makeup

4 replies to this topic

#1 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:10 PM

ok im only 15 but im obsessed w/ my face.....i want to look really young when im older & have very few wrinkles....i started eating only fruits/vegetables/& fish & i can already see a difference in how my skin looks...its glows now & looks wonderful!! i occassionaly smeer manuka honey on my face & eat it as well because i heard it helps.....i have no idea if i should NOT use any products because i hate putting chemicals on my face but i do wanna look young when im older...my dad worked w/ david copperfield & david's makeup person said that david's secret is nivea creme so my dad started using that & my moms friend who lives in colorado has also used it her whole life & and her skin is awesome! i heard that nivea creme makes people look younger im so confused!!!! if i dont use any products wouldnt i be more natural so my skin would be healthy & it wouldnt age as fast??? im trying to find something that "reverses the aging process" by reducing wrinkles & stuff like that & i figure if i start now (at the ripe age of 15) then by the time im older i might have really nice young-looking skin....sorry for writing so much but i dont know what to do??? im going to continue eating healthy my whole life but is that all i need to do to have nice young-looking skin??? or should i start using nivea creme or other products?? im asking because a lot of women i see that have used products & worn makeup all their life have really bad skin so i dont wanna use products all my life if its gonna make my skin bad....help!

#2 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:04 PM

hey omg, the key is not anti aging products.. or products that 'erase the signs of aging'.. the key i think is healthy diet, good exercise, good friends, lots of laughter:) and LOTS of sunscreen. you need sunscreen to PREVENT aging. a good 'natural' one i like is clinique city block spf 15, with titanium diozide and zinc oxide.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#3 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

It must prevent both UVA and UVB sunscreens

if you are in Canada a very good non oily on is:

La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60 'L'

it's got SPF 60 as well as the best UVA/UVB protection on the market.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#4 ConfettiedCannoli

ConfettiedCannoli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

I totally agree with Caroline about nixing those pseudo-anti-aging products. And I second her sunblock suggestion. Everyday I apply Clinique's SuperCity SPF 25 Sunblock, which is also comprised of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It doesn't make my face breakout, nor is it greasy.

#5 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

I think sunscreen is bad. It is chemicals on your face. It also makes people stay in the Sun longer than they would without it which causes more skin damage. JMO.

Diet, exercise and low stress is key, IMO.

That said, genetics determines how you age for the most part. The other stuff like diet and exercise is environmental. You can do everything right, but if you have bad genes, you will age fast. Worrying about it will really kick start the aging process. Just relax and keep trying to live a healthy lifestyle and you'll be fine.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users