Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i didn't use retin-a and i have a chemical peel scheduled for thursday

5 posts in this topic

i'm so stupid, i didn't use retin-A 6 weeks prior, and i'm having my chemical (hetter/phenol) peel/dermabrasion tomorrow! :( i want to kick myself in the head. the doctor didn't discuss it with me or give me a prescription so i didn't think that i needed it... but after i read through my 'instructions' today, it said that i was supposed to have started using it weeks ago.

do you guys think i'll be ok? will i heal alright?

I've never had a hetter/phenol peel before so I can't speak from experience but, I think you'll be fine. I know some people have said using retin-a AFTER a peel can make the results better. However, I also know retin-a is used prior to procedures to kind of prep the skin for less pigmentation complications. If you are fair skinned it shouldn't matter.

If the doctor didn't give it to you, then you probably don't need it. Don't worry about the instructions so much as they are usually just templates. I am 100% sure you will heal fine.

i'm so stupid, i didn't use retin-A 6 weeks prior, and i'm having my chemical (hetter/phenol) peel/dermabrasion tomorrow! :( i want to kick myself in the head. the doctor didn't discuss it with me or give me a prescription so i didn't think that i needed it... but after i read through my 'instructions' today, it said that i was supposed to have started using it weeks ago.

do you guys think i'll be ok? will i heal alright?

thanks for the reassurance. and yes, i have extremely fair skin... ("ivory 1" foundation looks orange on me.) fuck yeah i'm fair. and i hate being in the sun, so... win.

thanks for the reassurance. and yes, i have extremely fair skin... ("ivory 1" foundation looks orange on me.) fuck yeah i'm fair. and i hate being in the sun, so... win.