Photo

Question about taking B5 (Pantothenic Acid)

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid vitamin a biotin

5 replies to this topic

#1 SebaceousOne

SebaceousOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

So I'm going to start taking Pantothenic Acid (B5). I'm not going to megadose, I'll start off with 2 pills per day, and I'll work my way up from there. I've heard that it's important to take other B-vitamins as well because it can throw stuff in your system out of whack if you're only taking one B-vitamin and not others.

My question is this -- should I just take a B-vitamin complex pill along with my B5 pills? I mean yes, I'll still be receiving way more B5 than I'm receiving any other B vitamin, but at the very least, it'll be slightly more balanced.

I had read that some people only take biotin along with B5, but would it be wiser to take a B-complex (which would include biotin) along with my B5? Any input is appreciated!

Edited by SebaceousOne, 22 March 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#2 SebaceousOne

SebaceousOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

bump...anyone?

#3 Gators_Fan

Gators_Fan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

A b-complex is all you need, and highly recommended. It can help reduce (or completely rid) the side effects of B5. A B-50 or B-100 will do just fine. Some people actually don't react well to very very high levels of Biotin so keep that in mind.

I'm glad you aren't planning on Mega-dosing with the 10 grams. I really believe you can have good results with under 5 grams a day.

#4 SebaceousOne

SebaceousOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thanks so much for the reply! The info is greatly appreciated. Off to buy a B-complex now smile.gif

#5 electthedead01

electthedead01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Is it necessary to use a B complex when I'm only taking 2 grams of B5 a day?

I dont want to have to go back to GNC gasp.gif

Edited by electthedead01, 23 March 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#6 SebaceousOne

SebaceousOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Okay, so I purchased a B-50 complex to take along with my B5 (which I'm currently starting at 1g per day, but will work up to 2 or 3 at least), but it makes me wonder -

Do I need the B-complex or is my multivitamin enough? Looking at my multivitamin (Centrum), it contains 100 percent of the daily recommended dose of most B-vitamins (all except for Biotin, for some reason). So if I'm taking a multivitamin, is there any reason to take the B-50?

The B-50 has way more than 100 percent of the daily amount, like 3,333% of thiamin, 2,500% of B6, etc... which is exactly what B50s contain. I'm just curious if my multivitamin alone would do the trick along with the B-5, or if the B-50 is really necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users