Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveGreenSmoothies

How long until bad food causes a breakout?

14 posts in this topic

If you are on a great diet and you eat "bad" food, how long until you would notice a break-out? Is it quick like the next day, or longer like 5-7 days?

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

my acne reacts soooo quickly, usually i notice a change for the worse the very next morning.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

with alcohol, I notice breakouts within 2-3hours after I eat.

I am not sure about other food though, I've dropped the whole diet thing and have not noticed any difference. it's already been 6 months too.

Can my testicles be the reason of my suffering?

with alcohol, I notice breakouts within 2-3hours after I eat.

I am not sure about other food though, I've dropped the whole diet thing and have not noticed any difference. it's already been 6 months too.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

the 2-3 hour thing happens to me as well, if i eat loads of sugary things or breads/ pastas, my existing acne will get noticeably inflamed, an i will begin getting new pimples.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

Well, I can tell you this, emmanuel. After weeks of vigilance in hygene and avoiding excess sugar, my skin is clear. I feel as though bacteria are lurking, waiting for the first opportunity to feast, followed by an orgy of reproduction. I know from experiene that if I were to eat a bag of cookies right now, and wash them down with a few glasses of soda or milk, that zits would begin to appear in a few hours.

3 - 7 days

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Yup from mine, and most others that follow a diet to clear their skin. There are always exceptions like the above though ;-)

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

i've been on a low simple carb/low sugar/low dairy diet for about 11 months. i notice i am especially sensitive to sugar, esp white flour product sweets (like cakes). after i eat these a pimple or two shows up within 1 - 3 days.

just wondering...anyone know of any pimple PREVENTIVE food to eat/drink AFTER you eat something "bad"? lost of lemon juice? shot of apple cider vinegar?

i wonder about the lemon, because it supposed help the liver cleanse impurities (i already drink lemon juice 2/day). and the apple cider vinegar i read helps restore the ph on your "system" (haven't tried this though but i've read some people have had successes in controlling their acne by drinking acv)

About a week or two weeks..

I've been very bad hee hee diet wise for TWO WEEKS>like milk and cereal and chocolate pudding, potato chips, candy, CHEESE (i have a fast metabolism and actually wanted to gain 5 punds but belive me I ain't complainin one iota about the fast metabolism), I've gone mad I know it! basically I almost never have even tiny breakouts nowadays but I got a very mild spattering of pimples, like very tiny ones on my forehead and more clogged pores, obviously clogged ones UGH!!!! also, a big pimple on my stomach> can you imagine! But my acne has been rare and i've also been on accutane 6 years ago so even this junky food doens;t cause acne that's bad or even moderate but no doubt the extra carbs and the extra dairy for sure caused a clog pore party on my face and a zit on my belly>no more dairy for me or at least not as much as i've been packing away!

The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be