This topic is archived.
11 replies to this topic

#1 overwasher

overwasher

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Yesterday i went out with a friend and saw my reflection brightly lit outside and it made me feel so disgusting. I've been indoors most of the week due to a dental operation so i haven't really seen my skin that clearly - even in toilets.

Anyway as soon as i saw my face outside i went home.. locked my self in the toilet and stared at my skin for minutes on end.. i picked one.. then another then after about 20 minutes i picked each and every single one.

At one point half my face was bleeding and the other half i was trying to stop the blood with tissue.

I've done this a few times and i call the term "wipe out" to make matters worste i think my hands were dirty too.

And when i pop my pimples i do it really hard and rough.. it just makes me feel so disappointed in my self.. i was on the right track and now its like ive started again! well not really because the zits are probably really deep down and come out in the coming weeks.. ugh

So it looks like day 1 starts again...

#2 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

As many will say, you are not alone, I used to do the same, and found it quite relieving and then I was so ashamed of myself.

The thing that help the most is to cover my pimples with something, anything but I suggest white because if you put something red, well it won't help much. Put some fluoride free toothpaste or a non comedogenic cream that doesn't get absorbed. When you'll look at the mirror, you won't see the spots so you won't try to pick them. Also put something to conceal the zits and go watch a movie (at your place I hear, oh don't forget to wipe the cream when you go out otherwise, people will stare and laugh at you, yes it happened to me tongue.gif).

Now I don't pick so much mostly because my acne is almost non existent, no active spots at the moment and only a few red marks, but I still cover them with withish paste smile.gif. I wish you luck to solve this delicate problem, I hope the keys I gave you will help

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 24 March 2011 - 09:48 AM.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#3 CBRO

CBRO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

The worst thing you could do is pop your pimples. You are pushing dirt/bacteria back into your face and making them take longer to heal.

With that being said, I have struggled along with the rest of the world with the constant temptation to poke, prod and jab pimples.

Just go on medication for it (Accutane) by going to see your dermatologist.

No products work except Accutane.

#4 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, nothing works except Accutane, a lot of things can work depending the severity of your acne. Changing your diet, supplements, topicals. Personally I take zinc, Omega 3, chromium, and the vitamin a, and they are all working great. And in fact I absolutely don't take topicals. I recommend everyone with acne to try Vitamin A before Accutane, it can do wonders, and don't tell me the overdosing thing, Accutane is just a mega overdose of vitamin A and people do fine (or not) with it.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#5 CBRO

CBRO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (FredTheBelgian @ Mar 24 2011, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, nothing works except Accutane, a lot of things can work depending the severity of your acne. Changing your diet, supplements, topicals. Personally I take zinc, Omega 3, chromium, and the vitamin a, and they are all working great. And in fact I absolutely don't take topicals. I recommend everyone with acne to try Vitamin A before Accutane, it can do wonders, and don't tell me the overdosing thing, Accutane is just a mega overdose of vitamin A and people do fine (or not) with it.

I totally agree with you. Vitamin A works the same as Accutane. I went on Accutane and now supplement with Vitamin A. About 50,000 IU's a day forever. I hope I don't die =X

#6 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

I do exactly the same, 50000 IU for ever and never tongue.gif. I still get a zit once in a while though

#7 CBRO

CBRO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

It sucks man. Acne is bitch.

#8 xgirl

xgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

I won't nag you about picking. I know you know that it's bad, that it spreads germs, that you'd be clearer if you never touched. Those of us suffering with this compulsion know logically what NOT to do, but the complusion is stronger than our willpower.

I will say though that there is hope. One day I decided I was DONE with wrecking my face. And since that day, I have come a LONG way. I rarely ever touch my face now. I very rarely ever pick or pop a zit. My skin is clear. It's worth it and I encourage you to try for a week. Take a photo of today and look at it. Tell yourself you will never look like this again, because if you can leave your hands off, you won't. Having a photo to look back on will motivate you.

And when your hands are wandering, slather on a mask or other physical barrier between your fingers and your pimples. When your hands hit the mask (I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask from Walgreens-- it's $4 for a big tube), they will feel the bumpy texture and you will be reminded to put your hands down.

Don't be down, you can do this. Empower yourself to make a change!

#9 cocobean

cocobean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

don't beat on yourself... like he said: we've all been there, several times. One thing seriously helps me alot, i actually found this method to help me stop smoking 4 years ago :)
Take a rubber band ( i know this sounds like a bunch of sh*t but for some reason it actually works...) put the band on ur wrist all day, everyday. Spray shaving foam on ur bathroom mirror if u have to (i did) to stop u looking and being tempted - if u know ur home all day...
Every time u go into the bathroom or think about touching ur face...SNAP ur wrist with the band, hard enough to make u think, ok, i'm doing something wrong. Its sounds stupid as heck, but i promise u, for some weird reason, after just a day or 2 of the snapping - plus a lil will power - u will stop, maybe not 100% but u will stop. Really remember to snap every time u touch ur face, even if u lapse and pick, snap!!! Give it a try, just 1 -2 days. Its like your brain trains you to stop.
I agree with the face mask too, even though ur a guy, i put face mask and just leave it on allll day, stop u trying to attack. Plus if u do, then put face mask on, it will dry up your face.
ps: i had accutane 4 times....still came back, i agree though it seems to be the only real short term solution....vitamin A you say??

#10 changedmynamefinally

changedmynamefinally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

everyone been there before, the good thing is you have learnt from it and are trying to improve, or u wudnt post this!!

#11 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Good ideas in the replies.

What worked for me too: dim the bathroom lights and when you're home, put a mask/cream on the active zits so that you can't see them and be tempted to squeeze. I also constantly tell myself that whiteheads look better than red scabs.

Oxy Maximum Face Wash

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

#12 Zachary John Carter

Zachary John Carter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:ice skating... online games..

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

i use to do this specially the times when you feel really depress and feels like your have the most discusting face in the planet