Photo

Questions about using salicylic acid peels AND glycolic acid peels at the same time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 loveisblind1

loveisblind1

Supreme member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

I've been using a 30% glycolic acid peel once a week regularly. If I want to introduce salicylic acid peels into my regimen as well, how often should I use it? What is your experience with using both at the same time. Or should I not use them at the same time. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
missing korea.

"true love is to love the imperfect perfectly"

Everybody loves Raymond. Except Chuck Norris.

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.

View Post

#2 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

Some people switch off. One week use glycolic,one week use salicylic, and so on so forth. This is actually recommended on a peel system on Amazon.

30% glycolic every week? I don't think that's necessary to be honest. You might be overdoing it and not yet realizing it. I'd cut back to once or twice a month. I use to overdo peels and my skin seemed a lot more happy doing them in less frequency.I was doing 15% salicylic every single week, but then my skin started to become thin and dull.

If you're dead-set on doing a weekly peel, get a lower percentage.Your skin doesn't need to become pink every single week to be effective.

Some people get a few deep peels close together, then just do maintenance peels after. Deep peels are effective but should be done by a professional.

Also, protect yourself from the sun...doing a lot of chemicals peels can really mess you up if you don't be careful.
Supplements:
25mg zinc citrate,1g B5(two 500mg caps,one with breakfast and one with dinner),500mg curcumin with biperine,Carlson's fish oil
Day Routine:
Honey/Clay Cleanser (1Tablespoon raw honey,1 tablespoon dry clay,4 Tablespoons water)
ACV Toner (half ACV,half water or green tea)
MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist

Night Routine:
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser
ACV toner
MyChelle Skin Clearing Serum

Trinessa BCP
80%-90% clearer than before,depending on the "monthly terror" and luck
I'm always looking for homemade skincare recipes! Please share yours with me!

#3 loveisblind1

loveisblind1

Supreme member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

Thank you so much for the reply! I'll definitely be looking into the salicylic peels with your help. I've been doing 30% glycolic peels on and off for years. I have some active red marks but will later do a lower percentage later on as you advised. And I probably might cut back my glycolic peels to every other week instead. My skin has built a tolerance to it for the most part.

Also, I'm still not sure if salicylic peels or a deep cleansing mask will be more effective in unclogging my pores.
missing korea.

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.

View Post

#4 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

what are these peels mainly fore?

#5 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (loveisblind1 @ Apr 30 2011, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so much for the reply! I'll definitely be looking into the salicylic peels with your help. I've been doing 30% glycolic peels on and off for years. I have some active red marks but will later do a lower percentage later on as you advised. And I probably might cut back my glycolic peels to every other week instead. My skin has built a tolerance to it for the most part.

Also, I'm still not sure if salicylic peels or a deep cleansing mask will be more effective in unclogging my pores.

I always felt chemical peels did a better job than any mask did, but I did prefer salicylic acid peels to the glycolic for the purpose of refining pores!

My favorite is this : http://www.amazon.co...-...4481&sr=8-1

If you want a good facial mask though, I really recommend Aztec Healing Clay. It's 100% calcium bentonite and you add some apple cider vinegar to turn it into a paste. It's a very potent mask that kind of hurts the first time you use it. It's like a black hole sucking in your face! I wouldn't do it after a peel, but it's the strongest mask I've tried so far. Doesn't seem to dry out my skin despite the crazy potent power.
Supplements:
25mg zinc citrate,1g B5(two 500mg caps,one with breakfast and one with dinner),500mg curcumin with biperine,Carlson's fish oil
Day Routine:
Honey/Clay Cleanser (1Tablespoon raw honey,1 tablespoon dry clay,4 Tablespoons water)
ACV Toner (half ACV,half water or green tea)
MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist

Night Routine:
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser
ACV toner
MyChelle Skin Clearing Serum

Trinessa BCP
80%-90% clearer than before,depending on the "monthly terror" and luck
I'm always looking for homemade skincare recipes! Please share yours with me!

#6 smik

smik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm quoting this from the Salicylic Acid 20% procedure booklet that came with my SA gel peel.

"CAN I ALTERNATE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEELS? Different types of peels can be alternated as long as they are not used too frequently. Allow a week, or as often as individual comfort level and skin tolerance permit, between each application. The exception to this rule is Salicylic, which can be used as a prep for skin immediately before an AHA peel.

To avoid a peel that has penetrated too deep, you must watch your skin and look fo reddening and frosting. If these occur, wait 10-14 days before applying another peel, as this will let new skin regenerate.

Also, it is important to only alternate different types of peels and not different strengths of the same peel. Alternating peel so such as Lactic/50 and Lactic/70 or BHA+ and HQ+ would not be beneficial to your skin."

(from skinlaboratory)

Edited by smik, 02 May 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#7 loveisblind1

loveisblind1

Supreme member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Apr 30 2011, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what are these peels mainly fore?

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I don't have any active pimples on my face but I can feel a good bit of sebum buildup under my skin. That's what I'm hoping the salicylic peels can help me out with. And I have marks left from previous blemishes. Thats what the glycolic is for.

QUOTE (OmegaisJaded @ Apr 30 2011, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want a good facial mask though, I really recommend Aztec Healing Clay.

I looked this item up at makeupalley.com. It got a great rating. it looks really intriguing. I will try to order that. Thanks!

missing korea.

View Post

#8 loveisblind1

loveisblind1

Supreme member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Oh and thanks, smik for the helpful info. =)

missing korea.

View Post