Best Irritated Skin Moisturizer

4 replies to this topic

#1 ridofacneman

ridofacneman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

So, I`m looking for a moisturizer to sooth my irritated skin which gets red whenever i go out, usually during school. My skin is very acne prone, sensitive, dry and oily. I`ve tried Cetaphil's lotion but it seem to harsh and was making my redness even worse. I've been looking at looking to buy Aveeno`s Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 or SPF 30, do you think that would be a good investment even if it`s quite expensive to me ($25). and should I get the SPF 15 or 30 ?

Thanks.

Edited by ridofacneman, 09 March 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#2 Vinchenzo

Vinchenzo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

I heard Aloe vera moisturizers are good for calming down the skin and reducing redness.

#3 ridofacneman

ridofacneman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

bbump

#4 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

Check out a review for Neutrogena's Sensitive Skin Sunblock SPF 30:
http://www.beautyped...V9E7Ggx8l3H7A==

It also contains titanium dioxide as it's sunblock instead of a chemical sunscreen, which is great, and titanium dioxide is an excellent sunblock.

Physician's Formula might work for you as well: http://www.beautyped...7BTUq/W9dKxSQ==

One thing to keep in mind with these is whether either of them contain nanosized particles of titanium dioxide less than 30nm. If so, there is controversy about whether or not your body can absorb these through the skin. You might check out Elta MD's line, as the particles are bigger than 30nm, and I believe this one is for sensitive skin: http://www.eltamd.co...etail.aspx?p=18. I use another of their sunscreens and absolutely love it. It doesn't go on white, and it's well-formulated.

Good luck. smile.gif

"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

~Philippians 4:8~

Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here

* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.

* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.

* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.

* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.

* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!

#5 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

I've tried that Aveeno's moisturizer a few times and it's just not impressive enough. It's a pretty basic moisturizer to me... it never "calmed" as much as I expected it should from the packaging. I really love Olay products and La Roche Posay memoryl XK moisturizer w/ SPF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users