Photo

Jessner Peel Vs TCA Complex

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:01 PM

Hi guys.. Well this has been a long difficult rode trying to be satisfied w my skin.. The problem area i am working on now are my temples, which have several superficial scars..

Ive been reading some stuff on both TCA peels in general and Jessners and apparently there is a technique some Dr's use.. Where they apply Jessner to the skin followed by low level TCA, which im assuming is something like the Complex solution which is around 6-8%.. Im really thinking of doing this, but am a bit scared, although i am pretty skilled at home peels now...

I have a question.. DOes anyone know if the TCA at 6% is stronger then the Jessners Solution? If i chicken out im might just stick with TCA only..Depending on which solution is stronger..

But this combo Jessner and TCA seems very interesting.. ANy help would be great, and ill keep you posted on my results...

Stay strong everyone, and never give up the fight

#2 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:04 PM

Although not very desciptive.. He is the website...

http://is1.websearch.....al%20Peel.htm

Im assuming he apply the Jessner Solution first.. Then waits until the skin settles downs a bit and applys the TCA.. I really think im going to be doing this

#3 Robert

Robert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

Jessner's solution is stronger than TCA Complex. It contains resorcinol, a derivative of phenol. I haven't used it, because according to a seller on eBay, it causes crusting.

I hate crusting. :-(

Romans 8:32

#4 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:13 PM

Ive had one Jessner Peels done before at the office at it was indeed a "very peeling" Peel... Cant say what kind of results i got... Im going to do this combination Jessner and TCA complex..I do remember The Jessner giving me some superficial scars, due to the skin being prematurely peeled off do to my hotshowers..YOu def will need a week of Downtime..

But i wonder if i should continue to do the 3 Day TCA complex after day one of combining the solutions.. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

#5 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:14 PM

The Funny thing about the website is...The guy is not only located in San Diego..But he Works w/ My Dermatologists Dr. Rullan in the same building.. Haha.. What a coincidence

#6 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

Hey robert..Do you know if *OursFan edited name* TCA complex is pure TCA?

#7 Robert

Robert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

What you are considering sounds a little risky to me. Jessner is a medium depth peel. Adding TCA on top of it--at home--is a very intense treatment.

TCA Complex is TCA, water, and a "Beta Booster" of some kind. I believe it is buffered. She says it's "right under 10%."

#8 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:19 PM

Robert.. Im only going to be doing it on my temples.. Not the entire face.. Ive dont so many things to may face over the years, Exoderm, Jessners, TCA peels, TCA cross.. I guess it doesnt bother me that im going to such extreme.. Haha.. God Willing, this will work

#9 Robert

Robert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

Ah, I see. Well, you have more experience than me. I haven't done Exoderm or Jessner's.

Let us know how it turns out.

#10 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:47 PM

Hmm.. From what i understand you're supporse to neutralize Jessner will cold water.. I wonder if i should neutralize before applying the TCA or if i should but on the TCA, then Neutralize...

Will the water neutralize the TCA prematurely?

#11 Eva513

Eva513

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:02 PM

Hi Steve,

I don't have experience with the combo peel, but i would suggest you to neutrilize right after the Jessener peel first rather than after applying both the Jesserner and TCA peel.

I just think it might be risky to combine the chemicals and not know exactly what will happen. but I am no expert... bb_smile.gif And besides, TCA neutrializes by itself supposely

on the other hand, I noticed that you have exoderm done before, I just want to ask if you can share with us your results? how much improvement did you have with it?

Anyway, I have been looking into it and would appreciate any comments from people who had personal experience with it. wink.gif

Thanks

#12 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

Eva, Im probably the first person on the internet to give a detail report on the effectiveness of Exoderm..I did all my reporting a few years ago on Voy.com before this board really took off.. So the reason why i havent talk about it much, is because i tired myself out..lol..

But anyway.. The Exoderm probably improve the overall condition of my skin my some 50%.. I had some pretty bad pits all over my face..But since ive done many more things since then, overall my skin is probably some 80%-90 Improved .. But i did end up with some more scars specifically in the temple area after my exoderm..

Im probably the reason why Dr. Rullan is so popular on the internet now.. Haha.. But when i got my exoderm done some 3 years ago, i was one of Dr. Rullans first patients for Exoderm, so his techniques were not as up to date as they are today.. Theres no doubt in my mind people will recieve greater results then myself three years ago with Rullan..

So in all, although i didnt recieve the mindblowing results some have gotten.. my Skin Def improved..And with all the other stuff i have done to it over the years has continued to improve, except for the Damn Temple areas.. haha.. Now im going to this combo treatment on my temples in hopes i get great results

#13 Eva513

Eva513

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:22 PM

Hi steve

thanks for the explanation! sorry that you have to explain it again for probably the thousand time laugh.gif

Anyway...let us know your results with this combo peel smile.gif and i am so happy for you to get the 80-90% improvements over the years!

I must say your a EXtreme brave soul bb_eusa_clap.gif

#14 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:41 PM

Ok.. I just talked to Dr. Rullan on his Cell phone and he gave me the detailed description on how to do this peel..

Apparently TCA and Jessners Works synergystically.. The Jessner allows the TCA to penetrate the skin much deeper.. So You apply the Jessner until it turns white a light frost.. Let it settle down to a pink, then apply TCA without Neutralizing!..

So there you Go hehe..

#15 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:03 PM

But now i wonder if im suppose to neutralize with Cold water after applying both TCA and Jessners.. Hmmmmmm... Guess i have one more question to ask Dr. Rullan

Eva, dont get me wrong.. Ive never had severe scarring.. Just the overall condition of my skin with Deep pits meaning those visible pore thingies were pretty deep.. The Exoderm help improve the overally condition of my skin..

I know some people skeptical about Exoderm.. Everyones skin reacts differently to it.. some 3 years after exoderm i actually went out in the sun to get a Tan, and my Skin Tanned very nicely...

I just talked to Dr. Rullan and he informed me that he uses a new phenol based solution very similar to the original Exoderm for his Patients now.. The reason being that Israel and the company that manufactured the solution are having problems with creating the solution or something..

But im sure the new stuff is just as effective if not more..

And just in case you didnt know.. I am Asian biggrin.gif

#16 Eva513

Eva513

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

steve knowing that your asain makes me happy!>.......bc I am asain too and I am kinda scared of doing Exoderm bc i have tannish dark skin and so i am afraid of having pigment problems with the procedure.

my scarring ain't bad...minor scarring but a lot of little ones that it makes me look like I have uneven skin texture...so I think exoderm would do great for me.

Well...exoderm is just a long term goal for me right now because there is no way in hell i am come up with around 4 thousand dollars bb_sad.gif and being a college student also make it real hard with the finances.

Anyway...goooood luck with everything!!! bb_eusa_dance.gif

#17 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Steve321 @ Aug 23 2004, 06:03 PM)

*OursFan edited name* does not disclose the list of ingredients in her TCA Complex. My TCA Complex smelled like rotten eggs, and broke me out horribly, beyond any breakouts I got from doing a regular TCA peel. I would not use it if I were you. Just a suggestion to take or to leave.

#18 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Scorpion_Vixen @ Aug 23 2004, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (Steve321 @ Aug 23 2004, 06:03 PM)

*OursFan edited name* does not disclose the list of ingredients in her TCA Complex. My TCA Complex smelled like rotten eggs, and broke me out horribly, beyond any breakouts I got from doing a regular TCA peel. I would not use it if I were you. Just a suggestion to take or to leave.

yeah.. Im a bit worried about that.. I think im going to purchase some 12.5% TCA unbuffered from Richard at Loganwood for this

#19 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:45 PM

I really like mendy's TCA from poorgirlproducts.com It had no bad smell at all and seemed very pure I also got no breakouts from it at all...it basically performed as advertised.
The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

#20 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:12 AM

Here is a poster's account of her Jessner's peel from clearskin.net:

http://clearskin.net...opic.php?t=3003

In the long run, she wasn't happy with the results.