#1 superfrizbee

superfrizbee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:25 AM

Hi all,

I've been using Paula's Choice 8% AHA and 2% BHA Liquid for a while now and my skin is so much better than it was, but with the UK summer and a holiday coming up where I can't and don't want to avoid sun exposure, is a good sun cream going to be enough to protect the skin on my face? I've got an spf 25 facial suncream from Dermalogica, but I don't know whether I should stop using the AHA and BHA before I go on holiday and then start again when I come back, or what to do about the (occasional!) sunny weekends we get in the UK where I want to be outdoors?

Any advice you can give is much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 chatronne09

chatronne09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:16 AM

Hi, I'd suggest not using it every single day and cleanse, tone and moisturize on the days you're not exfoliating. In my opinion, spf25 is not strong enough. Try to get a sunscreen with a higher protection index. A great looking hat, if you don't mind wearing one, might help too.
But don't stop treating your non inflamed acne, cause the sun exposure will " clear" you up temporarily, but the acne will come back with a vengeance (personal experience).

You said you were using the Paula's choice BHA/AHA for a while. Am curious to know, for how long you've been using it? After how many days/weeks you've seen improvement and whether you've experienced purging? I am personally using Avene Cleanance K which has AHA/BHA as active ingredients, it's been 6 months now, I don't know if I should stick with it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users