Photo

Dermaroller And Tretinoin cream (retin-a, renova etc)

needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I wanted to let all you know that it does work. I started 3 years ago experimenting with needling. I had success with that but I've had more success with the dermaroller because it covers more of the area. Dermarolling takes time it's not an overnite miracle. I stoped needling for like 2 years because I was happy with my results. The scars were there but not as indented. Around 3 months ago I was at the movie theather and happened to see my face in a mirror with light right over the drinking fountain. I hated what I seen my scars were so noticible still. This led me to order a dermaroller, and I still had some retin-a from back in the day. I also orderded some numbing cream. I searched for the cheapest one (I think it's called lidocream plus) online. So I had all my tools ready but I couldn't roll just yet because of work. I waitied till after valentines day because I was gonna take some time off work. On feb 21 monday, I did it at night time. I first washed my face, and applied the lidocaine cream two times. I waited 40 min before washing it off. After I washed it off I applied alcohol all over my face. I started rolling my entire face by focusing more on my cheeks where the scars are. I rolled till my cheeks were raw. After I rinsed my face with salt water it's like saline solution. Patted dry and waitied 20min to apply retin-a all over my face. I was really red. the next day I was still red. the second day I started peeling. By the third day I noticed That my scars looked really great I thought it was just swelling still. The fourth day I had almost completely peeled and my scars looked really great still. Almost all of them were even with the rest of my skin exept for the very deep ones that are deeper than the rest but they looked way better. I'm amazed at the results. I started applying retin a two days before rolling. Don't give up guys, girls.

#2 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

I have seen improvements recently with tatoo needles and also diabetic lancets pricked multiple times in each scar and then later retinoid .05% gel. My skin is very sensitive and that percentage will make me peel pretty quick so I only use it on my scar tissue. It was until I added the retinoid that I saw significant results, I think it does increase the scar tissue formation where I needle which is what is filling the scar up. I also massage my scars after needling to get the blood flow to the center of the scar which I think is important. I have very little downtime. I still think I need subcision or dermal grafts on some scars.

I know it is scar tissue forming inside, because my scars are much whiter, however, since I am very pale, this doesn't bother me. If you are of color, this may not work well for you.

Edited by tricia, 27 February 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#3 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (tricia @ Feb 27 2011, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have seen improvements recently with tatoo needles and also diabetic lancets pricked multiple times in each scar and then later retinoid .05% gel. My skin is very sensitive and that percentage will make me peel pretty quick so I only use it on my scar tissue. It was until I added the retinoid that I saw significant results, I think it does increase the scar tissue formation where I needle which is what is filling the scar up. I also massage my scars after needling to get the blood flow to the center of the scar which I think is important. I have very little downtime. I still think I need subcision or dermal grafts on some scars.

I know it is scar tissue forming inside, because my scars are much whiter, however, since I am very pale, this doesn't bother me. If you are of color, this may not work well for you.

Get yourself a dermaroller from ebay. I ordered the 2mm

#4 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

I got the dermastamp awhile back and wasn't that impressed since it didn't draw blood at all and hit some of my healthy skin. I think the diabetic lancets are close to 2mm.

#5 now.or.never

now.or.never

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hey there, you might want to get some new Retin-A, for what you have there has surely expired.

Good to see you're back in the game for more improvement! And I agree it does work immensely smile.gif

#6 FeelsGood

FeelsGood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

I've read that you get better results from using Vitamin A and Vitamin C for 6 weeks before needling. I'm going to try using my retin a for 6 weeks and then stamp. I never used retin-a for that long before.

#7 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

The retin-a seems to be good still it made my face peel. It's the .1, so it's pretty strong. The benefit's are better than laser. Plus way cheaper lol.

#8 vincent168

vincent168

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

Does just apply retin-a for a longer period of time give similar results?

#9 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Retin-a alone is not enough, I was talking about combining it with the dermaroller. After dermarolling stop the retin-a for a week to let your face heal from rolling.

#10 jesture

jesture

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (ciro @ Feb 27 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been a long time since I've posted here. I wanted to let all you know that it does work. I started 3 years ago experimenting with needling. I had success with that but I've had more success with the dermaroller because it covers more of the area. Dermarolling takes time it's not an overnite miracle. I stoped needling for like 2 years because I was happy with my results. The scars were there but not as indented. Around 3 months ago I was at the movie theather and happened to see my face in a mirror with light right over the drinking fountain. I hated what I seen my scars were so noticible still. This led me to order a dermaroller, and I still had some retin-a from back in the day. I also orderded some numbing cream. I searched for the cheapest one (I think it's called lidocream plus) online. So I had all my tools ready but I couldn't roll just yet because of work. I waitied till after valentines day because I was gonna take some time off work. On feb 21 monday, I did it at night time. I first washed my face, and applied the lidocaine cream two times. I waited 40 min before washing it off. After I washed it off I applied alcohol all over my face. I started rolling my entire face by focusing more on my cheeks where the scars are. I rolled till my cheeks were raw. After I rinsed my face with salt water it's like saline solution. Patted dry and waitied 20min to apply retin-a all over my face. I was really red. the next day I was still red. the second day I started peeling. By the third day I noticed That my scars looked really great I thought it was just swelling still. The fourth day I had almost completely peeled and my scars looked really great still. Almost all of them were even with the rest of my skin exept for the very deep ones that are deeper than the rest but they looked way better. I'm amazed at the results. I started applying retin a two days before rolling. Don't give up guys, girls.

I'm surprised nobody else has brought this up, but 4 days after dermarolling is still far too soon to judge the results. It's been about a week since you posted, do you still feel as confident about the results? (I'm not knocking you, I'm genuinely curious)

#11 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

I got this link from yoym on the dermaroller support link
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xGbsgPLZaN8
He got great results and didn't even use retin-a. He doesn't use lots of pressure just consistent.

#12 icepikachu

icepikachu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:45 AM

Ciro, I'm currently using tretinoin gel along with dermaroller. I'm using 0.1% tretinoin 20 minutes after dermarolling and then every day. I've started this routine 3 weeks ago, so it's a bit new to see a lot of results.
Do you see some improvement in your skin or your scars? I plan to give a try to red led therapy too.
I think Red Leds + dermaroller + tretinoin + good mosturizer can do wonders

#13 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Using a Vitamin C serum, Retin-A, and dermaroller all together is supposed to be the best plan of action. I made my own C Serum last night, and am going to use the C and Retin-A for a few weeks before I start rolling.

#14 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Sounds good but just to let you know retin a after dermarolling is kinda harsh. If you apply after rolling your skin will get more red longer than normal.

#15 ciro

ciro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

After experimenting I would wait before n after 2-3 days just to be safe and reduce redness

#16 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

Yeah I don't think you're supposed to use the Retin-A right away after dermarolling. I'm going to read more in depth on this once I get all my stuff (some is still being shipped to me).

#17 realdream

realdream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

hi ,,,, I've started using dermaroller ...just 4 times ....but i didn't see any changes im my scars ,I know it's too early to see that . then I was looking for something for peeling ... i said my that will help the dermaroller and will give good results ,,, i read about chemical peels ,glycolic .... then I found that tretinoin helps for peeling and renew cells and assist of formation of collagen and elastin ....,, I bought retin a ... I put it 2 days at night without dermaroller ....then today i'm gonna start put it after dermaroller ........ i'm a bit afraid .....now I finished rolling ...i'll wait 2 hours just to subside redness then i'll put retin a ......... i'll watch my scars then tell you ......... tell me about your scars ?? what's the percentage of improvement ? and how many sessions did you do ? sorry about my english coz i'm arabic and my english is not very well smile.gif

#18 hebae

hebae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

i did what u exactly say and i think i will have a great result and i will tell
thx

#19 VenomRx

VenomRx

Inactive Broker/ Student/ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

What are some places online that sell quality products?

I have been looking at this site: http://www.dermaroll...p-online?cat=30

Has anyone purchased a product from this site?

#20 CorrieP

CorrieP

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

I haven't tried micro-needling yet, but the site you mention (www.dermarollerus.com) sells the German-made rollers that are supposed to be higher quality. I think all the others are made in China, so you never know what you're going to get.