diane 35

1 reply to this topic

#1 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi. I've been a sufferer of acne since I was 11. I'm 23 now.

I started Diane 35 ED when I was 14. Everything was fine until May of last year when all of a sudden I had extremely messed up periods. They went on for months at a time and I started breaking out EXTREMELY bad, which had not happened to me in years especially since I'd been on an 8 month course of Roaccutane at 17. I'd always have an occasional break out - but now was much worse, especially on one cheek and my chin.

In January of this year I changed from Diane to Norinyl. After 2 months of Norinyl and significant weight gain, my menstrual cycles did not improve. So in mid March I was put on Yaz. My skin had cleared on Norinyl however, which was the only good improvement.

Almost 2 weeks later I have broken out so much on Yaz. I have those enormous, inflammed pimples that don't seem to be forming a white head but are extremely raised and have so much redness and pain around them but they are really deep down. They last for weeks even months, I know they won't disappear soon. I also have gotten a couple of smaller ones, but overall, on my fair complexion it's extremely obvious.

A few weeks ago my skin was normal and now I have at least 15 new marks on my face, which as many of you know is scary when you have lost your clear skin suddenly.

Someone please tell me Yaz gets better with time? I really don't feel like I can wait 6 months or something for results... I'm EXTREMELY scared that I'm getting to a point where if I don't switch pills I may never regain my old skin back.

Someone please offer me advice.

Thanks.

My Skincare Routine

Morning:
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Night:

Remove makeup with Nivea Daily Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes (Fragrance Free)
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Gently scrub face with regular table salt
Wash face with Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash

Shower:

Clean & Clear Deep Action In-Shower Facial Mask

Antibiotics: Doryx 50mg morning and at night

Make up: Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin
Did an 8 month course of Roaccutane in 2003

#2 ElleIsRaddd

ElleIsRaddd

haha.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hey vituperative,
hang in there. I started generic yasmin (a slightly higher dose than yaz, or lower, I forget, but very similar) for moderate acne about a year ago. The first month things got badd, and I mean bad. Worst acne of my life. crazy weird underskin cysts on my chin, large pimples on my cheeks. but then after the second month, my skin was pretty good. Not perfect, I've had on and off mild acne. But much better. So hang in there. it will get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users