5 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:43 AM

I am interested in knowing how hot climates like summer in Australia worsen the acne condition. I believe that optimum living environment temperature 23-26 degree C, good bowel movements and stools in early morning, some exercise, drinking plently of water., avoiding cars and petrochemical fumes, strong sunlight should help considerably in solving the problem.

Stress is another factor among the known causes along with the problem of body heat.

Any comments?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:58 AM

I dont think our body is THAT weak tongue.gif
I say let me never be complete,
I say may I never be content,
I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,
I say deliver me from clever arts,
I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,
I say you have to give up,
I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.
--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

#3 lookingtobeclear

lookingtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:11 AM

Hi Mel,

I live in the sweltering south of the southern U.S.

We have strong heat and high humidity - and yes, it does affect my acne quite a bit. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember how to compare celsius versus fahrenheit - I think 23c is around 70-75f - if so, then yes that is a good temp. But our summers are more like 95-100f with 100% humidity. Extremely stifling.

I've had several opportunities to be around areas that are more desert like - say Arizona - where the temps are incredibly high but the humidity is non-existent. My skin responds MUCH better without humidity. The desert heat there is so strong that as soon as you sweat, it evaporates.

Where I live - it's so humid that I can walk out the door to my car and I'll feel sticky before I can even get into my car. Doing things like gardening or cutting the grass ensures a break out of acne - even if I go in and shower or cleanse my face as soon as possible.

How humid is it where you are? When I lived by the ocean, we still had humidity but my acne was not nearly as bad. Just another reason for me to consider living by a coastal city again... smile.gif

#4 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

Where I live, we have cold winters and hot summers. I've noticed acne is more of a problem in summer. I think it's because the colder temperatures of winter cause me to burn more calories, to maintain body temperature. I have to lower my caloric intake at the onset of summer, to help prevent acne.

#5 elm_faerie

elm_faerie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

Interesting topic. A few months ago I moved from a samll not very hot town to a big extremely hot city, and it has definitely affected my skin in a horrible way. The air is way less clean and it gets to be 95-110 Ferenheight (sp?) here. I hate it, I'm hoping to move somewhere nice and cold and rainy soon...

#6 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (lookingtobeclear @ Aug 27 2004, 07:58 AM)
Hi Mel,

I live in the sweltering south of the southern U.S.

We have strong heat and high humidity - and yes, it does affect my acne quite a bit. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember how to compare celsius versus fahrenheit - I think 23c is around 70-75f - if so, then yes that is a good temp. But our summers are more like 95-100f with 100% humidity. Extremely stifling.

I've had several opportunities to be around areas that are more desert like - say Arizona - where the temps are incredibly high but the humidity is non-existent. My skin responds MUCH better without humidity. The desert heat there is so strong that as soon as you sweat, it evaporates.

Where I live - it's so humid that I can walk out the door to my car and I'll feel sticky before I can even get into my car. Doing things like gardening or cutting the grass ensures a break out of acne - even if I go in and shower or cleanse my face as soon as possible.

How humid is it where you are? When I lived by the ocean, we still had humidity but my acne was not nearly as bad. Just another reason for me to consider living by a coastal city again... smile.gif

Hi lookingtobeclear,

I have a strong suspicion that the medical community does not want us to understand the real cause of acne.

The skin is the largest organ of the body and has several important functions. These functions include protecting us from the external environment and regulating body temperature.

Yes I have experienced the worst acne breakouts in the hot summer season when the temperature goes to around 30-40 degree C.

Our body is a regulator, a closed loop feedback system always trying to maintain and regulate a constant temperature.

When the feedback system reaches its limits it has to do something drastic.

Different people have different saturation limits i.e the maximum range the body can regulate given changing temperature conditions. The internal heat in a teenagers body is high and hence boundry limits of regulation are exceeded for some individuals.

Similarly the external environment heat can also push the limits of regulation to saturation or booundary conditions and hence summer causes the worst breakouts. Hormones may also be responsible for upsetting the temperature feedback mechanism.

ALSO THERE IS A DIRECT LINK BETWEEN DIET AND ACNE

In cooked food many of the vitamins and minerals have been destroyed and virtually all of the enzymes, this means the body has to work even harder to digest and absorb what nutrition is left.

Increasing temperature causes exponential increase in the rate of chemical reations. When food is heated, the rate of reactions of degradation and oxidation of nutrients increases dramatically. As a result, we consume fewer nutrients and more acne aggravating free radicals.

I am trying to investigate these problems in more depth.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users