Photo

PANTOTHEN Claims to be cure for hormonal acne

vitamin vitamins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 Kristabel

Kristabel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

I dont know much about vitamins but is this just a vitamin supplement?

Check out the website

http://www.pantothen.co.uk/label.html

#2 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

B5 is pretty popular for acne. It's the main ingredient in a product that has mostly cleared me up.

The rest of the B-vitamins may just be there to prevent deficiency,because too much biotin and b6 has increased certain people's acne. They're in small amounts in this product though.

Fish oil, curcumin, and zinc are other popular supplements.

#3 Gators_Fan

Gators_Fan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

Omega is correct. I wouldn't buy a product like this though unless its pretty cheap. All those ingredients are something you could buy for cheap at the grocery store. Just try a B Complex pill and some Vitamin B5 and see if it helps your acne.

As for it helping Hormonal Acne, that seems like a strange claim. I know the B vitamins Help with stress, but from mine (and many others) B5 experiences, it seems to help the most with reducing oil and just acne in general. The term "Hormonal Acne" seems to relate to women around their periods the most (although all acne is technically hormonal), and in those cases Birth Control and stuff like that seems the most effective. Who knows.

#4 flowerchild1990

flowerchild1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:05 AM

I don't know if I'm entirely stupid to have been sucked in by this but I am desperate.
Has anyone tried Pantothen acne pills or heard anything of it?

It offers a money back guarantee so I guess I have nothing to lose. When I get my pills through the post I will obviously keep you posted also.

x

#5 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

I don't know if this will work, but I ordered some to try. The video on their website explains how it is supposed to work. We will see.
It is $40 a month (less per month the more bottles you buy), and they have free shipping and refund guarantee too; so not bad. I got the 3 months for $80, to give it a fair shake.
I will let you know what I think.
All my acne is hormonal, post pregnancy stuff. I have 3 kids, so just when I got it under control (after #2), I had my last baby and now it is a bit troublesome again. Not terrible, as I am much better at handling it now, using good products, etc. But, I just don't want to deal with it at all, especially the red marks after - always my worst problem.

#6 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

Oh wow that's pretty expensive. B-5 and Zinc are the only supplements I take now. I find both very important. But you could have just bought very high grade pure B-5 and Zinc for those numbers you paid. I got both my b-5 and zinc solgar bottles for about $20 bucks, and they both last me 2 months, 10 bucks a month.

Supplements should be just that. supplements. No one should ever try to use a supplement as a cure, that's what diet is for. The right diet, exercise and lifestyle will completely heal a human body. Supplements just are a cherry on top to help with, as a male I find the Zinc helps me greatly as well as the B-5. But I still only take 250mg B5 a day and that's more then enough for me.

#7 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

You can actually purchase 500mg of b-5, 100 capsules, for 5-7 bucks at the vitamin shop I go to. I also found zinc citrate (60 caps,25mg) for 3.45

#8 flowerchild1990

flowerchild1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

I Just bought this product also. I should be getting it tomorrow so I will keep you updated as well! Fingers crossed it does what the website says, (not sure if I'm delusional) x

#9 anna11

anna11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

iv also just ordered this! i prey it works as iv tried everything! keep me updated on how it works with you!
x

#10 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

Yes, expensive for just a B vitamin, but it is actually a supplement complex. I also get zinc for a low price like several of you mentioned, as well as Omega3. It isn't expensive if it works though, right? I mean just about anyone with acne would happily pay for it if it worked. lol.gif

I wanted to try the Pantothen formula and see if it works. I figured it could also help others if I gave a review; I haven't seen many Pantothen reviews out there yet. I started yesterday.

One good thing about their claims is that they say for many people they don't have to stay on it forever, interesting.

#11 Marie_123

Marie_123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hey, I have just been on their website and i'm almost sold by the product, but im abit 50/50 at the moment as i have spent loadds of money on the murad products

Keep us posted :] x

#12 Princess87

Princess87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

So OP, how are you getting on?? Any changes/improvements/anything?

I've been considering Pantothen for a while now but been on B5 before and while it dramatically reduced my oil production, it did next to nothing about my breakouts. The brand I used back then was Clear5 but I doubt it makes such a difference..? I've also been checking out the Vitacure B5 supplements, they seem to have rave reviews....still...want to know from other people who've actually tried it before splashing out yet more money on yet more useless sh*t.

Edited by Princess87, 03 April 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#13 flowerchild1990

flowerchild1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Princess87 @ Apr 3 2011, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So OP, how are you getting on?? Any changes/improvements/anything?

I've been considering Pantothen for a while now but been on B5 before and while it dramatically reduced my oil production, it did next to nothing about my breakouts. The brand I used back then was Clear5 but I doubt it makes such a difference..? I've also been checking out the Vitacure B5 supplements, they seem to have rave reviews....still...want to know from other people who've actually tried it before splashing out yet more money on yet more useless sh*t.

I've only been on it a few days so nothing as of yet, I will keep you informed though!
All I can say so far is the pills are actually massive. They are almost impossible to swallow.

#14 alicecooper

alicecooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

I know those testimonials are probably fake. They are all perfectly written with first and last name and city.

and if you put the before/after photos into tineye.com you get a lot of results. this is a new website. If those pictures were actually posted by people using that product, those photos wouldnt be all over the internet.

Thats what affiliate marketers do. they go around the internet and collect photos like those from forums like this one and try to promote their product with fake testimonials.

although it is nice that they give you a 90 day money back. who knows if they will honor it though

they actually have multiple websites:

U.K version http://www.pantothen...uk/buy_now.html

U.S version http://www.pantothen.com/buy_now.html

If you look at the ingredients label link, the u.s version tells the company its made by and they are in new york. then the u.k one just says "made in uk"

Edited by alicecooper, 06 April 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#15 flowerchild1990

flowerchild1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

Touch wood, so far my skin actually has got a lot better from just 4 days of use... but who knows if its just this or my diet etc.

#16 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Ive been taking acnescrpit pills which many on the forum use. Check out the thread as its still active if your intersted. Ive been taking them for 5weks and have not seen a difference and Im wondering if its the B6 in them thats doing it. Its a B comples vitamin made up of B5 and B6..hmmm

#17 Princess87

Princess87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (alicecooper @ Apr 7 2011, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know those testimonials are probably fake. They are all perfectly written with first and last name and city.

and if you put the before/after photos into tineye.com you get a lot of results. this is a new website. If those pictures were actually posted by people using that product, those photos wouldnt be all over the internet.

Thats what affiliate marketers do. they go around the internet and collect photos like those from forums like this one and try to promote their product with fake testimonials.

although it is nice that they give you a 90 day money back. who knows if they will honor it though

they actually have multiple websites:

U.K version http://www.pantothen...uk/buy_now.html

U.S version http://www.pantothen.com/buy_now.html

If you look at the ingredients label link, the u.s version tells the company its made by and they are in new york. then the u.k one just says "made in uk"

I also found it strange how the 'Vilantae' - or however it's spelt, appears to be by the same guy who formulated this line - both use the exact same ingredient. I did email them a few days back but have yet to receive a reply. I've also been on B5 before, Clear5 it was called -and it did wonders for my oiliness but nothing much for the breakouts. So I probably wouldn't have gone for B5 again anyway. Although I don't understand how it can have diminished the oil so well but not been able to stop the breakouts (according to the logic of more oil = more breakouts) - I wonder what that says about the nature of my acne...

Well, whatever. I'm trying out Manuka Oil now and Flax seed supplements now. I want to keep it simple so that it's easier to pinpoint the cause of any improvements/problems that may arise.

#18 Kristabel

Kristabel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

So those who have been taking this.... update?

#19 03GT

03GT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Kristabel @ Apr 13 2011, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So those who have been taking this.... update?

I read "pathogen" lol

Anyway, just google "panthothenic acid acne" and you'll find a slew of information. Personally, didn't help me but I didn't really stick to it.

#20 Katlady

Katlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (flowerchild1990 @ Mar 31 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Just bought this product also. I should be getting it tomorrow so I will keep you updated as well! Fingers crossed it does what the website says, (not sure if I'm delusional) x

Are you still having success with taking the Pantothen? I'm considering purchasing it for myself, but don't want to go down anothe dead-end path. Thanks!