Photo

Acne, dairy and cancer: The 5alpha-P link.

dairy

27 replies to this topic

#21 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I wonder if the poor Lactobacilli gets acne?

I've always noticed sour cream is better for me than regular cream.

#22 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

A few articles on dairy from other ruminants -goats, sheep, camels, water buffalo) including one with a comparison chart. Not necessarily comparing the things we need to know for our acne other than digestibility/lactose, unfortunately.

http://www.sarahmela...d-buffalo-milk/`

http://www.bbc.co.uk...falo_milk.shtml

#23 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

A Good Thing about Dairy

Goat milk/cheese/yogurt - As opposed to cow. Is easier to digest because of slight differences in proteins and fat molecules. And it's 3x higher in octanoic acid which your body converts to form lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant. It's AKA caprylic acid, a word that comes from the latin word for goat. Some of the longest lived societies have goats milk as a big part of their diet. Octanoic acid is also found in coconut oil, and human milk is higher in octanoic acid than cows milk.

Lipoic Acid is a popular anti-aging supplement. And it helps with glucose metabolism, blood pressure and can chelate metals from the body. Caprylic acid is also antimicrobial and been found to be effective against various streptococcus and staphylococcus infections. It's a medium chain fatty acid and it along with the lauric acid content make goat milk far higher in beneficial medium chain fatty acids. (seems to have quite a bit in common with coconut)

Livestrong.com says caprylic acid is best known for being effective against yeast overgrowth in intestines, mouth, vagina, skin, etc. I wasn't aware of that though, and they don't cite sources.

I'm sorry to say that sheep's milk, which has it's benefits, is not so high in caprylic acid. Too bad as flavorful sheep's milk cheeses like romano and feta abound. and those things are great because a little goes a long way.

More info on dairy including from other animals such as water buffalo. In the preview of the New Good Foods book available on Amazon. http://books.google....ps milk&f=false Even though you can't see every page, it looks like a pretty good reference on quality food.

#24 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I've consumed cow's milk / cheese almost every day of my life. I'm currently acne-free, but if I get cancer I'll let you know.

#25 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, Running, Having clear skin (: Lana Del Rey.

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

My aunt and I both have similar acne which has been proven hormonal for her and she believes is also hormonal for me, she recently gave birth to two children and gives them all organic products that way they don't get all the added hormones and she believe that her kids will grow up with little acne. I also am switching over to all organic meat, dairy, etc.

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

^ Tritonix was on accutane (as he has been on and off for about a decade) less than 6 months prior to making the above claim.  Also abstains from sexual activity of all kinds in order to have clear skin.  What would you rather try? Avoiding dairy and high glycemic meals and trans fats or avoiding sex?

Edited by alternativista, 28 May 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#27 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Bump

#28 sustakp

sustakp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

This is interesting. I grew up in India on water buffalo milk. I started having cows milk only after moving here to the US 4 years back and started developing severe acne 3 years back.

It is now better after switching to goat dairy products.

A few articles on dairy from other ruminants -goats, sheep, camels, water buffalo) including one with a comparison chart. Not necessarily comparing the things we need to know for our acne other than digestibility/lactose, unfortunately.

http://www.sarahmela...d-buffalo-milk/`

http://www.bbc.co.uk...falo_milk.shtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users