#1 FTweekend

FTweekend

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

Hey all,

THE BRIEF: on my journey to beautiful skin
I had acne for over 10 years (comes and goes), now at 28 I controlled cystic acne by going on DKR 2.5%bp and healthy eating habits. I am pretty much clear with maybe 5% of acne left over which doesn't really bother me.

CURRENT PROBLEM: scars and wanting to get off bp
So I have been recommended to treat my rolling scars with a very intrusive surgical process called subcision. I youtube'd it and got real scared. I want to not rely on bp forever so I need to find another way to keep clear.

EXPERIMENT: holistic diet and lifestyle
this is what I make sure I intake everyday
Evening Primrose Oil
Cod Liver Oil
Flaxseed Oil (on all my salads)
Fruit Enzyme
Ginger Tea
Green Tea
Water
Organic Goat's Milk (with honey and tumeric)

this is what I like to eat for meals
Breakfast
- organic apple and alternating fruits smoothie: banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, or grapes, sometimes leafy greens (I like to keep my smoothies simple so my body digests it easily;
- sometimes a green salad with mint/ basil, avocado and nuts (dressing is Flaxseed Oil with salt and pepper) I am very addicted to my salads because they taste so darn good
Lunch
- Salad and soup;
- rice/ pasta with veggies and some meat
Dinner
- Salad with fish, soup
- sometimes I have rice/ pasta, other times I don't

this is what I put on my face
Morning and Night
wash with Seabuckthorn berry soap
apply DKR 2.5bp (I want to wait another 6 months before I slowly get off it)
moisturize with aragon oil and aloe vera (I did vitamin E during winter)
apply Obagi spf 30 on sunny days
mask (a few times a week)
- manuka honey, lemon, and cinnamon exfoliating mask
- goat's milk
- sea salt with flaxseed oil/ evening primrose oil
makeup
- tinted moisturizer (once a week/ every other week)
- vichy aera teint breaks me out (tiny breakouts still much better than any others I've used) but I'm stopping this
- organic colour lipbalm (beaver something... love it)

sleepy time
- I sleep in weird hours and somewhat or a stressful life. However, I try to always get 7-8 hrs a night and take breaks (many of them) to keep calm and balanced.

* most of these healthy habits I have been doing for 6+ months, but there are a few I just started this week.

SO FAR:
Over the course of 6 months, my complexion is so much nicer and rosier from the oils and morning smoothies I consume. The scars have been fading slowly (VERY slowly)...but I would like the rolling scars to go away as well.

Please suggest or comment...esp about getting rid of scars naturally! smile.gif

Edited by FTweekend, 04 May 2011 - 01:01 AM.

#2 Bonnybell

Bonnybell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I just wanted to offer my input. I think what you're doing is awesome, and I know what you mean about scars. Mine are much more noticeable to ME than they are to everyone else, and they're a reminder of the awful time suffering from acne. I had horrid acne as a teen, when on birth control, it got better. After 13 years, I decided it was time to go off, and I've been struggling all over again. It's no fun! But I'm working towards finding what is causing my acne, so I can get to the root of the matter.

In response to the scarring issue, have you ever tried Collagen Induction Therapy? Or heard of it? It is definitely NOT the most comfortable experience--a bit painful to be sure, and you do NOT want to do this yourself, I don't care what they say. Have a professional do it, followed by cold laser therapy to help speed the healing. I tried it for the first time about two years ago, and it did help the scarring on my face. Not 100%, but better than it was. It helps to rebuild the collagen in those areas, thereby reducing the appearance of scars. Sadly most scar tissue can never really be removed, but I do believe it can become less visible. It's something to think about, anyway. Look it up and see if it's something you'd be interested in.

#3 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling with this. You are doing some great things. Have you experimented with doing no grains/dairy? You say you sometimes add leafy greens to your fruit smoothies - have you tried adding them every day? They are by far the most important food you can ingest for skin health, so eating them (lots of them) every day would be a very good idea and might get rid of that 5% you have left over.

For scarring, I have been hearing about ultrasound machines. There are quite a few women at The Essential Day Spa website that talk about them - I'm sure they'd have other ideas for scarring as well - they seem to know about everything! ha!

#4 FTweekend

FTweekend

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Bonnybell - I've not tried the collagen induction therapy.... I feel scared about this since they are needles poking my skin. I don't know any reputable places in Toronto that does this. How much are these services? I hope you are finding some solutions to clearing your acne. I know how it feels to be an adult and still have acne! I find that when I am anxious/ stressed/ unbalanced... my breakouts resurfaces. So I try my best to balance my rest, diet, work, and play.... I feel so much better after I do yoga or attempt to meditate. I even looked up some chants/ mantras and learn them so I sing them I focus on the words and not the billion thoughts running through my head. This really helps me in addition to eating healthy. There are just so much going on in our lives nowadays that it is almost impossible to take time for yourself. In the case if you don't, make sure you do. Thanks for your response :)

Fairy - I have cut most dairy, sometimes I sneak in some cheese and yogurt, but they do make me break out most times. I looked into your green smoothies link and this has inspired me to start it up again! I started to be more spiritual and this has helped me greatly with my well-being and stability. I really agree with your thoughts on love, compassion, and thankfulness...they really help clear the negative thoughts. I have done ultrasound years ago, along with laser and peels. My skin was amazing but because of the drastic changes and the temperate weather here in Toronto, my skin freaked out when summer came around. It was extremely dry, no cream/oil was able to sooth it and acne came back after I just got rid of the scars. I feel since that experience, complete healing takes a long time and patience is something I am still working on. Thanks for your post :)

#5 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

FT Weekend,
Thank you for your kind words, and you are very welcome!! If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users