vitamin b fish oil zinc gluten candida probiotic oily skin

214 replies to this topic

#21 snaps98

snaps98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

Do they make a fiber in pill form that your can recommend?

#22 chensg

chensg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:1) bodybuilding 2) trading

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

i had recently suspected exercises help to prevent acne too. this worse period of acne break out i have only came when i stopped working out for a month, previously i wouldnt say it was good but it wasnt RIDICULOUS. my derm said there isnt any correlation, but im not buying it. didnt they said fried food dont cause acne? bullocks! i am starting to work out again, hopefully all these muthafarkers can go away soon, they are really affecting my lifestyle. damn suckers...i would pay $100 for 1 zit to be zap off for good god willing.
Current Regimen: 0.1% Differin daily before bedtime.

Accutane (started April 13 2011): 1st Month: 10mg/day, 2nd Month: 20mg/day, 3rd Month: 30 mg/day, 4th Month - Present: 40 mg/day

Food:
Trying to cut down on fried food. Lots of water.

Supplements: Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar.

Face Wash: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Max 3x/day) + NIVEA Men Oil Control Moisturizer post-wash + Apple Cider Vinegar Toner + Baking Soda Mask on alternate days

Lifestyle: Works out 2x a week. Bedtime before 1am. 8 Hrs of sleep.

Vist my Accutane Log/Journal!

I don't ask for much, but i just want to wake up in the mirror and see a clear faced me. That hasn't happen for the past 11 years

#23 Prekktonn

Prekktonn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

I suffered a huge breakout the other week while I was sick as hell. I don't know if my weakened immune system let acne go nuts or what, but it happened. Anyway, I've since cut out all sugar, and started on your regimen focusing on digestive health. So far my skin is improving a lot. Don't know if it's just me getting better or what, but something is working. I really hope once I have a better digestive balance going on I can moderately eat some of those things I have given up in hopes of getting clear.

I love to workout as much as you. You said you switched to egg only protein powder. Which one? I CRAVE protein shake daily. Love those things. I've been taking Myofusion, but I feel like there's just too much whey in that for me to handle.

Anyway, great post, and I like the route your taking.

#24 raiderdood

raiderdood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

Letting you guys know that I will be starting this regimen tomorrow. I had already suspected my internals being unhealthy because of past antibiotics and not enough BM per day as someone who eats a crap ton of protein and carbs. As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones. I've always taken an external approach with topicals and cleansers but after thousands of dollars wasted, this regimen seems only logical.

I am 99% clear with a BP regimen but I'm getting tired of putting this crap on my face. I will incorporate a probiotic/fiber regimen while continuing BP and week by week I will slowly let off the BP usage to gauge progress. I will try to update everyone as much as I can. smile.gif

#25 agileox

agileox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

I have to thank BigPhil for posting this, it does seem to be working.

After just 2 days, I already stopped breaking out and I feel a lot better physically. Previously, I had been able to tear up the gym for 80-90 minutes after work and still have plenty of energy to cook a full dinner, do chores etc. all the way up until bed time. As of late, I had been feeling like crap, feeling drained and breaking out constantly. I also had several BM's per day.

Anyway, I will post again after 2 weeks and let you guys know, but if you are symptomatic like described above, give this a try.

Here's what I've been using:

AM:

Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate 10 Probiotic
Supra Fruit Fiber, Super Fruit Fiber Formula
Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3 Gel Caps, 1000mg

Wash face gently, just use St. Ive's Green Tea scrub

PM

with dinner

Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3
Zinc (30mg)
Multi

about 90-120 minutes post dinner:

Probiotic again

Throughout the day, I take in around 96-128 oz of water (3/4-1 gallon). It's not hard, just remove all juices, sodas etc. from your diet and replace with water. Juice is ok in small quantities. Othe than that, the Supra fiber is only 20% of what you should take in, my cereal (Kashi Go Lean) is another 30%, vegetables and vegetable juices account for the difference. I might start taking the PM Probiotic with another serving of fiber.

Anyway, no BP, no putting junk on your face, and I intend to remove the St. Ive's Salicyclic's from my routine altogether.

Let me re-emphasize, it's only been 2 days and I already stopped breaking out as I had the type where I cleared a few every day but also broke out again every day. I will repost at the end of next week. Peace.

edit: oh yea, I started w/ probiotic twice a day right away and I'm only 145#.

Edited by agileox, 08 April 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#26 kino

kino

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (raiderdood @ Apr 6 2011, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Letting you guys know that I will be starting this regimen tomorrow. I had already suspected my internals being unhealthy because of past antibiotics and not enough BM per day as someone who eats a crap ton of protein and carbs. As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones. I've always taken an external approach with topicals and cleansers but after thousands of dollars wasted, this regimen seems only logical.

I am 99% clear with a BP regimen but I'm getting tired of putting this crap on my face. I will incorporate a probiotic/fiber regimen while continuing BP and week by week I will slowly let off the BP usage to gauge progress. I will try to update everyone as much as I can. smile.gif

Yes BP is bad for you, and the moistorisers are ickcckckcky! good idea though man.

only reason i repied is

As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones

things are always more complicated than they seem, genetics is DEFINATLEY a factor, me my bro and my dad have/have had the same acne and people with horribly diets and lifestyles with 0 acne prove suggest geneticss are involved also

man, genetics are involved in everything, pretty much!

but ye i dont know the evidence for hormones exept that acne occurs only after puberty as far as i am aware

A|NYWAY, this sounds great in theory and i think i will be one of those who try this out! ive seeen an improvement in my face after starting supplements, buying a few more wont hurt wink.gif

EVERYONE TRY THIS! EVEN IF IT DOESNT WORK YOU WILL STILL BE HEALTHIER! THE GUY WHO DISCOVERED IT HAS NO MOTIVE OTHER THAN ALTRUISM FOR SHARING THIS WITH US, HE DOES NOT MAKE MONEY FROM IT (yes i believe dan kern is a pretty bad guy for creating a BP (harsh shit) regimen, but he does more than make up for it with this forum!

some info about me:
18 year old guy living in sheffield england! currently using DKR cleanser BP and moisturiser morning and night

my log

#27 kino

kino

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (chensg @ Apr 5 2011, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i had recently suspected exercises help to prevent acne too. this worse period of acne break out i have only came when i stopped working out for a month, previously i wouldnt say it was good but it wasnt RIDICULOUS. my derm said there isnt any correlation, but im not buying it. didnt they said fried food dont cause acne? bullocks! i am starting to work out again, hopefully all these muthafarkers can go away soon, they are really affecting my lifestyle. damn suckers...i would pay $100 for 1 zit to be zap off for good god willing.

breaking any routine is a shock to your system and will be detrimental in one way or another.
some info about me:
18 year old guy living in sheffield england! currently using DKR cleanser BP and moisturiser morning and night

my log

#28 ilynx

ilynx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Just like to chip in and be another person trying this regimen. I've been on antibiotics (tetra and mino) when I was about 15 I think for over a year and my digestion has not been the same. Although I don't think it will kill candida (not 100% sure I have it, will be getting it checked soon) it should help digestion and acne would be an added bonus.

Currently I have been taking:
2x1000mg fish oil since saturday
2x3g of fibre since monday
2x probiotic supplements since tuesday

I know if I cut dairy, refined sugars and limit sexual activities I am quite clear and can control acne- just not for long periods of time. I will limit all these things as well and reintroduce at a later stage.

So far, I only have red marks from last week when I had a big breakout, and spots that looked big on sat have gone small and become tiny whiteheads. I'll update in a week or so wink.gif

#29 unusualchair

unusualchair

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

Seeings as I'm a teenager and I've seen so many people swear by things that have had no effect on my acne, I just kind of skimmed what you wrote. Basically, were you saying to up the fiber?

#30 Lookin4thecure

Lookin4thecure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Great post BigPhil205! I'm new on the forum but I've been on Dan's Regimen for over a year now. Like most people on here, I've spent hundreds of dollars on products for over 15 years. I've recently become a health nut and I workout on avg. 6 days a week. After reading your post and doing some side research I'm convinced this could be my solution. I have purchased the fiber, zinc, probiotics, and fish oil and I'm ready to begin this regimen in the next few days.

I mainly work out first thing when I wake up in the morning. BigPhil, would you have any suggestions on when to take the probiotics and fiber while mixing in a pre-workout, post-workout, and protein? The probiotic says to take on an empty stomach. I'm also beginning to take a protein shake before bed. Any suggestions?

Edited by Lookin4thecure, 06 April 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#31 chensg

chensg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:1) bodybuilding 2) trading

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (kino @ Apr 6 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chensg @ Apr 5 2011, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

breaking any routine is a shock to your system and will be detrimental in one way or another.

couldnt agree more. most of my acne came about when my lifestyle suddenly takes a u turn. or so i noticed.
Current Regimen: 0.1% Differin daily before bedtime.

Accutane (started April 13 2011): 1st Month: 10mg/day, 2nd Month: 20mg/day, 3rd Month: 30 mg/day, 4th Month - Present: 40 mg/day

Food:
Trying to cut down on fried food. Lots of water.

Supplements: Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar.

Face Wash: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Max 3x/day) + NIVEA Men Oil Control Moisturizer post-wash + Apple Cider Vinegar Toner + Baking Soda Mask on alternate days

Lifestyle: Works out 2x a week. Bedtime before 1am. 8 Hrs of sleep.

Vist my Accutane Log/Journal!

I don't ask for much, but i just want to wake up in the mirror and see a clear faced me. That hasn't happen for the past 11 years

#32 henryhg

henryhg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

I am following this regime as well.. I had it with antibiotics.. my skin will get better while on them, but after I am done the acne will come back with a vengeance

Right now my regime is:
- probiotic at morning and late at night
- zinc 30mg with dinner (should I up this to 60 mg? ie two capsules)
- Spirulina (fiber) once or twice a day

I am also really watching my diet: no more/less oily chili (I am asian and LOVE chili), no/less fried foods, more veggies and fruits

Lets hope this improves my skin. Will keep u guys updated

#33 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

Does sound promising ... im a head out to vitaminshoppe tomorrow and buy the products... i was scared protein shakes caused acne for a while lol

#34 kart10

kart10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

After taking 8 months of anti-biotics, I have developed a consistent oral thrush and my acne is worse than ever and does not seem to correlate a lot with my diet except with sugar (processed flours, etc.)

I am getting my set of probiotics and tomorrow and will keep it posted.

Edited by kart10, 08 April 2011 - 07:57 AM.

#35 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (kart10 @ Apr 8 2011, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After taking 8 months of anti-biotics, I have developed a consistent oral thrush and my acne is worse than ever and does not seem to correlate a lot with my diet except with sugar (processed flours, etc.)

I am getting my set of probiotics and tomorrow and will keep it posted.

yea man same here i stopped like 2 years ago takin antibiotics... makes the bacteria immune to it and comes back worse... im buyin probiotic and fiber today... will post up my results

#36 Justwater

Justwater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

I plan on starting this regimen tomorrow. Should I take a probiotic with multiple strains, or would a quality acidophilus supplement be good? Also, I plan on taking a digestive enzyme, when should I take the digestive enzyme? It says with a meal...should I take it right before I start eating, while eating, or right after?

#37 kart10

kart10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

I have received my

Fiber with Omega 3 and
the Probiotics
along with Zinc Glucotate 50mg
today.

I have had about 8 breakouts this past week. I will keep it posted.

#38 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Just because something might not break you out doesn't mean it's good for you or your skin.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#39 SMT12483

SMT12483

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'm a bit confused on what kind of probiotic supplement I should get. This is the website I get all my vitamins from, is what I should get on there or do I need to use a different resource?

http://www.puritan.com/probiotic-672

Thanks!

#40 LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Great post! This is something I've been scouring the Internet for. A true honest and down to earth testimonial for this type of treatment. I'm almost 29 years old and like you said, I'm tired of having skin like a hormone enraged teenager. I've been dealing with skin issues for well over 10 years and haven't found something that just completely eliminates skin problems.I've been recently reading about a holistic approach to skin problems and related articles about Candida.

This post hits the nail on the head in relation to what I've been reading and experiencing. My journey into this method started from looking up products to help dandruff (aside from facial issues). I've used ALL dandruff products to no prevail. Long story short, I found a post in a different forum thread that said to try Nizoral on both hair and face. I tried it and it worked really well for the dandruff and sorta for the face. Nizoral is antifungal, so I continued my research on fungus, yeast and skin problems. This brought me to Candida and digestive issues resulting in skin problems.

I did the "spit test" for Candida and flat out failed it. I spit and pissed on Ph strips and showed my body was too acidic. All this surrounds diet and digestion. So I started a Candida diet (no breads, carbs, sugar, vinegar, anything that can feed the yeast overgrowth). I also started a Probiotic (Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Ultimate Probiotics Formula, 90 VCaps). These are supposed to be good as well. I also been taking supplements: Men's 1 a day, zinc, C, Fish Oil. I'll now have to get the fiber and b complex! I've noticed if I skip the supplements just for one day I can notice it in my skin. I'm going to continue my diet, try to drink more water and incorporate the things that are missing in my current regimen compared to this one. Wishing for the best, thanks and good luck to all who try this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users