canada oily skin

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jhobbs93

Jhobbs93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

I've been using Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser and SPF 15 Moisturizer for awhile now - nothing to actually fight acne. I think I should jump on the BP Bandwagon but I'm not really sure where to start... what products should I be looking for? Hopefully something in Shopper's or Walmart or something as I can't order anything.

I've read Spectrogel/Oxy something/Cetaphil 5% BP... I'm not sure what to try. Any tips?

Oh random question... is it bad to use SPF 15 Moisturizer at night? Should I get a different one for the night time?

#2 nicklol1

nicklol1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'm also looking for a new regime now that I need to find a job, I've been using cetaphil cleanser and spf 15 moisturizer and those definitely aren't working at all... I've been reading on this site and it seems like the Spectro Cleanser + Spectro BP + Spectro Hydracare are good? I guess I am going to get that as Im not too sure where else to look for a new regime. If anyone else has any other suggestions they would be appreciated...Thanks!

#3 LuciaC

LuciaC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

Spectro didn't work out so well for me - the moisturizer does not moisturize enough to keep my skin from drying out due to BP.

Spectro cleanser, on the other hand, was alright. A bit thicker than Dan's cleanser, but I think it was mild.

Are you not considering buying from Dan?

#4 Didem

Didem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

I wanna buy from Dan as well but I dunno how it would work since I live in Canada. Would it take too long?

#5 Getting_Clearer

Getting_Clearer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Here's what I bought in Canada that's working....

Cleanser: Clean & Clear, Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin

BP: Solugel4 (4%BP) only available at Shoppers Drug Mart ($18) or Superstore($12), no prescription needed

Moisturizer: Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer

And for the really flakey days buy Desert Essence Jojoba oil, also available at Superstore.

Been using this combination, but following all Dan's rules precisely and I've only ever been this clear when I was on accutane. I think you'll have great luck with this combo, haven't tried Dan's products yet, but plan to!

ps.. spectro gel has never ever worked for me.

#6 Twixie20

Twixie20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

I live in the Toronto area and I use Spectro cleanser which seems to be available at any Shoppers or really any drug store in the area, and I would assume it's available throughout Canada as well. I like it because it's mild, it does not smell and it is good for sensitive skin. It doesn't foam though but this has never bothered me. I use it twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night.

After cleansing my face at night I wait about 15 minutes and then I apply Differin (adapalene) 0.1% gel. I was prescribed this by my doctor. Used long term, it really helps to control acne break outs, but it must be used on a regular basis to maintain it's effectiveness. It has pretty good reviews on here from what I've read and my experience with it has been positive, so you might want to look into that. When I first started out on it, it didn't dry out my skin like BP can.

If I do get a zit? I apply Dan's 2.5% BP on it in the morning. Then at night I apply Spectro AcneCare Vanishing Lotion to the blemish and it's usually gone within two days. Don't use this stuff as regular BP though, it turns to a white paste so you can only use it at night for spot treatment, which it's really good for. It's available at Shoppers.

My regular moisturizer is Dan's moisturizer. Before that I used the Spectro moisturizer but as Lucia C said, it doesn't seem to moisturize well, plus I thought it was really greasy so I stuck to Dan's. The best alternative to Dan's available in Canada is Cetaphil.

Edited by Twixie20, 11 February 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users