Photo

Digestion issues

vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b1 vitamin b12 probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

HOLY SSHSHNIKES!! CLYDE "the Glide" DREXLER.

#22 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (vegangirl @ Apr 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jokerj @ Apr 20 2011, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DejaClaireVoyant @ Apr 16 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I would have said the same thing years ago. I thought that because I was going to the bathroom everyday that everything must be fine. It turned out my gut was full of holes and I was absorbing almost nothing. And that I was constipated. I still am working on that issue. You can be constipated and still moving your bowels daily.

How do you know you're constipated when your bowels are moving regularly?

Eat a food you wil be able to see in your stool. A few swigs of beet juice, eat carrots, or sweet potatoes because will show a distinct color. Or you can use the obvious one: corn. Corn is not always reliable because sometimes you will not be able to find any and then after a few days you start to panic. smile.gif

Deja made a very good point, your bowels may be moving, but you may not be assimilating the nutrients. smile.gif

wait, how does this test constipation? what is one looking for, exactly? sorry, a bit confused

#23 vegangirl

vegangirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (jokerj @ Apr 24 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (vegangirl @ Apr 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jokerj @ Apr 20 2011, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DejaClaireVoyant @ Apr 16 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I would have said the same thing years ago. I thought that because I was going to the bathroom everyday that everything must be fine. It turned out my gut was full of holes and I was absorbing almost nothing. And that I was constipated. I still am working on that issue. You can be constipated and still moving your bowels daily.

How do you know you're constipated when your bowels are moving regularly?

Eat a food you wil be able to see in your stool. A few swigs of beet juice, eat carrots, or sweet potatoes because will show a distinct color. Or you can use the obvious one: corn. Corn is not always reliable because sometimes you will not be able to find any and then after a few days you start to panic. smile.gif

Deja made a very good point, your bowels may be moving, but you may not be assimilating the nutrients. smile.gif

I apologize for not being clearer. By eating a food in a certain meal that you can identify in your stool, you will be able to tell the approximate transit time of your digestive system.

For example, if you eat a lot of spinach for dinner and you see lots of green in your stool two days later, that means it took 2 days for the spinach to be digested and passed through your body.

I think as long as the transit time is under 24 hours, you should be ok. Some people argue it should even shorter than that.

wait, how does this test constipation? what is one looking for, exactly? sorry, a bit confused

#24 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

thanks!

#25 Justwater

Justwater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

I don't know if I have leaky gut. I do not have any symptoms other than acne. I do not have any reactions after eating ANY food. No stomach aches, nothing.