hormones hormonal diane 35

1 reply to this topic

#1 eastie

eastie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

the endocrynologst prescribed me Diane 35.I have doubts if she is really a smart person.I may go on Diane for years but I heard that the side effects are terrible and the acne always comes back after stopping taking it.
Is there something better?Diane is an old cure,maybe something beter has come out?

I only have DHEA-s levels of 600 then the norm is 400..the other hormones are ok but testosterone is on the verge of the highest norm..

What makes me think that this doctor is not very competent is that I said"I dont need hard hormone treatment,I dont have menstruation poblems or Hirsutism".ans she said- "you say u dont have Hirsutism?"

I mean she only saw some very abundant and thick hair around my crotch,spreading o the thighs,but I dont have beard or chest hair,damn it.

But the acne is really severe,so I desperately need hormonal treatment,as nothing beside accutane helps(accutane helped mi for a year but i will not do it again)

and the crucial question:ARE YOU EVER TO GET CURED FROM ACNE WITH HORMONE TREATMENT OR WILL THE EFFECTS LAST ONLY AS LONG AS YOU'RE ON PILLS?
if you want to read the boring and hopeless story of my not-yet-ended fight with acne,go to my profile.

#2 melissa6980

melissa6980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (eastie @ May 7 2011, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the endocrynologst prescribed me Diane 35.I have doubts if she is really a smart person.I may go on Diane for years but I heard that the side effects are terrible and the acne always comes back after stopping taking it.
Is there something better?Diane is an old cure,maybe something beter has come out?

I only have DHEA-s levels of 600 then the norm is 400..the other hormones are ok but testosterone is on the verge of the highest norm..

What makes me think that this doctor is not very competent is that I said"I dont need hard hormone treatment,I dont have menstruation poblems or Hirsutism".ans she said- "you say u dont have Hirsutism?"

I mean she only saw some very abundant and thick hair around my crotch,spreading o the thighs,but I dont have beard or chest hair,damn it.

But the acne is really severe,so I desperately need hormonal treatment,as nothing beside accutane helps(accutane helped mi for a year but i will not do it again)

and the crucial question:ARE YOU EVER TO GET CURED FROM ACNE WITH HORMONE TREATMENT OR WILL THE EFFECTS LAST ONLY AS LONG AS YOU'RE ON PILLS?

There is also spironolactone for hormonal treatment (it's an anti-androgen). I don't think I have hirsutism but my doc prescribed hormone treatment. It seems to be common for docs to prescribe birth control pills, spiro, etc. for acne whether or not there are menstrual problems or hirsutism. I think unless our hormones for some reason change on their own, that the acne will return a little while after stopping the pills. But at that time, a different acne treatment could be started or maybe they will have learned more about acne by then...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users