Deciding on a blue light product

30 replies to this topic

#21 Zusak

Zusak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Works great! 3 weeks with red/yellow/blue/orange LED light has reduced my acne about 60%.

Product was very expensive, cost over 500 euros. Risky one, but im glad it worked out.

Definitely worth to try at least.

Edited by Zusak, 10 December 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#22 RNIC2

RNIC2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Nature, New experiences, Producing soul hip-hop instrumentals, Graphic Design, living life a bliss. I'm the closest thing to Vegetarian without being one, for the cause. One pro about having blemishes is that i have come to know myself and am far more accepting for others.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I have the Evis MD platinum blue light. It runs $200 on amazon, around $100 on ebay and I found mine at TJ maxx for $100. Don't need to buy replacement cartridges, just plug it in and go. I haven't been diligent enough to notice remarkable results though but most people that have give it good reviews Posted Image Blue light is for treating acne, red light is for anti-aging, supposed to help with wrinkles.

i've been looking into buying one, not sure whether i want to take the chance in buying the such expensive product. do you know if its possible for it to cause an even worse breakout? if so, i'll look for similar products...

It definitely won't make your acne worse, if anything it just won't help at all. A better way of controlling bacteria causing acne is taking a probiotic, one with 30 billion organisms, pretty much cured my acne. I got my blue light at a big discount but it's not worth paying full price for.

I managed to land one for $29 on ebay! Im really hoping this helps... i've been on green tea and i see a difference since i started drinking it 2 weeks ago

#23 The Overlord

The Overlord

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm looking into getting one of these lights too. I think I would need a smaller one though that lets me watch tv or something on the side. I don't really care if it takes half an hour to cover my whole face but I really dont wanna wear glasses with this because I know that I'll never use it then.

Do you guys have a suggestion?
I was looking at the Lumiport since it has both blue and red and is pretty small.

Buying one of those led bulbs looks pretty good too but i'm not sure if I could find a good lamp to put it into since, again, I don't wanna wear glasses for that :P so I would have to finda lamp where the bulb fits in perfect and where no light escapes on the sides.

Do you guys have an update on those LED bulbs? How do you use them? Do you actually just soot in front of them for half an hour every day?

#24 CleanAndNotClear

CleanAndNotClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm building my own from 30x415nm, 30x660nm, 30x880nm 3Watt LED's all powered by a 650w PSU.

It's taking ages though. Posted Image

#25 rian202003

rian202003

:^0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

would these be strong enough http://www.ebay.co.u...=item484c37b13e

#26 CleanAndNotClear

CleanAndNotClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I know you need 10-30 mW/cm^2 of power. High-powered LED's are needed.

"Medical grade" UV LED's can cost £100+ each from UK sources if money is no object.

Edited by CleanAndNotClear, 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#27 purplesky

purplesky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

This sounds like a great idea.

My BLUE BULB has arrived and I am very happy with it, has a purple tint to it. I can certainly see a difference in skin tone - after using every scrub and cream for God knows how many years light therapy really does give instant results. I also find shaving with a razor isn't so awful either - usually I would be covered with scrapes and get lumpy spots from ingrown hairs, the light really does heal things faster. Waiting for the RED bulb to arrive.

The bulb is small but well made and for £20 and free postage is good value for money by comparison to every other device I have seen.

Blue Light Bulb

My question is on how to use this bulb. For how long do I need to expose myself to the light and how often? Also, how do you get the light bulb that close to your skin? Do you use one of those desk lamps that is sold at Walmart for $10? My bathroom is pretty small. Can I replace the regular bulb that I use there with this blue light bulb? Please give a little more information. Thank you. smile.png

It depends how much time you have, I saw one advert for a blue light pen gadget that said 70 seconds which sounds a little on the short side. I would say a minimum of ten minutes. Sometimes I will do half an hour if I have nothing better to do. The bulb is an American screw type - I used an adaptor so it will fit, they are cheap and available everywhere if your lamp doesn't have the right socket. At the moment I have a clip lamp - a lamp with a clamp at one end that you clip to a shelf and I just hold the lamp next to my face to get as deep a penetration as possible.

Just ordered this though, much easier I think.

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B005O0R644

I might be a little late to this thread, but be careful about ordering these bulbs if you're outside the US and Canada 110 volts AC mains. That's right, they ARE designed to work from 110v, so if you are in Europe for example that uses 220/230v, you can't just plug them into a bulb fitting converter and plug them in! The leds would probably blow from too much voltage, or at least the lifetime would be seriously reduced. If you're ordering from outside US/Canada, you will also need to purchase a 230v to 110v AC step down transformer as well as the bulb converter. Things can get quite pricey!

#28 Eamene

Eamene

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

I just ordered a Tanda Clear+ so Ill let you know how it goes! :) 

#29 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, EVERYTHING BUT MATH. :)
    I want to try and see pretty much everything!

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Does this one look any good?

http://www.amazon.co...=A3T9U6F3CBS77R

x x Stephanie

#30 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Keep us updated. I haven't bought one, but I get blue and red light treatments at my esthetician's and I like them so far. They use the medical grade type... I felt a bit nervous about using it at home so for now I'm doing it at a spa which costs $1 per minute. Blue light works best when you use a red light afterwards because the blue light can bring breakouts to the surface, so the red light helps with inflammation, scarring, and collagen production. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#31 Belindaa

Belindaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

I recently purchased the Silk'n Blue and I have been really happy with it.  I had the worst skin and tried every product under the sun.  I have been on Accutane twice, prescription creams, over the counter soaps, everything. 

The Accutane got rid of the cysts but I did not want to be on it longer than I had to, since I know how bad the side effects are. I still broke out monthly around my period and still had a few pimples on my forehead and cheeks that I had to cover up with makeup.  

My Dermatologist recommended Blue Light therapy but going to the office to get it done started to get really expensive.  I saw that there were a bunch of new devices that started selling at home version.  I did my research between all the products and I was the happiest with the Silk'n Blue. I used it daily at first, they say to hold it to the problem area for about 3-5 min per "zone", after a few weeks all those pimples that needed to be covered up disappeared.  I still get the occasional pimple around my period, but I started using the Blue as a spot treatment.  Now the zit will last two days vs a whole month.  

Edited by Belindaa, 12 February 2014 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users