garlic candida

64 replies to this topic

#61 Shelly8946

Shelly8946

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

Here is my story: I'm 28 years old and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism over a year ago. I have been taking a thyroid hormone replacement prescription (levothyroxine). I always have had dry skin, but never had acne. My skin used to get compliments, and I never needed to wash my face, I only used lotion. When summer started, I noticed my skin becoming oily. My forehead then began to show small bumps. I thought it was just a reaction from my medication until I found this site. From previous advice, I started using dandruff shampoo (head and shoulders) on my forehead and I have seen a great improvement within the past two weeks. I now believe that it is fungal skin infection. Thank you previous commentators for your advice and I hope others will give this a try :)

#62 SP12

SP12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I think I had this on my face for almost three years! it would itch and burn with bumps all over, it started on the chin and spread all over the rest of my face. I even had bumps behind my ears, the front of my neck and the back as well as my chest. Some bumps looked like whiteheads, others were clear and some were red. Prior to this, I never had any skin issues and my skin was sooo flawless that people would ask me what foundation I am wearing. 

There was a few things I did that I think worked. First I used clotramizole for a couple of weeks, which cleared most of the bumps. I then used sea salt soaks on my face for about a week (boiled water to get rid of bacteria which has been cooled). The sea salt I think helped to get rid of clogged pores which had also been caused because of the oiliness that usually accompanies this infection, it didn't do too much for the bumps caused by the actual fungus. I then used colloidal silver for two weeks, this is what helped with the itchiness and burning type bumps.

I still have bumps on my chest and will try the same method on these but my face seems clear for now but apparently it can come back so fingers crossed.

I just wanted to let you all know that you're better off trying the more natural methods (especially colloidal silver - but be very careful not to use too much or for too long) rather than the topicals because trust me, I tried most of these. Even with the clotramizole, it cleared most of it but then I would still get a few burning/itching bumps.  

#63 Xeena

Xeena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Hi,

Has anyone successfully treated this condition with a low dose of Accutane? I have a bad case and it all started after a heavy dose of antibiotics to treat a lung infection... I took fluconazole and it really helped but I still have a lot on the face... I am really concerned that Accutane will just make it worse.

#64 thatdude2015

thatdude2015

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:19 AM

What's up everybody I've been dealing with acne for quite some time now from moderate to severe acne at times. I'm now 24 years old and I don't really have a problem with my face I get the occasional pimples here and there my main issue is back, chest and shoulder acne. Over the years I've tried different products such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide with some help but it would always come back. Recently I started getting a pretty bad rash on my back consisting of red swollen cysts and small bumps all over.

I've tried everything nothing seems to help. I recently started researching on yeast infections and have come to think I might be suffering from pityrosporum folliculitis. The reason i say this is because I've dealt with athlete's foot in the past and am currently dealing with toe nail fungus. I've tried cutting out gluten and dairy as much as possible but haven't really noticed a difference. I just started putting antifungal cream on the effected areas on my back and just started taking probiotics. I've read ketoconazole shampoo also seems to help out so I will definitely be going out to get some tomorrow. Hopefully I finally found the issue with my skin and can put a stop to it.

#65 GoDDeSSofZits

GoDDeSSofZits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bellydancing, astrology, gemstone/crystal healing, essential oils, palmistry, fengshui, animals, trees, National Geographic, Cesar Millan, Bondi Vet, and many other I'm too lazy to mention.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hi there! I've just written a new thread on this - just a minute ago! You can have a read. It's been a month and I've finally won the battle with this dreaded fungus! In a nutshell - these are the things that worked for me:

ORAL:

Sporanox - itraconazole - 200mg x 5 days (prescibed by Dr)

Greek yoghurt + probiotics powder (with added Acidophilus) x 14 days (must be eaten 1 hr before food, or 2 hrs after food)

TOPICAL:

Apply LAMISIL dermgel twice a day  -morning and night - for 7 days straight!! Nothing else.

Then after the LAMISIL 7-day battle:

DAY:

Wash face with Dr Cynthia Bailey's Calming Zinc Pyrthione / alternate with Dr Cynthia Bailey's Foaming Cleanser (the soap as exfoliating properties -the oats thingy - and exfoliating everyday will aggravate the skin, so use the soap only on alternate days or spead it out)

Put on Young Living Frankincense essential oil - undiluted - on the entire face (this one is quite expensive but you can use other brands too as long as it is pure and high grade!)

NIGHT:

Wash (see above)

Garden of Wisdom's Mandelic Acid 10% (no alcohol/no seaweed) - leave for 30 minutes before putting anything else after it

All the best buddy! I know how it feels to be battling this fungus. Had the worst skin of my life a month ago. Now it is SO MUCH BETTER!

Do update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users