Photo

Ghost's Log, The Natural Way

vitamin b calcium fish oil green tea zinc makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi, Ghost here.

I've been stalking these boards for a while now reading everyone's logs and have decided to do my own.

Let me tell you a little about myself;
I'm 18 years old, now while I've suffered from the occasional zit or pimple since I was 12, I have never had more than one at a time.
Then VOILA! a couple of months ago I started breaking out pretty badly.
((No, I haven't changed my diet, or any other part of my lifestyle)) The only thing I can figure is that it is from stress. Yay me.

Now this totally cleared up when I was using Burt's Bee's facewash but when I ran out I bought St Ives Green Tea wash and it broke me out again. That. Stuff. Sucks.
To me, anyway.
I tossed it in the garbage with the quickness.

This all got me to thinking, Since Burt's Bee's is 99% Natural (Or 95) Maybe my skin was used to the natural and didn't like the synthetic-y cleanser. So I was off on a journey to find a new one that worked as well as BB but wasn't as pricey.
Somehow I found myself on Etsy and I bought a Detox Bar from

I LOVE IT. I bought the original but they also have it in lavender and tea tree which is supposed to be very good for your skin. I will try that one next time.
Because I fell in love with this I bought some more stuff from her.

And

So FAR....so GOOD.
My skin REALLY loves the detox bar. It doesn't dry out your skin and it feels so clean!

The astringent got used for the first time last night and it didn't break me out so that's a good sign for me. It smells kinda minty, but I like that. Feels very refreshing.

I also used the SPOT stik for the first time last night and when I woke up a lot of the redness on my cheeks was gone. HOORAY! Now this kinda smells like sage, but I don't mind it because after a minute or two the smell completely fades away.

The Mask....I can't say enough good about this thing! I put it on and left it for about 15 minutes and it made my pores so tight! And it smells just like lavender Posted Image
I don't know if any of you have experience with dead sea masks but generally they smell bad. This one...DOESN'T Posted Image

Now if this doesn't continue to make my skin better, I will go back to BB and WHEN I DO....I will also buy the moisturizer and the spot treatment AND the astringent. Well maybe not the Astringent, we shall see.

I can not post pictures right now but as soon as I can I will put up some before pictures with NO MAKEUP. I think the camera makes my skin look worse....but either way it's pretty bad right now. I have four pimples all together on one spot on my left cheek and 2 on the other and every day I freaking wake up with a new zit. The zits don't bug me so much since mine heal so quickly.
But dammit my pimples will last forever!!!!

I have been using the Detox bar for 2 weeks and I took a picture before I started so I'll post that and a new picture to see if there is a difference.

UPDATED:
[Morning]
Charcoal Detox Soap with warm (not hot) water
Aloe + Tea Tree Astringent applied with cotton ball
Everyday Minerals Powder
2x Psyllium Husk
1x Vitamin C
1x Zinc
2x Calcium
2x Green Tea
1x Vitamin B Complex
2x Fish Oil
[Night]
2x Psyllium Husk
2x Calcium
2x Green Tea
2x Fish Oil
Homemade Eye Makeup Remover (1cup water, 1tbls Baby shampoo, 1/8 tsp olive oil)
Charcoal Detox Soap
Aloe + Tea Tree Astringent (applied with cotton ball)
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo
[Once Weekly]
Dead Sea Mud Mask
or
Mint Julep Mask
[Diet]
I quit eating candy and other junk foods (waahh)
I snack on almonds or granola
I have yet to stop drinking soda, But I am drinking LESS
Side note: I think the Ortho has made me gain weight. Comments?
I eat more vegetables, but still can't bring myself to eat fruit

Edited by Ghost08, 14 November 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#2 TDNB

TDNB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Good luck!
I would recommend bentonite over the charcoal but thats just meeeeee.

Lavender is amazing and smells good too.
I have a bunch of essential oils I used to use for acne, then I got lazy.

#3 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (TDNB @ May 4 2011, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck!
I would recommend bentonite over the charcoal but thats just meeeeee.

Lavender is amazing and smells good too.
I have a bunch of essential oils I used to use for acne, then I got lazy.

Ya know, I hear that but so far so good with the Charcoal.
But I might try it when I run out, for sure.

#4 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Alright folks,

I'm very happy with how my skin is doing!

I bought some Jojoba oil with every intention of using it as a moisturizer for my face buuuut, I put it on my hair instead. AWESOME.
I have been rubbing Vitamin E on my pink marks and it is helping a good bit.

Everything is going good biggrin.gif

I need to stop eating so much sugar though, it's my weakness </3

I've attached my before pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• stufffff_013EDIT.jpg
  • stufffff_014EDIT.jpg

#5 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

So last night I got really mad and I pinched a lot of stuff on my face.
eusa_wall.gif
Today my face is really red and covered in tiny little scabs. Grrr....

EDIT/ADD:

Has anyone ever had experience with Exercising helping with their skin?
Thanks!

Edited by Ghost08, 06 May 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#6 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I started using neosporin on my scabs and they are all gone.
I use it at night and wait about 15 minutes and put some BP on there. I have only ONE pimple now and it's very very small!

Woot Woot!

I am now just working on the pink I have left on my cheeks and chin. Discoloration sucks, I have tan spots too.

I'll post pics soon.

#7 Guest_pokemonster_*

Guest_pokemonster_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

hey ghost! wink.gif yknow sugar is my weakness too -_- dunno how to get rid of it at all.. also u seem to break out in very same places i do, so maybe, what if sugar thing has to do with this afterall? have u tried going no sugar or just fruit? eusa_think.gif whats your diet like at all?

aand how does charcoal is supposed to work? i have some at home so i wonder now, all i know it should help with upset stomach (if thats even same charcoal im thinking of, idk) or something

#8 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (pokemonster @ May 22 2011, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey ghost! wink.gif yknow sugar is my weakness too -_- dunno how to get rid of it at all.. also u seem to break out in very same places i do, so maybe, what if sugar thing has to do with this afterall? have u tried going no sugar or just fruit? eusa_think.gif whats your diet like at all?

aand how does charcoal is supposed to work? i have some at home so i wonder now, all i know it should help with upset stomach (if thats even same charcoal im thinking of, idk) or something

I think sugar definitely might have something to do with it. But as of lately I have not been eating very much sugar at all.
I don't eat bread hardly ever, I think my diet has changed a lot and is lots better. I NEVER eat out and I cook only healthy foods. I eat tons of veggies but I cannot bring myself to eat fruit. It looks delicious but I think I taste it differently than others LOL It all tastes like grass wink.gif and don't ask how I know what grass taste like....

I had a friend who used charcoal to do a detox so I was trying it for myself, so far taking it actually makes me feel better in general, dunno why but when I stop taking it I just feel generally bad.

#9 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

For some reason it's only letting me attach one photo.....

Anywho, I hope this picture makes you laugh because I think I should have just blacked out my eyes haha but I look funny and it makes me laugh. Hope it brings joy into your day XD

Attached Thumbnails

• DISNEYmay_034.jpg

#10 Guest_pokemonster_*

Guest_pokemonster_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

lolz i know how grass tastes too anywayz :3 and u look like ur soo mehd at evrything heheh, but yknow whoa your skin so much improved compared to previous pics! gasp.gif so congrats with that. and thnx btw, ill be trying that charcoal too, just that, u take it before food or when? and together with water?

#11 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (pokemonster @ May 23 2011, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lolz i know how grass tastes too anywayz :3 and u look like ur soo mehd at evrything heheh, but yknow whoa your skin so much improved compared to previous pics! gasp.gif so congrats with that. and thnx btw, ill be trying that charcoal too, just that, u take it before food or when? and together with water?

Thank you! I've noticed that if I don't take pictures I think my skin isn't improving, so I think it is nice to take pictures to follow your progress and keep from getting discouraged.

I take the Charcoal with Psyllium husks right before lunch and dinner and drink a 8oz glass of water with it.

#12 rubberduck

rubberduck

mmkay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

Damn your skin is very similar to mine! Accept I have alot more blackheads on the nose area cuz im to lazy to squeeze them -.- However I tend to get whiteheads rather than just red spots, do you always get them like that, because if you do I wanna know how you get rid of the whiteheads so well gasp.gif I hate them!!! sad.gif

#13 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (rubberduck @ Jun 20 2011, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn your skin is very similar to mine! Accept I have alot more blackheads on the nose area cuz im to lazy to squeeze them -.- However I tend to get whiteheads rather than just red spots, do you always get them like that, because if you do I wanna know how you get rid of the whiteheads so well gasp.gif I hate them!!! sad.gif

I don't get whiteheads very often, but when I do I just put some BP on it and it usually dries up very quickly.

#14 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

I really try hard not to obsess over my skin but I can't help.
Both my sister and I suffer from acne ((yes, suffer is a good word)) But she has had it longer than me.
I feel like I'm on a mission to find some miraculous cure so I can help us both.
-Insert verbal confirmation of anger-

I sat down and REALLY tried to figure out when my acne got so bad. You see I only every got blackheads before.
I honestly think it's because of stress. It was never this bad until my other sister moved back home. It causes a lot of stress for my whole family which I really don't want to write about or it will just make me mad.

On top of THAT whole situation, I've been obsessive compulsive my whole life, and it only gets worse as I get older. I have no idea what to do to deal with it.
I used to do yoga daily and that helped me feel a great deal better so maybe I should just start that again.
I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Ghost08, 12 July 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#15 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

It's been 73 days guys...Oh how time flies.

I wash my face morning and night and I have decided to stop washing with a washcloth. I think it's possible it could be irritating my skin. In my experience exfoliating cleansers are no good for me, so I figure the same could go for using a washcloth.

I have a new spot on my chin, it's not red yet but I put some BP on it overnight and now my chin is SO SO DRY! When I put it on my cheeks I never experience dryness. Weird? I think yes.
I put some Jojoba Oil on it hoping it will help.

I have also decided to start taking Zinc, Vitamin C, Fish Oil & B-Complex. Just started today so I can't say anything about that yet.

#16 Monica123

Monica123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

hi, you mentioned picking and saying you were compulsive. i found a site a while back that addressed the issue: http://stoppickingonme.com/index.php
basically it says that skin picking is actually a disorder that's tied to OCD and is known as CSP (compulsive skin picking)
it's a really nasty habit that i'm guilty of myself sad.gif i used to do it every day but now i find myself just doing it whenever i'm stressed or anxious about something (thus it's more common during the school year). however i had a derm appointment today which i was nervous about so i spent about an hour or more ripping apart my face last night oompf.gif *sigh
anyways, hope that helps you out to give you more info on the problem, but good luck with the rest of your regimen biggrin.gif

#17 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Monica123 @ Jul 13 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, you mentioned picking and saying you were compulsive. i found a site a while back that addressed the issue: http://stoppickingonme.com/index.php
basically it says that skin picking is actually a disorder that's tied to OCD and is known as CSP (compulsive skin picking)
it's a really nasty habit that i'm guilty of myself sad.gif i used to do it every day but now i find myself just doing it whenever i'm stressed or anxious about something (thus it's more common during the school year). however i had a derm appointment today which i was nervous about so i spent about an hour or more ripping apart my face last night oompf.gif *sigh
anyways, hope that helps you out to give you more info on the problem, but good luck with the rest of your regimen biggrin.gif

Monica,
The site you have referred me to is quite informative. My nails and toenails are something to behold. When I feel stressed and anxious ((which is multiple times a day)) I pick at my nails. Mostly my toenails.
I've picked at them so bad that they actually will not grow in a normal shape anymore. I didn't know it was possible but I have done it.
Thanks so much for sharing!

#18 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Since I started taking supplements I haven't had any new breakouts. Coincidence? I only hope this lasts. My skin hasn't been dry, and my skin hasn't been oily either. It's in it's happy medium. My skin has never been this was before, I don't quite know what to do with myself.

#19 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

I tried something on my face ((That I previously quit using as I was convinced it broke me out)) and I woke up with a friggin' pimple!!!! I guess it's safe to say I was right the first time. I'm just glad it was only one. Geesh.

I'm getting a little better at handling my stress.
I have started breathing exercises that help a little.

Also on the menu for improvement: Getting Fit. ((I'm sweating just thinking about it lol))

#20 manlyfl0l

manlyfl0l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Nice Going...But listen ...Using natural way is less effective.

Now if your going to say benzoyl peroxide is chemicals and you don't want your face to get ruined.....The only way your gonna get skin cancer is if you apply benzoyl peroxide all the time = which is not possible. cause if you wash your skin and let is breath for 1 sec, that is enough for healing.

It's better to use benzoyl peroxide and get clear in 2 weeks/months
Your natural method won't do anything....it's your stress making you think your clear.....

Now P.acne are 2000 stronger then before, Before back in time world was covered with trees....that is not the state now.....!! You need Strongest thing to get it over with

Look at Accutane....It attacks the acne from all sides.
do the same. just for face apply benzoyl peroxide and live a joyful life.