Photo

taking care of acne natural way

pop beta carotene fish oil probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

Ok, so I've decided to try to help the community of acne sufferers as I am one myself. Your acne is a cause of imbalanced hormones and how well your body processes food. When you stress, you get acne, when you eat bad food, have you ever noticed your acne pops up? Also when you have acne, avoid alcohol as your liver will not process it well. Let me just tell you what I am doing or have been doing for the past 3 months...the NATURAL way. Contrary to popular belief, you DONT have to take those topical creams like moisterizers, toners...those are all BULLSHIT. All you have to do is just keep your skin clean by washing it and you can just use a cream that doesn't dry you up...something gentle and thats it, you donth ave to put on moisterizers, toners etc. What you need to realize is whats causing your acne is internal. So make sure to avoid carbs and sugar and trans fat, saturated fat. You can eat carbs but make sure its whole wheat grain and also dont eat too much of it. Dont even bother eating too much fruit because they contain sugar as well. Eat alot of vegetables and drink PLENTY OF WATER and avoid those carbonated drinks etc. Here's my diet plan and what I do everyday to help you guys out and ill show the results etc.

Morning:
wake up: wash face with cetaphil
After: Take fiber and probiotics powdered mixed in water. Drink 2 glasses of water

10:30 am-drink my green powdered drink(vegetabl mixtures )

12:30 pm-eat salad, grilled chicken (anything healthy that doesnt contain alot of bad carbs and sugar)

after that...i take multivit, 1000iu vit e, 75000iu beta carotene (vit a), vit bcomplex, vit c, calc/mag

after that...I drink my KEFIR MILK (very helpful with fighting acne) mixed with liquified coconut oil, EFAS. And than i take my pill form fish oil and lecithin. I do this 3x a day until my acne is better every 2-3 hours (suggestion is to do this midday as it is better abosrbed by body)

4:30- I'd eat again something healthy

At night time, I would go shower and wash my face again with cetaphil and sleep. This recovery took my approximately 3 months because i ddidnt follow the diet plan religiously as i was really hungry at times lol. But You can easily get it to a minimum in about 1 month or so if you stay disciplined to the healthy diet.

Some things to take into consideration....have you ever tried to go to a steam room if you know a place that has one? Cause steam releases the toxins from your body which causes the acne and opens up the pores. Best of luck to you all or whoever even bothers reading this

#2 acnegonenow

acnegonenow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

this is what i want to do since nothing else works. The thing is i don't know how to cook and my parents always make unhealthy food.
Did it really clear your acne? I start college in like 5 months

#3 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

what's your email? ill show you my results for some reason it says i dont have enough attachment space to post the pics. But its a hugeeeeee difference i can tell you that. Took me approx 3 months, but it could have been sooner if i was more disciplined with the diet plan

Edited by tien10, 05 March 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#4 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (acnegonenow @ Mar 5 2011, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is what i want to do since nothing else works. The thing is i don't know how to cook and my parents always make unhealthy food.
Did it really clear your acne? I start college in like 5 months

Also, this diet will make you hungry lol cause everything you eat pretty much has bad carbs. Just try to avoid them. You can always buy your own propane grill which is easily cleaned and easy to use. Just grill up some chicken, vegetables etc. You can make whole wheat grain pasta and meat sauce took me 15 mins to make and i can reheat it later for the next day etc. What you should do is formulate a diet plan that consists of these healthy tips i told you about and try to get your hands on that kefir milk and stuff. Best of luck to ya

#5 acnecurious

acnecurious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

This sounds more the route I am interested in can you post some of your food choices?

Thanks

#6 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (acnecurious @ Mar 9 2011, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds more the route I am interested in can you post some of your food choices?

Thanks

Well, i try my best to avoid bad carbs and high saturated fats food. Also avoid sugar if you want acne free skin. Another thing i noticed about benzoyl peroxide is that it does help with fighting acne even though it makes your skin dry. You can always buy the gel by itself and spot it on the acne spots.

But anyways here's my food choices

grilled chicken not fried.
eat a lot of vegetables...in fact try to incorporate this in your diet every day. You can maybe substitute this with green powdered drinks (they aren't that tasty).
I drink plenty of water. I also make spaghetti and meat sauce for extra calories using whole wheat grain pasta and i dont use too much pasta either. Sometimes i grill some ribeyes if im craving it really badly. Dont eat beef too much cause they contain alot of iron and they are saturated fats as well so watch out. You can still go eat out at like mcdonalds get a mcdouble and throw away the buns or leave a tiny bit on it. You can mix and match it with a side salad to sort of balance it out. I dont know what else to put but yeah just watch out for bad carbs etc.

#7 artisdead

artisdead

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

I definitely notice that I break out less when I eat salad everyday. Besides that I eat pretty well in general, but especially fresh vegetables help.

#8 acnecurious

acnecurious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have been on doxycycline 100mg per day for 1 month now 200mg for another month. I seem to be getting a little better but I constantly have several cysts that I can feel forming only about 10% actually turn into the large red cysts (which is more than enough).

I have read a lot about lemon juice and apple cider vinegar lately. Has anybody tried this?
I'm also wondering if you have ever tried doing a liver detoxification?

#9 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (acnecurious @ Mar 10 2011, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been on doxycycline 100mg per day for 1 month now 200mg for another month. I seem to be getting a little better but I constantly have several cysts that I can feel forming only about 10% actually turn into the large red cysts (which is more than enough).

I have read a lot about lemon juice and apple cider vinegar lately. Has anybody tried this?
I'm also wondering if you have ever tried doing a liver detoxification?

what is doxycycline? antibiotics? sometimes taking oral medications you're not too sure of can cause acne. About lemon juice and apple cider vinegar...are you putting them on the face? I wouldn't really recommend it as it might make your skin worse cause your skin might be irritated by those. Just make a diet plan of what you eat on a daily basis and have a look at it and consider what may cause it. If the diet consists of carbs, sugar, saturated fats, etc than you might want to eliminate them. Also avoid peanut butter and anything peanuts as those will cause acne. I havnt tried liver detoxification but i know it helps and i will do it sometime in the future. But what you should focus right now is stay on a healthy diet and avoiding those types of food im telling you about and just remember that this healing process takes time and taking care of acne is not an overnight thing. I know it may seem difficult to fathom but you gotta stick with a healthy diet, dont put alot of crap on your face cause they will make your skin dry up and break out more. Just use a cleanser thats simple and doesnt make ur skin dry (i use cetaphil). You can try to use st. ives exfoliator once a week since it does help as well. Hopefully this information helps you out if yuou have any other questions feel free to ask.

#10 jaimejadore

jaimejadore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hi!
Has it worked for you?
Did you have severe acne? Severe scarring left? and are they all gone now?

I'm so sad..
I'm a girl, a teenager and have all forms of acne from mild to severe and all types of scarring on my face. I feel hopeless.
Maybe you will be the answer to my prayers wub.gif

eusa_dance.gif

#11 jeskahoney

jeskahoney

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

In 2008, I had the best skin I can remember having as a teenager. I was on a very, very strict diet which eliminated all grains and sugar, potatoes, dairy, and some fruit. Basically, I ate meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, eggs, berries, apples, lemons, limes and grapefruit. I know quinoa is also a good protein. I was on the diet about 6 months and saw A LOT of improvement in my skin! I went off the diet for (seriously, about a week... on vacation) and ate terrible food.. my acne came back after that week and my skin hasn't been the same since. I am trying to get back to that strict diet I was on before, so far, it's been about 4 months and I haven't seen much improvement yet.. but I'm hoping for the best.

I'm also supplementing Fish Oil, a raw multi-vitamin, coconut oil, ACV, B-Complex, probitic (Dr. Ohira's), and a Beta Glucan...

We'll see...

#12 homelessdan

homelessdan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

This sounds like a decent regiment. I've tried/am trying similar things.

I never heard that thing about your body absorbing better in the afternoon. I might have to give that a shot.

Also, I tend to skip whole grains and eat sprouted grains.

And sweet potatoes...I love those!

I will say, as I am human and don't follow my own regiment on occasion, I do notice when I mess up I break out. (Like now, damn it!)

#13 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (jaimejadore @ Mar 24 2011, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!
Has it worked for you?
Did you have severe acne? Severe scarring left? and are they all gone now?

I'm so sad..
I'm a girl, a teenager and have all forms of acne from mild to severe and all types of scarring on my face. I feel hopeless.
Maybe you will be the answer to my prayers wub.gif

eusa_dance.gif

Yeah, I've had severe acne and believe me...going to college class with this and people staring at you just feels godawful. My skin's cleared up really well now and the most important thing just to not touch your face when you have acne cause it'll cause scarring. Just take multivits, eat vegs, avoid carbs, avoid peanuts, avoid sugar, avoid fried stuff and you'll be good. Occassionally, you can have a cheat meal, but folllow it up with salad

#14 alwayshope

alwayshope

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

jeskahoney, that is the diet that eliminated my acne. This diet does not contain whole wheat products however. I am in amazement when I wake up each day and my skin is clear.