Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acnekilledmylife

Zinc

6 posts in this topic

30mg of Zinc daily has helped me so much, some problem spots have gone completely clear and I don't remember the last time I had a zit there. Would upping my dosage to 60 or 90 help with some other problem areas?

im taking 75mg at the moment, and all seems fine..

It is important to get the right form of Zinc because there are many versions that contain little elemental (actual Zinc). I would recommend that you buy Opti-Zinc or Zinc Picolinate these are the better forms without all the bulking agents and are more easily absorbed.

The benefit of taking Zinc is that it helps the body balance hormones, it contributes to reducing inflammation and healing damaged skin as well as reducing oil production. Other benefits are it also regulates the level of Vitamin E and is essential for the absorption of vitamin A. It boosts the immune system which is important for fighting off acne bacteria especially cystic acne. It also helps to protect the most important supplement, EFA.

It is important that your Zinc supplement contain a small amount of copper. By taking Zinc you need to get some extra copper as well which is why most Zinc supplements also contain copper, no copper? Then choose a brand of Opti-Zinc or Zinc Picolinate which does.

It's pretty dangerous to take more than 60mg. I would keep down to around 30 unless you want to end up in hospital. People have injured themselves by taking too much Zinc in the past.