vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid zinc

1 reply to this topic

#1 lmontgom

lmontgom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

I've suffered from mild/moderate acne for 10 years (23/F), and a friend of my mom's recently suggested a regimen that apparently worked wonders for her teenage son. It consists of Zinc, Pantothenic Acid, and a Rainbow Light Teen Multivitamin. I've been using Differin .1% cream for a little over 3 months (and I recently began applying it twice a day about a week ago) with minimal results, and I'm supposed to begin Accutane (this will be my 3rd round) in a month. Since Accutane is really a last resort for me, as nothing else has ever seemed to work, I was wondering if anyone has tried this combination and, if so, if it's been successful. I'm pretty wary of beginning a vitamin regimen since it can't be sustained for a prolonged period of time, but I'm willing to try this if it works. It seems a little fishy to me, especially since a "Teen Multivitamin" is involved and I'm 23, so I would also appreciate any info from those of you who are no longer teenagers (but any advice is welcome!!)

#2 wheezle

wheezle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Try it, but don't expect any fantastic results. I think zinc helps, I think pantothenic acid helps some (more likely if oily skin is a problem), and I don't know about the "teen multivitamin."

I, for one, have spent hundreds of dollars on vitamin supplements. Never "worked wonders."
Posted ImageGRAMMATICUS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users