing quite well these last few days.

There are definitely hormonal involvements for some. I think Accutane weakens detox mechanisms, which makes trying pharmaceuticals quite dangerous. My hormones are fine on a proper diet. I'm doing quite well these last few days.

Telling that girl she was once attractive, but not any longer was messed up (untrue). This is the type of garbage (no shortage of it) that keeps me interested in this thread; there is no way anyone here is going to reverse anything. The only prescription should be anti-diarrheals for peoples' mouths.

Edited by camaroz28

"Fret not fellas. I've got a 145 IQ, zen pain tolerance, the resilience of a cockroach, the survival instincts of a rat. I'll win; it's what I do. And then I'll help all of you, forgetting no one; I swear."

"I did get some fatigue and minor cramps from taste testing spicy food I was cooking. Even though I didn't swallow and rinsed, the residue got me. This hypersensitivity is annoying."

So your approach of minimizing and failing to recognize her pain is somehow more sensitive. Not to mention denying hope. I'll be sure to accord your medical and moral opinions the respect they deserve.

1 person likes this

Telling that girl she was once attractive, but not any longer was messed up (untrue). This is the type of garbage (no shortage of it) that keeps me interested in this thread; there is no way anyone here is going to reverse anything. The only prescription should be anti-diarrheals for peoples' mouths.

It's funny you say that after people have found things that have in fact helped. If you want to be a defeatist keep it to yourself so people who are actually trying to get better don't have to listen to your loser attitude.

Hi guys!

Dude i've done a lot of research on propecia and i wouldn't take that stuff for any amount of money in the world.

1 person likes this

So your approach of minimizing and failing to recognize her pain is somehow more sensitive. Not to mention denying hope. I'll be sure to accord your medical and moral opinions the respect they deserve.

She hasn’t succumbed to mediocrity vis-à-vis her aesthetics as you explicitly stated. She is obviously suicidal and you don’t indulge someone’s misguided, ill-informed perceptions because it serves your ego trip. I think I liked it more when you would paraphrase and cut and paste garbage from self-help books to seem intelligent. It was always clear to anyone with half a brain that you were too inept to author any of it; now, on the other hand your attempts at attention seeking clearly need to be curbed.

Dude i've done a lot of research on propecia and i wouldn't take that stuff for any amount of money in the world

Dude. What a way to contribute.

So basically, you think I'm not smart enough to be writing what I'm writing. Aw, is that a compliment?

Plus, you have no idea how depression and suicide works. It is much easier to accept a loss, and work towards the hope of regaining, than to resist acceptance of a loss, and be constantly reminded of it. Agency = happiness, resistance = pain, irrational optimism = adaptive.

But hey, I must've copy pasted that.

So basically, you think I'm not smart enough to be writing what I'm writing. Aw, is that a compliment?

Plus, you have no idea how depression and suicide works. It is much easier to accept a loss, and work towards the hope of regaining, than to resist acceptance of a loss, and be constantly reminded of it. Agency = happiness, resistance = pain, irrational optimism = adaptive.

But hey, I must've copy pasted that.

I don’t think anything you author is noteworthy, but I do miss the days when your penchant for cutting and pasting was demonstrably irrepressible. You have toned it down on recommendation. You now seek attention by openly declaring your fictitious IQ; and, now you have taken to openly calling people out for what they are not. Please, rigorously explain via the pictures how the attractive girl is no more.

Whereas I have no idea who you are, nor care.

Demonstrably, what a big word. Then why don't you demonstrate.

In like spirit, I will comply with your request: the lady's own words are sufficient.

Demonstrably, what a big word. Then why don't you demonstrate.

In like spirit, I will comply with your request: the lady's own words are sufficient.

You have to demonstrate what was so obvious in the pictures that led to a relegation of "no longer a pretty girl." Come on Chachi, backup what you said. We know all about young ladies and misconstrued self-perception (an epidemic), now explain your hand in the matter.