Photo

Anyone on Primal Defense

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2004 - 01:30 PM

They changed it! I am pissed! Itr doesn't seem to have yucca juice in it, and now it has molasses??

Ugh..I am so disappointed. mad.gif

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:32 PM

Maybe that helps the taste..... tongue.gif

PD LITERALLY cured my son's acne. I've been taking it for a year and believe it's a great product.

#3 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Denise2 @ Aug 26 2004, 02:19 PM)
Maybe that helps the taste..... tongue.gif

PD LITERALLY cured my son's acne. I've been taking it for a year and believe it's a great product.

Probably... I heard the powder was enough to beat someone's gag reflexes into shape.
I have been taking this off and on. Since I stopped the BCP I have been breaking out again, so before I go back on it, I am gonna try a higher dose of Primal Defense and see if that helps.

#4 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:18 PM

You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed. bb_icon_twisted.gif

#5 lookingtobeclear

lookingtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:27 PM

What exactly is Primal Defense?

#6 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (emmanuel @ Aug 26 2004, 04:05 PM)
You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic.  bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

Kefir has sugar in it too, as does yogurt.... smile.gif huh.gif

#7 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

That's not the point. I don't like that they changed the formula; they also took out more than one ingredient, and they changed the amount of iron and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.

I am seething mad. bb_icon_twisted.gif

#8 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (emmanuel @ Aug 26 2004, 04:35 PM)
That's not the point. I don't like that they changed the formula; they also took out more than one ingredient, and they changed the amount of iron and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.

I am seething mad.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

Grr!! I hate when companies do that, too!! bb_icon_twisted.gif Maybe you can buy some of the old formula off of Ebay? bb_eusa_think.gif

http://search.ebay.c...rectZ1QQfromZR8

#9 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (emmanuel @ Aug 27 2004, 06:05 AM)
You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic.  bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

why do you say that?

is it that sugar is just a filler and a waste of your money, or does it make the probiotics less effective some how?

#10 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:57 PM

flipside,
Sugar feeds bad bacteria and yeast.... which works counterproductively to what a probiotic is intended to do. Maybe you could write to the company Emma. smile.gif

#11 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:42 PM

Don't get yer knickers in such a knot, ladies. I'm quite sure that there is a logical explanation. Molasses is very high in calcium; I'm not convinced that the amount of molasses will make anyone's candida levels go off the chart. Besides, the powder was truly horrifically nasty....they may have done it for the taste, which is why I made my original sarcastic comment about it.

Everyone stay cool...there probably isn't enough molasses to do any harm; there are too many other ingredients in there to let this make you a play-uh hate-uh on that cute Jordan Rubens.....just saw his fine self on t.v. tonight..... bb_eusa_angel.gif smile.gif

#12 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:30 PM

I don't care how cute he is...I'm mad at him right now. They took out the yucca juice and one other thing too--explain that!

I don't use the powder, I use the capsules. They don't have to change the taste for capsules.

SV- I went on their website and tried to email them, but it isn't working. I'm sure I am not the only upset person.

I doubt it will be as effective as it was.

#13 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:46 PM

I always read that probiotics should contain only one or two or maximum of three strains of bacteria and it should come in a dark glass bottle in the refrigerated section of the store so i really don't know about these. i was taking them but didn't see much difference unless i wasn't taking enough. i have switched back to natren's megadophilus and i am looking into their bifido factor too.

denise- how much was ur son taking to clear his acne?

#14 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:42 AM

Emma....good grief....calm down. I was only trying to bring some light heartedness to the topic. If you're so mad, give the company a call. I take the capsules TOO, but they use the same formulation for both the capsules and the powder. Are you taking the capsules for the HSO's, or the yucca? blink.gif

I take them for the HSO's myself. I still don't understand your outrage and anger. Tons of people take HSO's for candida treatment. I'm pretty darn sure that they wouldn't change the formulation just to tick people off. Plus, like I said, since the main content of the pills is the HSO's, then the small amount of molasses shouldn't make that much difference, and certainly shouldn't send anyone's candida off the chart. However, it might make a difference in the taste of the powder, I dunno.

Contact the company for an explanation. I'm sure they have one.

#15 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:45 AM

Gymrat: Primal Defense isn't a probiotic in the strictest sense. It's much, much, more powerful. Just do a google and you'll find tons of information. My son took 7 capsules a day for a few months. He might get a tiny whitehead every few weeks, but when he started, he had 6 big zits around his nose and in between his eyes. He doesn't even break out there anymore.

#16 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Denise2 @ Aug 27 2004, 06:29 AM)
Emma....good grief....calm down.

Geez, Denise. Emma started this thread to vent.....so let her vent. I totally agree with and understand her frustration. It sucks when you find a product you like and then they change it.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

#17 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:37 PM

Uuuuummmmmm....I am just trying to keep her complaint in proper perspective. If her concern is candida, I was only trying to make the point that the molasses addition probably won't effect candida at all. There probably isn't enough to make any drastic changes to the product. The product's HSO's are why people take it.

In other words, I'm just pointing out that the original reason for taking the product in the first place hasn't changed-that's the hso's. In other words, I was just trying to help. I'm not trying to stifle her complaint, I'm just saying: But the product's main draw, the hso's aren't altered. And furthermore, I'm not sure that the minute amount of molasses added to the product would make it any less effective, or would have any baring on candida; matter of fact, I would say that it wouldn't, because particularly with the pills, you're not getting that much of the other ingredients. Since I take the product too, I know all about it.

Then, I was just trying to be light-hearted, that's all.

I mean, she can get mad, I guess I don't understand why. Now if they changed the hso content, I would be just as outraged and angry.

#18 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

what is hso?

#19 Trinity45

Trinity45

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:45 PM

HSO = Home soil organism. I'm currently taking 1 tablet of primal defense just right before bed with a glass of water. The cost is really putting a dent in my wallet, anyone know if there's another good type of probiotics?

#20 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Denise2 @ Aug 27 2004, 07:24 PM)
Uuuuummmmmm....I am just trying to keep her complaint in proper perspective.  If her concern is candida, I was only trying to make the point that the molasses addition probably won't effect candida at all.  There probably isn't enough to make any drastic changes to the product.  The product's HSO's are why people take it. 

In other words, I'm just pointing out that the original reason for taking the product in the first place hasn't changed-that's the hso's.  In other words, I was just trying to help.  I'm not trying to stifle her complaint, I'm just saying:  But the product's main draw, the hso's aren't altered.  And furthermore, I'm not sure that the minute amount of molasses added to the product would make it any less effective, or would have any baring on candida; matter of fact, I would say that it wouldn't, because particularly with the pills, you're not getting that much of the other ingredients.  Since I take the product too, I know all about it.

Then, I was just trying to be light-hearted, that's all.

I mean, she can get mad, I guess I don't understand why.  Now if they changed the hso content, I would be just as outraged and angry.

First, I have to say the only reason I posted this topic was to alert others about the changes. I assumed others might want to know. If I had known it was going to cause so much strife, believe me, I wouldn't have posted it at all. I was just trying to help.

I am not just upset about the molasses--that was only one thing they changed about the formula. Maybe you didn't see it in my post, but they took away another ingredient besides the yucca juice, and they added more ingredients besides the molasses. In fact, they changed the whole formula. Why am I upset? Because it all works synergestically, that's why. It bothers me they changed the product, and in my eyes made it less effective, while charging the same outrageous price. If they had just added molasses I wouldn't be so charged. Just so you know, molasses is the first ingredient listed in front of six additional ingredients--most of which weren't there before, or just weren't listed...

Bottom line, like Tracy said, when you like a product you don't like it when they change it on you.

I tried contacting them, but to no avail. Oh, they changed how they classify the HSO's, so I am not sure if they are in the same amount or not. Instead of CFU's it is classified in milligrams(610). They added more iron, etc...keep your old bottle and compare it to your new one.

I hope you are right and it works as well. bb_doubt.gif