#201 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear, and staying that way

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm trying this right now... started with probiotics last night... Ordered the same brand fiber and probiotic, the fiber hasn't come it yet and probably won't for another week, so right now I'm just eating fiber cereal and taking the probiotic...

One thing I've noticed this evening is that acne seems to be coming up on my forehead, a place that has generally been acne-free for the past year or even more. I also got a large painful cyst on my left temple. If probiotics are the cause, well then... a) that was a fast reaction, since I only started taking them last night and b) I hope it's only an initial breakout, since probiotics are pretty much my last attempt at getting clear. It's all hopeless from here on: I've literally tried everything and exhausted my options.

I'm going to keep at it for maybe two weeks? And if after that the new acne hasn't stopped coming in, then maybe I just have a bad reaction to probiotics. Which would suck so much because I was kind of hoping this would be my cure, seeing as how my acne seems to be almost entirely digestive-related.

EDIT: What I'm really hoping is that it's just detox symptoms...

Edited by wombat666, 06 June 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#202 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure Acne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

worst cult thread on this forum disavowing the benefits of ben p

and spreading woodoo magic info

'hey i started eating toilet paper -- and guess want? -- IT WORKS'

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#203 naomi kiarie

naomi kiarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

wow! Am in Kenya,Nairobi...i hpe i do get ths probiotics n fiber locally. I jst stopped using retin A coz it gave such nasty rashes..ive been having acne eva since i was 16..i am now 22 n acne has been the biggest pain on my life..i hope it wil work for me....

#204 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear, and staying that way

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I just want to warn whoever is trying this... be careful with the fiber you use... I started taking psyllium husk and it gave me severe constipation because apparently I was not taking enough water, even though I was drinking in surplus of 4L a day. The constipation resulted in deep, painful acne all around my lip / mouth area, I assume because the toxins that would normally be eliminated through stool were purging through my skin. As soon as I went off psyllium the pimples stopped coming in. I've gone off probiotic supplements since then just to be on the safe side, and now I just drink homemade kefir 2x a day, which I'd been doing for a while prior. Seems to help a bit, but it's no cure. Maybe someday I'll give probiotic supplements another shot, but this time I'll probably take it slower and get my fiber from more wholesome sources (e.g. Raisin Bran... lol)

#205 glyn8988

glyn8988

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

have just ordered mu fiber and probiotics..

i miss going to the gym which my skin wont allow me to do

if this works i litterally find you and worship you for the rest of my life

#206 BlazeXT

BlazeXT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Really glad I came accross this topic.

I took accutane for 6 months last year and finished around November. I've had an acne free 9 months, it's amazing how quickly you forget about acne when it's gone from your life. It's been a great 9 months. I Tried various other antibiotics prior to that over the course of about 5 years. Prior to taking accutane I really worked hard with my diet and did kickboxing so was fit as a fiddle but made no difference so I was desperate.

The past 9 months I'd say I've drank more alcohol and not had as good a diet as usual, as well as less exercise. All bad things I wouldn't usually do when I had acne, I guess it was driving the healthy lean and clean lifestyle..
I thought I was all clear so didn't worry too much, but the last 3 weeks I've had a steady rise of acne again to the point where I'm now "business as usual" with my skin, really small pimples all over my nose and around the nose. Irritated dry skin, worst in the mornings after a shower.

I guess it's a wake up call for myself. I can't eat and drink what I want and I must ensure I'm physically fit as I can be. Acne is my body's way of saying there's something wrong and I believe it now more than ever.

I've always thought that its been diet related, i suffer with an itchy backside whenever it flares up and something just doesn't feel right with my digestive system/bowls. Derms always tell me it's rubbish and that its not diet or gut related. I'm willing to give this a try and hence I've ordered the now products suggested.

As much as accutane worked short term and the derm said I may need to take it several times, I don't like the side effects, although mine were minor, I still had all the general ones which are really annoying, dry lips, dry eyelids, muscle fatigue, tiredness, and the most annoying soft skin that blisters and cuts too easily. Accutane will be the final backup plan if all else fails.

Hope this works for me as it has for others. I will let you all know. Should arrive sometime next week.

#207 alex13

alex13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Interesting.

Let us work together in a [detective way] and find out why probiotics / fiber / zinc seem to cure that guy and cause for some even worse problems.

I`m gonna tell you guys what I know, so you can figure out something :

1. Zinc may cause breakouts for some people ( I don`t know why, might be the type of zinc, etc )

2. Never use probiotics from diary (yoghurt) cause it causes even worse acne

3. Fiber, I would not take the fiber with omegas. (some people have different omega 3 / 6 balances inside their bodies and maybe for some that have unbalances might help but for some even cause more unbalance)

I will try probiotics + fiber for a while, btw. that doesn`t mean I will start working out / sweating/ eating crappy food and say that it doesn`t work. it doesn`t work that way.

Just a hint, these cause breakout for me and many people also :

1. Fruits (any type)

2. Yogurt

3. Omegas ( you must find the right one to balance your omega 3 6 9 system )

4. Some vitamins (b6/b12, zinc / vitamin d / vitamin e known to cure acne might cause breakouts : zinc < i dont know why , vitamin d2 / d3 < dont know either , vitamin e < the oil form capsule contains sunflower oil ! lol )

Edited by alex13, 25 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#208 team510

team510

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

hey, so I know this is a old post but has anyone else had any good results ?

#209 Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dermatology, Beauty Products, make-up, Fashion

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for such a great share, looking forward to try these tricks...Hope they work for me as well

#210 FondBandage

FondBandage

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Does this actually work?  It's an 11 page thread but have been any success with this regime?

#211 team510

team510

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

im not going to lie I jumped on the bandwagon yesterday and bought all the same stuff big phil uses. I will try to do weekly updates. so far after day 1 no difference.

#212 team510

team510

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

so its been around 2 weeks and no change yet...

#213 DrBellz

DrBellz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Do you think this would work for women, ie: hormonal acne? What did your acne look like? Was it on your chin and jawline, or up on your forehead? It sounds like you found your cure and that's fantastic. I'm just trying to figure if it would be good for women/hormonal acne as well. 

Thank you!

-Bellz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users