THE BRIEF: on my journey to beautiful skin
I had acne for over 10 years (comes and goes), now at 28 I controlled cystic acne by going on DKR 2.5%bp and healthy eating habits. I am pretty much clear with maybe 5% of acne left over which doesn't really bother me.
CURRENT PROBLEM: scars and wanting to get off bp
So I have been recommended to treat my rolling scars with a very intrusive surgical process called subcision. I youtube'd it and got real scared. I want to not rely on bp forever so I need to find another way to keep clear.
EXPERIMENT: holistic diet and lifestyle
this is what I make sure I intake everyday
Evening Primrose Oil
Cod Liver Oil
Flaxseed Oil (on all my salads)
Organic Goat's Milk (with honey and tumeric)
this is what I like to eat for meals
- organic apple and alternating fruits smoothie: banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, or grapes, sometimes leafy greens (I like to keep my smoothies simple so my body digests it easily;
- sometimes a green salad with mint/ basil, avocado and nuts (dressing is Flaxseed Oil with salt and pepper) I am very addicted to my salads because they taste so darn good
- Salad and soup;
- rice/ pasta with veggies and some meat
- Salad with fish, soup
- sometimes I have rice/ pasta, other times I don't
this is what I put on my face
Morning and Night
wash with Seabuckthorn berry soap
apply DKR 2.5bp (I want to wait another 6 months before I slowly get off it)
moisturize with aragon oil and aloe vera (I did vitamin E during winter)
apply Obagi spf 30 on sunny days
mask (a few times a week)
- manuka honey, lemon, and cinnamon exfoliating mask
- goat's milk
- sea salt with flaxseed oil/ evening primrose oil
- tinted moisturizer (once a week/ every other week)
- vichy aera teint breaks me out (tiny breakouts still much better than any others I've used) but I'm stopping this
- organic colour lipbalm (beaver something... love it)
- I sleep in weird hours and somewhat or a stressful life. However, I try to always get 7-8 hrs a night and take breaks (many of them) to keep calm and balanced.
* most of these healthy habits I have been doing for 6+ months, but there are a few I just started this week.
Over the course of 6 months, my complexion is so much nicer and rosier from the oils and morning smoothies I consume. The scars have been fading slowly (VERY slowly)...but I would like the rolling scars to go away as well.
Please suggest or comment...esp about getting rid of scars naturally!
Edited by FTweekend, 04 May 2011 - 01:01 AM.