fish oil

5 replies to this topic

#1 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

Ive tried all three and they all give me cystic bumps but do help with my sebum output..My chin is a congested mess of built up sebum that i cant control...It is also dry and irritated..I read a good article on Omega 3 & 6's and their proper balance..my diet is good but i definetly dont get enough omega 3 and linoleic acid so my body is producing more oleic acid which is generally where the hard dry sebum plugs form from..What is another good essential fatty acid to take if i cant take fish oil, flaxseed oil or evening primrose oil? Anyone please?

#2 bizi

bizi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:looking for support while trying alternative options to clearer skin. thinking about trying the paleo diet.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

hi
do you like salmon? or other fatty fishes they are a good sourse of omega 3's I think, I think we are supposed to shoot for 2-3 days a week.
I sent you a private message.
bizi

#3 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

i got your message and no im not a fish eater at all..I tried salmon for the first time in my life two weeks ago and broke out into a rash the next day...I know I need more linoleic acid but dont know how to incorporate into my diet when fish oils seem to be a problem

#4 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (wicky @ Feb 18 2011, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i got your message and no im not a fish eater at all..I tried salmon for the first time in my life two weeks ago and broke out into a rash the next day...I know I need more linoleic acid but dont know how to incorporate into my diet when fish oils seem to be a problem

How do you KNOW that's what caused your breakout?

If you're someone that breaks out on a regular basis already you can't really know thats what caused it unless you were totally clear and then took fish oil or flax oil etc, and THEN broke out after you took is.............
Is that what happened?

#5 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

because every time i take one of these supplements i get a huge welt like hive the next day. when i ate the salmon i broke out in tons of bumps on my center cheek where i never break out

#6 NewBrigade

NewBrigade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Linoleic acid does not come from salmon, but rather from grapeseed or safflower oil.
alpha-linoleic acid comes from flax.

Fish oils can be rancid as can flax oil. Flax oil is probably better if it comes in a dark bottle and is immediately refrigerated, but polyunsaturated fatty acids in general are highly unstable. I could see that giving you pimples if you are ingesting oxidized PUFA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users