magnesium fish oil zinc vegetarian phenol aha alpha hydroxy acid depression

4 replies to this topic

#1 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hey peeps, my name is Michelle. I have just turned 20 not too long ago. I used to have super amazing complexion that my friends always talk about. They always ask me: Michelle how do you get such nice skin?

Well, truth is, my skin has not been that nice. When I was 9, I had tonnes of blackheads on my nose. For a 9 year old, that's pretty scary. My mom felt strange that I had blackheads at such a young age! So, I used clean and clear products up until I turned 14, when I first got my period. I switched to some other product called bio-essence. When I turned 15, things got slightly worst. I started having papules on my nose! So I started using exuviance by neostrata to help control things. I also did mega loads of facial extractions. Slowly, my skin turned better. I had perfect complexion.

When I was 16, things got a little stressful due to high school. When I was 17, stress became difficult on me. 17 was the year I got an eating disorder. I continued having perfect skin. I sort of dragged myself out from the disorder and was face with lots of pimples on my forehead. It was so bad that I cried. I used stronger products like AHA 10 percent for spot treatment. These things saved me. When I was 19, my complexion went back to the usual "perfect" condition in spite of my serious depression, serious insomnia (living on 3 hours of sleep is not good), and anxiety from assignments.

Then I started going vegan because buying meat is too expensive and I realize that I do not like the taste of non-organic meat. Organic meat is really expensive for a student like me! For those of you who are considering going vegetarian, please don't! You will lose zinc. Also, I drank so much of soy milk! Zinc is inhibited by soy protein. Eventually, the worst came.

I had lots of whiteheads on my forehead and cheeks. Like hundreds of them! Thankfully, most are not visible to the naked eye but the ones on my forehead are. So I did tonnes of extractions but they did not work this time! Those bumps keep coming back.

Once in for all, I have decided to google up ACNE and am faced with millions of ways to get rid of them. I chose to deal with it holistically. By taking different vitamins.

The following is what I take daily:

- 2 x 12 mg grapeseed extract (160mg of polyphenols)
-2 x 1000 mg evening primrose oil + fish oil
-1 x 15 mg of zinc + 2500 iu vit a + 18 mg of magnesium + vit b6
-1x 15 mg of zinc + 500 mg echinaea + 200 mg calendula (occasionally)
-1 x 1000mg of vit d3

Yes, that's a whole load of stuff. I've took them for only 3 weeks so far. And there are changes. I feel less anxious, less depressed and certainly more alert.

So people, wish me luck!

Pictures after extractions. This is a good indicator on how bad my skin is. tongue.gif

IMG_0883.jpg

Generally, if you were to see me in real life, you would not be able to see anything! Except for a few inflamed dots on my forehead. smile.gif

My skin is still that bad now minus the fact that nothing new has been growing for two weeks. biggrin.gif

Edited by micheniche, 31 March 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#2 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Today, I'm going to get facial extractions. I'm afraid but at the same time, I have to get rid of those nasty whiteheads. Hopefully, things will turn for the better.

Sigh.

#3 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:36 AM

So I went for a facial extraction. I was told to get a chemical peel and microdermabrasion (second time in two different places!). My heart is wavering. Should I get a microdermabrasion? I am afraid.
I googled up silkpeel and found a place not far from where I live with silkpeel. Might give that a go. But it's going to be pricey.

Not sure with how my mom will react with my idea of getting silkpeel. My white bumps are more significant after the facial. All that steaming seems to bring those ugly things to surface. I truly dislike the look of my face at the moment... But the good side is, the blackheads are gone.

#4 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

I had a sob fest today over my skin. The facial is not working that well because I woke up with an inflamed nose. Like angry red. Yelled at my parents over long distance phone. I rarely get so upset but my dad's poor understanding of my condition is not helping. At least my sister, who lives with me gave me a hug. Made me feel a million bucks.

My tongue got numb today for some strange reason. Due to anger? I decided that I must stop taking zinc.

#5 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

My red spots grew. Ate no meat today because of a porky sunday yesterday. Hello.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users