Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone on Primal Defense

33 posts in this topic

They changed it! I am pissed! Itr doesn't seem to have yucca juice in it, and now it has molasses??

Ugh..I am so disappointed. mad.gif

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

Maybe that helps the taste..... tongue.gif

PD LITERALLY cured my son's acne. I've been taking it for a year and believe it's a great product.

Maybe that helps the taste..... tongue.gif

PD LITERALLY cured my son's acne. I've been taking it for a year and believe it's a great product.

You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed. bb_icon_twisted.gif

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic.  bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

That's not the point. I don't like that they changed the formula; they also took out more than one ingredient, and they changed the amount of iron and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.

I am seething mad. bb_icon_twisted.gif

That's not the point. I don't like that they changed the formula; they also took out more than one ingredient, and they changed the amount of iron and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.

I am seething mad.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

You shouldn't put anything with sugar in a probiotic.  bb_icon_rolleyes.gif I am so pissed.  bb_icon_twisted.gif

flipside,

Sugar feeds bad bacteria and yeast.... which works counterproductively to what a probiotic is intended to do. Maybe you could write to the company Emma. smile.gif

Don't get yer knickers in such a knot, ladies. I'm quite sure that there is a logical explanation. Molasses is very high in calcium; I'm not convinced that the amount of molasses will make anyone's candida levels go off the chart. Besides, the powder was truly horrifically nasty....they may have done it for the taste, which is why I made my original sarcastic comment about it.

Everyone stay cool...there probably isn't enough molasses to do any harm; there are too many other ingredients in there to let this make you a play-uh hate-uh on that cute Jordan Rubens.....just saw his fine self on t.v. tonight..... bb_eusa_angel.gifsmile.gif

I don't care how cute he is...I'm mad at him right now. They took out the yucca juice and one other thing too--explain that!

I don't use the powder, I use the capsules. They don't have to change the taste for capsules.

SV- I went on their website and tried to email them, but it isn't working. I'm sure I am not the only upset person.

I doubt it will be as effective as it was.

I always read that probiotics should contain only one or two or maximum of three strains of bacteria and it should come in a dark glass bottle in the refrigerated section of the store so i really don't know about these. i was taking them but didn't see much difference unless i wasn't taking enough. i have switched back to natren's megadophilus and i am looking into their bifido factor too.

denise- how much was ur son taking to clear his acne?

MY ROUTINE

AM

1) wash with paula's choice normal to oily cleanser

2) Napca mist from twinlab or the one from nuskin and spray many times to get a good layer of moisture.

3)Avalon organics revitalizing eye gel

4)Cory Minerals (I've found that the secret to cory is to use ur brush to really swirl it around to grind the powder down even finer than it is and then to tap off the excess and start off with thin layers and build.) i also will take a concealer brush and dab it on certain areas that i need to cover up more thickly and then use a bronzer with a big bronzer brush to blend. ( i use estee lauder bronze goddess). i use bronzer all over and this seems to even out everything.

5)Aquaphor for lips.

PM

1)Same PC N/O

2b)some nights I mask with aspirin mixed with milk of magnesia and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask in nose and chin area - to make mask i use a small spray bottle with distilled water that i always keep in my bathroom and i take about 8 aspirin in the palm of my hand and spray and mush with my fingers until it is a thick paste. i then add a drop of MOM and put a small amount of neut. clear pore cleanser mask. don't use mask every night.

3)Aubrey organics Vegecol toner

4)Spot treat w/ prosacea gel

5)same on eyes and lips as AM

Emma....good grief....calm down. I was only trying to bring some light heartedness to the topic. If you're so mad, give the company a call. I take the capsules TOO, but they use the same formulation for both the capsules and the powder. Are you taking the capsules for the HSO's, or the yucca? blink.gif

I take them for the HSO's myself. I still don't understand your outrage and anger. Tons of people take HSO's for candida treatment. I'm pretty darn sure that they wouldn't change the formulation just to tick people off. Plus, like I said, since the main content of the pills is the HSO's, then the small amount of molasses shouldn't make that much difference, and certainly shouldn't send anyone's candida off the chart. However, it might make a difference in the taste of the powder, I dunno.

Contact the company for an explanation. I'm sure they have one.

Gymrat: Primal Defense isn't a probiotic in the strictest sense. It's much, much, more powerful. Just do a google and you'll find tons of information. My son took 7 capsules a day for a few months. He might get a tiny whitehead every few weeks, but when he started, he had 6 big zits around his nose and in between his eyes. He doesn't even break out there anymore.

Uuuuummmmmm....I am just trying to keep her complaint in proper perspective. If her concern is candida, I was only trying to make the point that the molasses addition probably won't effect candida at all. There probably isn't enough to make any drastic changes to the product. The product's HSO's are why people take it.

In other words, I'm just pointing out that the original reason for taking the product in the first place hasn't changed-that's the hso's. In other words, I was just trying to help. I'm not trying to stifle her complaint, I'm just saying: But the product's main draw, the hso's aren't altered. And furthermore, I'm not sure that the minute amount of molasses added to the product would make it any less effective, or would have any baring on candida; matter of fact, I would say that it wouldn't, because particularly with the pills, you're not getting that much of the other ingredients. Since I take the product too, I know all about it.

Then, I was just trying to be light-hearted, that's all.

I mean, she can get mad, I guess I don't understand why. Now if they changed the hso content, I would be just as outraged and angry.

HSO = Home soil organism. I'm currently taking 1 tablet of primal defense just right before bed with a glass of water. The cost is really putting a dent in my wallet, anyone know if there's another good type of probiotics?

Uuuuummmmmm....I am just trying to keep her complaint in proper perspective.  If her concern is candida, I was only trying to make the point that the molasses addition probably won't effect candida at all.  There probably isn't enough to make any drastic changes to the product.  The product's HSO's are why people take it. 

In other words, I'm just pointing out that the original reason for taking the product in the first place hasn't changed-that's the hso's.  In other words, I was just trying to help.  I'm not trying to stifle her complaint, I'm just saying:  But the product's main draw, the hso's aren't altered.  And furthermore, I'm not sure that the minute amount of molasses added to the product would make it any less effective, or would have any baring on candida; matter of fact, I would say that it wouldn't, because particularly with the pills, you're not getting that much of the other ingredients.  Since I take the product too, I know all about it.

Then, I was just trying to be light-hearted, that's all.

I mean, she can get mad, I guess I don't understand why.  Now if they changed the hso content, I would be just as outraged and angry.

As I understand it, a probiotic formula is designed to populate the intestinal flora with a variety of beneficial bacteria. As such, it contains several strains of live bacteria. I wonder why it is necessary to take so many capsules? The recommended dose is something like 3 capsules every day. There must be millions of individual bacteria in each capsule. As everyone knows, a single bacterium, in a favorable environment, will multiply by dividing, rapidly becoming a colony of millions of bacteria. So, unless the bacteria in a probiotic formula are rapidly killed off in the intestine, it should not be necessary to take several capsules a day, every day.

I haven't tried taking a probiotic, but if I did, I think I would start by taking one capsule a week, and see if there are beneficial results. Of course, the vendor who sells probiotic capsules would like you to use up the bottle quickly and order another, but I think taking that many capsules may be totally unnecessary. Taking that into account, the amount of molasses in one capsule is probably trivial, if you're taking only one capsule now and then, instead of several every day.

I would not expect any bacterial species that is quickly killed off in the intestine to be beneficial anyway. The immune system has evolved to kill off the harmful bacteria and spare the beneficial ones. You could probably get the same benefit of a probiotic formula by going out to your garden and eating dirt, but most people would consider that unsanitary. So, instead they buy expensive bottles of encapsulated germs, and eat that instead.

I noticed that some of the bacterial species in Primal Defense are the same ones in yogurt. So, you could eat that, but not too much, because the lactose in dairy products is a sugar which can cause acne.

Emma, I was only trying to help. You were NOT causing strife. I understood where you were coming from. I guess that since yucca was the last ingredient on the "poten-zyme" ingredients list, I didn't think that it was a big deal that it was removed. I understand the synergestic nature of how these these things work together, I just wasn't that bothered by it. Like I said, I personally didn't feel that they had changed the formula so much that it effected the hso's or how the body metabolized them.

I'm sorry if I offended you by trying to inject lightheartedness into the topic, but I guess I just had an entirely different view of this.

Steve: Probiotics are entirely different than homeostatic soil microorganisms.

There may only be 2 reasons for this,

cost and effectivity OR

"the company's benefit" and "ours"

OR maybe both

There may only be 2 reasons for this,

cost and effectivity OR

"the company's benefit" and "ours"