zinc

3 replies to this topic

#1 wasson

wasson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

Hello I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd post a possible cure for scalp folliculitis. It's straight tea tree oil by the way. But below is my story.

Last August I noticed I had two bumps on my scalp which over the months spread around my scalp, as other bumps left new ones came in just as fast, it eventually got to the point where it spread to my face a neck a bit and when I went to eh Dr they performed a culture and found MRSA. I had to take antibiotics, the problem is even though I took antibiotics and some of them worked wonders and cleared the MRSA the folliculitis would come back 1 to 2 weeks later. And I took a ton of antibiotics. Now what would come back isnt MRSA I'm told they're sterile postules but nonetheless it's not normal for me to get bumps on my scalp

Keflex - Worked during treatment came back 1 week later
Doxycilline - Didn't do anything
sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim - worked great cleared everything but came back two weeks later.
Doxycycline - didnt do anything
Cipro - didn't help
sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim + rifampin - same results as regular sulfameth above.
Linezolid - worked great kept everything away for a month

Anyway I tried all kinds of weird junk like lemongrass oil, Manuka honey, Bleach baths, Products with tea tree oil already on them, apple cider vinegar, grapefruit oil, eucalyptus oil, shampoos with Zinc, salycic acid, and who knows what other stuff.

So what I decided to do was go to a health store, I went to whole foods market, bought their generic pure tea tree oil for like $12. I wet my hair, pour a little bit of salycic acid shampoo I have ( prob any shampoo works) on my hand then put like 20 drops of tea tree oil on the shampoo in my hand then just rub it into my scalp and at the time i had flare ups id just straight dump the tea tree oil on the bumps and rub gently ( I do this twice a day). After one day the bumps felt smaller and the next morning they were gone, and it's been almost a week so there is a chance I may be jumping the gun here, but I've never seen anything work so fast.

I have tried tea tree oil before with no results but before I was mixing it with other oils and a wash called hibiclens, so I may have not been using enough tea tree oil. Also since I mentioned it Hibiclens does a decent job in keeping scalp folliculitis under some control if you don't mind 1-3 bumps.

Anyway though I'd share and let you know how it goes.

#2 nos86

nos86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

can you give us an update? is the tea tree oil still working?

As for me, I tired pure tea tree oil, poured some into my palm with shampoo and washed my hair. I let it sit for a couple minutes in the shower then rinsed it off. My head felt cool and itchiness subsided. After few days the spots began to clear up. I am gonna conduct more trial and error testing with the tea tree oil before I make a more confident recommendation. As of right now it has helped with my current scalp folliculitis. I will see how things go and give a more detailed analysis.

I hope and pray that nobody has to deal with this horrible condition. It ruins lives and I completely understand how it can drastically alter your daily life. I pray that there is a cure for this horrid condition.

Edited by nos86, 11 January 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#3 nos86

nos86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

I wanted to post an update as of 1/11/12. I've stopped using shampoo altogether and just used the water from boiling guava leaves (they have medicinal properties look it up on the web). Let it cool put it into a bottle and then use it to rinse the area on my scalp for a few weeks every day until the sores go down and then every other day. My itchy scalp and sores have all healed up and I no longer get break outs like I did with every other treatment I've used. It turns out that my itchy sores were caused by some sort of allergic reaction to the chemicals in the shampoo.

I hope this can help someone, anyone out there. Please spread the message.

#4 nos86

nos86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Okay as of 2/24/12 I have been getting some spots on my scalp and the itchiness has returned. Scalp folliculitis is an odd ailment. It comes and goes but never goes away completely. It is down right disgusting and an irritating ordeal. I prey we find a common solution once and for all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users