Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fish Oil/Flax/EPO all break me out!!!

6 posts in this topic

Ive tried all three and they all give me cystic bumps but do help with my sebum output..My chin is a congested mess of built up sebum that i cant control...It is also dry and irritated..I read a good article on Omega 3 & 6's and their proper balance..my diet is good but i definetly dont get enough omega 3 and linoleic acid so my body is producing more oleic acid which is generally where the hard dry sebum plugs form from..What is another good essential fatty acid to take if i cant take fish oil, flaxseed oil or evening primrose oil? Anyone please?

hi

do you like salmon? or other fatty fishes they are a good sourse of omega 3's I think, I think we are supposed to shoot for 2-3 days a week.

I sent you a private message.

bizi

i got your message and no im not a fish eater at all..I tried salmon for the first time in my life two weeks ago and broke out into a rash the next day...I know I need more linoleic acid but dont know how to incorporate into my diet when fish oils seem to be a problem

i got your message and no im not a fish eater at all..I tried salmon for the first time in my life two weeks ago and broke out into a rash the next day...I know I need more linoleic acid but dont know how to incorporate into my diet when fish oils seem to be a problem

because every time i take one of these supplements i get a huge welt like hive the next day. when i ate the salmon i broke out in tons of bumps on my center cheek where i never break out

Linoleic acid does not come from salmon, but rather from grapeseed or safflower oil.

alpha-linoleic acid comes from flax.

Fish oils can be rancid as can flax oil. Flax oil is probably better if it comes in a dark bottle and is immediately refrigerated, but polyunsaturated fatty acids in general are highly unstable. I could see that giving you pimples if you are ingesting oxidized PUFA.