Photo

self subcision

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

This just doesn't seem very smart. I understand people get desperate when trying to find treatment for their acne scars but c'mon people. Subcision is cheap in terms of acne scar treatments. Just go get a certified professional to do it. Don't risk further damaging your face just to save some money.

Couldn't agree with you more... but good luck to those going against this advice anyway!

#22 vincent168

vincent168

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I hope when you guys are doing self subcision you are not referring to something like this:

Because that is quite an evasive procedure. However if you are just using a single needle to break up the scar tissue underneath you are doing something similar to just the normal needling procedure.

#23 houtexjoe

houtexjoe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Vincent168: it's similar to that, but not quite as aggressive. I think they're using a 18g Nokor needle in that video. I'm just using a 21g hypodermic needle. With a little practice, it's not very hard or dangerous as long as everything is sterile.

Edited by houtexjoe, 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#24 vincent168

vincent168

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Well, how'd you find it any did you get any results?

#25 houtexjoe

houtexjoe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

It takes time, sometimes several months to see the full results from subcision. I'm still learning how to do it, but as far as I can tell, I haven't done anything wrong. I'm just trying it on a couple spots every now and then and doing suction afterwards. Results are pending...

If anyone tries to do this themselves, please be very careful and make sure everything is sterile. If you have the money, it would be wise to have a professional do it for you.

Edited by houtexjoe, 20 December 2012 - 05:23 PM.