Photo

Adult male 28, some success

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 TexMurphy01

TexMurphy01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hi there.

I like these boards, and I have tried many things, but the main problem I found with most of them is that my skin is very sensitive and most of them cause discomfort.

So what did I try? Well, it's February and that means not a lot of sun here in the UK, but a week or two ago we had about a week with some sunny days. I made an effort to go for a walk of at least one hour on each of those sunny days. Did it help my acne? You bet your ass it did. In fact it's probably the only thing that has helped it to such a level. I'd say it got to the point where there were no big spots. Sure, close up the skin was far from perfect, but it's the most spot free I'd been for months, probably longer.

I still believe that the problem is internal and that, by treating the symptoms, I'm not at all getting to the real problem. Incidentally, it's been rather clouded over lately and my acne is back (mild as it is, but quite flared up today).

I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you that I hate it so much, but I still feel the need to say it.

Edited by TexMurphy01, 22 February 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#2 TexMurphy01

TexMurphy01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

Incidentally, the night before last was full of stress and lack of sleep, and yesterday my spots looked horrible.

Today, after a good night's rest and relatively low stress, things are about 30% better. In just one night. Fancy.

#3 Tedgreat

Tedgreat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

Although sun can seem like a solution, it is actually more harmful to your skin than ever: acne can become worse through sun damage. The tan is temporary and may hide spots, but those spots can return, along with increased irritation and everything that goes with it (increased oiliness, whiteheads, blackheads, etc).

I am about the same age as you and have the same skin type; I have had success and allowing for increased sun exposure to combat acne is a definite no-no. I would be happy to lend any tips or support for any and all acne problems you might need help with.

Cheers Tex

#4 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

You should try to supplement with vitamin D..maybe that will help (2000-5000IUs)

#5 TexMurphy01

TexMurphy01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Cheers Ted. I'd like to hear your suggestions and tips... very much so in fact.

I've tried just about everything. Okay I never saw a dermatologist, and I never tried accutanee, but I tried quite a lof of stuff. Benzoyl peroxide, 'green cream', hell I ever tried the urine treatment. Also tried a number of high street face washes as well. There are factors that affect the amount of spots, mostly diet, enough sleep and lack of stress, but none of these had the effect sun has had. An hour in the sun in February... I'm sorry but I don't think that's really going to cause too much damage to my skin.

#6 lie01234

lie01234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hey Tex I am 29 and had acne on and off for some time. I think you should try what Max said or try and take some multi-vitamins. Ever since I stated taking multi-vitamins my skin is getting better and only get about one or two bump a week. Its worth a try.
My current regimen.
Morning and night:

One tablet of Centrum orange flavored chewable when I wake up and one more tablet before going to sleep.

Original Proactive 3 step program twice a day.
Clearasil adult treatment cream for spot treatment. (Work wonderful!)

Drink about three liter of water a day.

#7 Play_Koi

Play_Koi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

That's really cool. I've always wondered about sunlight. I'm inside a lot so I wonder if being in the sun more would help. Then again, I'm on acanya and I'm supposed to avoid the sun...
I play coy because real temptresses don't have acne.

#8 TexMurphy01

TexMurphy01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Hey Koi.

Well, if you get desperate enough, you'll try anything.

#9 lovender90584

lovender90584

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

increase the flow in the body . so you feel fresher and increase strength.
is an ED treatment used to help treat erectile dysfunction and impotence. helps assist the body's natural mechanisms to achieve and sustain harder erections so men suffering from impotence and erectile dysfunction are able to enjoy sexual intercourse.