beta carotene

3 replies to this topic

#1 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:16 AM

Ive been taking 4 acnescript pill a day now for a month and im wondering when to start to lower the dosage? I took 3 pills for the last 3 days and it gave me my first pimple in at least a week. Its actually on the side of my mouth and in the same spot as a pimple that surfaced on Feb 28. Its weird because its almost a month to the day. My face is very dry and dehydrated and i thought maybe the pills had something to do with it. Im also taking 125mg of spironolactone, flaxseed oil, beta carotene (only for the last week). Under my lip I have all little tiny white clogs. They look like pus that you could very easily pick off but they are way deep. If I try and get them out nothing comes out and they make round looking cuts that take forever to heal. Im assuming these are sebaceous filaments. Are they more apparent because im dry? But putting on moisturizer seems weird to me and feels like they will only clog more. I really thought adding more internal supplements to help dryness, drinking lemon water, changing diet would slow my oil production. Im going to try and upload a picture so you can see.

#2 Reti

Reti

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

What the hell is 4 acnescript? I thought from the title you had a perscription for something. While flaxseed and fish oils are just plain good for you no matter what, I don't see what beta carotene would do. Your body can only absorb a little bit of it, and the supposedly positive effects are exaggerated by the old research usually cited. Green leafy vegitables are great for you because they contain a crapload of weird micronutrients you can't put in a pill. Eat a good balanced diet of things you're not allergic too and drink a lot of water. If you need moisturizers, try that Integrated Labs sulfur ointment, or the one with salicylic acid added. It's mineral and tea tree oil based. If you're not on an actual script for real FDA-approved pills, then get on something. At least an antibiotic until you can afford isotrentinoin.

#3 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

Acnescript are vitamins many in the forum take..check out the website www.acnescript.com
as far as the beta carotene, many do well taking large amts of vitamin a..

#4 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

wicky, do you think Ancescript is working? I am using an antibiotic now, but if this more natural approach will help, I was considering switching!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users