Photo

dermaroller progress (updated may 16 2011)

vitamin k aha alpha hydroxy acid hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 boxcarracer2990

boxcarracer2990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

I got my dermaroller around 1 and a half months ago and have used it twice so far, I will again in 2 weeks. Basically I thought my acne scarring was pretty bad and trying and failing something that cost me 80 bucks sounded better than jumping right into hundred/thousand dollar procedures. Plus I wanted to share with you guys because only you guys know the pain. ever watch house? quote from dr house: "you can change your face but you can't change what your face made you." depressing, but it really resonated with me. if i manage to change my face i guess i'll see if it's true.

So for reference:

-I use a 1.5mm dermaroller from the nova clinic. they ship from australia and shipping time is a pretty annoying 2 weeks to massachusetts.

-I use prescription differin and the aha vitamin K cream and the moisturizer and jojoba oil from this site post-roll.

-On normal days I just follow the regimen from this site

-I (have) had acne since age 11. i'm 20 now. It was at it's worst from ages 15-18. i still get a few tiny pimples every now and then but not much to get worked up about. hyperpigmentation and scarring are the real killers here.

-I'll only be taking pictures of the right side of my face, because there's not really any scarring on the left, just hyperpigmentation.

-I use a solid amount of pressure when rolling, enough for little dots of blood. Usually I start out a little light till I get used to the pricking, then go as hard as I can withstand it.

So here's the day before my first roll:

Untitled.jpg

and here's today, about 2 weeks after my second roll (1 1/2 months after first):

photo.JPG

I know the lighting in the second is less shadowy, but I think you can still tell my skin has evened out quite a bit, though there is still some indentation. someone said swelling could be the cause of such a drastic change, and that's pretty on point. improvements are pretty slow, i think.

Anyway I'll update this post as time goes on.

update 5/16

sorry it's been a while.

ok so this right after my 4th roll (i skipped one, didn't have a chance in april with school)

photo.JPG

red and irritated gross! i took someone's advice of not using aha and instead went for a vitamin K cream and dan's moisturizer. the magic of summer is i can experiment and just hide out in my house while i look like a zombie. but we'll see how it goes. literally WE will, because i'm going to share. i'll try to update in 2 weeks no promises

Edited by boxcarracer2990, 16 May 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#2 ShamBam

ShamBam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

Dude so much improvement! Man I wanna invest in one of those but the thought of needles pricking my face scares me. When you start bleeding do you scab or anything?

#3 FeelsGood

FeelsGood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Hey, I don't think you should be applying AHA cream and BP(assuming benzoyl peroxide) to your face after dermarolling. It causes unnecessary inflammation. Anyway, good luck broseph.

#4 FeelsGood

FeelsGood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (ShamBam @ Feb 17 2011, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude so much improvement! Man I wanna invest in one of those but the thought of needles pricking my face scares me. When you start bleeding do you scab or anything?

Nah it doesn't scab. It's like little tiny blood dots that come out and once you wash it off with water, it's just looks red. It seems to only bleed where there's a scar, at least that is the case for me. I was nervous about using it when I read about it last year but it's not that serious. I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for the studies and research that concludes it does work.

#5 PaulyD

PaulyD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

looks like your scars are filling up nicely!
SCARS SUCK :(

#6 Mr.Don

Mr.Don

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

Your scars are very mild. Probably not visible in normal lightning.

#7 bambeano

bambeano

-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (ShamBam @ Feb 17 2011, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't get exciting as of yet. It's still the micro-swelling phase (term is vague).

#8 nessco21

nessco21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Looks good so far! Can't wait to see more progress!
I won't tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

#9 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:27 AM

make sure to update us! good luck dear!
Eff my life. I'm done. Eff everything.

#10 Ella916

Ella916

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for sharing! Am hoping to try Dermaroller soon so I'm hopeful after seeing this!

#11 boxcarracer2990

boxcarracer2990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (ShamBam @ Feb 17 2011, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry i'm a few months late. but no scabbing. and it doesn't really "bleed" per say. there are little dots of blood that just rinse away and then no more blood. just redness for maybe a day or two

#12 Bonbonique

Bonbonique

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Hey any more improvement? Ur scarring is similar to mine

#13 FutureScarless

FutureScarless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

After your second roll, you're still red which means there's still microswelling. And after your fourth roll, well, I really don't see the point in posting a picture right after you roll, as it's no benefit to anyone. How are we supposed to see the improvements? You're quite obviously still swelling.

Edited by FutureScarless, 16 May 2011 - 08:36 PM.