Photo

Thatprimalguy's Anti-Candida Log

garlic ginger green smoothie candida probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#21 iamthat

iamthat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Pangarl @ Mar 4 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 17

My skin feels pretty smooth all over my body today - no large and painful body pimples like there were just a few days ago. I've been eating pretty much meat and veges and eggs the past few days, and have cut out tomatoes and cut down on butter. Reintroducing eggs may also have done some good. I also took a day off antifungals, just to give my body a break, and now I'm just taking coconut oil for a while, not taking garlic apart from what's in my food. Apart from drinking garlic chunks making me feel ill, I think I was hitting too hard with the antifungals maybe. Anyway, I'm still getting symptoms of die-off occasionally like diarrhea, itchy butt, and stomach upsets, so who knows how long it will take to get over that. Thankfully my face has stayed clear, though my neck has played up a bit.

That is all.

Glad to hear all of your improvement!! I have been gettng bad die offs too since I started the garlic tea. Have you noticed that you smell any different (from your armpits and feet?)

I am clear now...

My candida diet log and my raw vegan log combined... has lots of info please read first post or last page for updates on how to get clear!!

http://www.acne.org/...e/page__st__200

How to heal scars and clear skin>>>>

>>>> Water fast!  Here is my water fasting log

http://www.acne.org/...for-clear-skin/

Good luck everyone... I too have stood in your shoes.. <3 You can get clear now change your thoughts, change your life.. Believe your beautiful to see results.. Drink green juice.. Eat raw vegan for a few weeks.. Water fast.. 

#22 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Day 24

So a little mixed news to report. Basically I was in need of a quick meal 3 nights ago and decided on curried sausages. I bought all the best ingredients I could, so the curry powder was fresh etc, the stock had no preservatives. However even the best sausage I could get (I didn't go to a butcher) was only 80% beef, and had potato starch and dextrose as minor ingredients. The day after I first had it, I felt pretty tired, and thought my face looked more blotchy and my dark circles darker. However, I did get only 5 or so hours sleep that night so it's hard to tell. The next night, I had ham, cucumber, and avocado for a simple, no carb dinner, and the day after that I think I felt and looked somewhat better than after the sausage. Last night I ate the rest of the curried sausages (I froze them) and today, while I don't feel tired, I did sleep 10 hours, and I think my dark circles look darker than usual. All that's to say that I don't know for sure if sausages affected me, but considering I had similar impacts after drinking coconut milk and having take-out indian, I'd say my body is pretty sensitive to sugars and preservatives. I'll substitute pure beef mince for sausages from now on.

In other news, I have a few very small spots on my face, for perhaps the first time in 3 weeks or so. This diet + taurine has seemed to completely kill the face spots. I think the culprit here (apart from lack of sleep) is that I ran out of lemon and soda water the past 2 days, so I've only been taking the taurine with a bit of ACV. I've never been able to confirm taurine as effective without the lemon/soda combo, so that could be it (I tend to deteriorate relatively quickly without taurine). I'll take some today. It could also be just that I was in such a rush the past few days that I didn't have breakfast at home but had to order bacon/eggs from the college cafe. I assume their eggs aren't free range, etc, so they probably had a lot less good stuff in them. After those few days though, I'm going to be tightening up my schedule so as to allow for more control over my eating. I would still say that, overall, I'm eating quite well - very low carbs, and getting lots of healthy fats and protein.

On to the good news! I believe my diet may finally be having an impact on my chest - the pores seem to be shrinking significantly, and over a few days, as well, not just a single occurrence. One thing I've been plagued with since my initial body breakout is large blackheads on my chest, but as of the past 2 days I don't have any - the pores are shrinking, and while still visible, appear much more normal. Also, there are few/no spots on my abs/chest, where 10 days ago I had a massive breakout there (from die-off, I think).

In other good news, this diet, while aimed at acne, does appear to have dropped all my body fat into muscle, so my physique at the moment could best be described at lean and well-muscled, which my girlfriend appreciates smile.gif

So in sum - I seem to have experienced a temporary drop in the "glowy" benefits of the anti-candida diet, due to stress/lack of sleep/food choice, but overall, improvements seem to be ongoing.

#23 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

Day 25

A little bit of annoying news - the small pimple above my lip broke out a bit into a slightly bigger whitehead. This annoys me, since I haven't had a proper whitehead on my face (or really anything) in over 2 weeks. Also, my lower neck around the shoulders has broken out a bit (my neck seems to be the most sensitive barometer of anything being wrong.

Since this all started around the time of sausages being introduced into my diet (and skipping taurine for a bit) I'm going to go ahead and lay the (probably) blame there. Apart from that I feel really healthy, but I look a bit crappy in general. I'm hoping it's a combo of backlash from the sausages and the fact that I went out last night - I didn't drink, but I did get home late, fairly sweaty, and fall asleep before washing my face. That's generally never a great thing.

I have been reading up a lot about bacon and ham - the consensus seems to be that bacon isn't great, and ham, though a bit better, might be better avoided. I -have- eaten a lot of leg ham over the past few days (it's such a great snack!) and I really hope that isn't a contributor. I'm not sure it is, since I ate a tonne of bacon earlier in the diet when my skin was all clear and I was reaping heaps of benefits. I might stay on ham and away from bacon, and try to get better quality ham.

On that note, I've found an organic farm near me that will deliver fully organic, grass fed, hormone/antibiotic free meat and eggs to my door, for only $15 per delivery. I've checked out their prices and they're comparable/better than the supermarket, so I think I'll switch to buying in bulk though them. Better quality meat is always a good thing.

Anyhow, that's the state of things - feeling a little lame about this minor downturn, but for all I know, it's a die-off phase. I'll avoid sausages and stay on my taurine for the foreseeable future, however. I really hope I can get back what I had for a while - the glowing skin and reduced baggy-eyes. The last two nights I've eaten really healthy dinners - lots of vegetables, lots of spices, lots of meat, so hopefully I'll see some benefit from that soon.

QUOTE (biologygirly @ Mar 4 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear all of your improvement!! I have been gettng bad die offs too since I started the garlic tea. Have you noticed that you smell any different (from your armpits and feet?)

I haven't actually been taking enough garlic to notice any difference in the way I smell (sorry it took me so long to reply! I didn't see your post). I occasionally will mince 2 cloves and scoff them down, but mostly I just take a few tablespoons of coconut oil at night to get my antifungals for the day. I cook with a fair bit of garlic and spices, so I don't make garlic tea.

Also, I am planning to start supplementing in the next few days (probably once I stabilise from this minor breakout) - so hopefully that will bring some improvement smile.gif

#24 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Day 28

My face has gone back to being clear, and I've been feeling much more energetic and less of the brain-fuzzy tiredness. This would seem to be due to me being back on a strict meat/vegetables diet without sausages or much ham. So far each deviation from the strict candida diet has left me feeling like crap, so I'm going to try to trust it more and stick with the plan. I've ordered a large amount of meat from a local farm that should arrive in a few days, and will be picking up some supplements today (will start use on day 30 for symmetry). Thankfully I get my first real paycheck in the next few days, as buying all this food etc is running my cash supplies low.

That's all for now smile.gif

#25 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

Day 30

Feeling really good. I cooked stuffed peppers with home-made salsa and spicy guacamole today. It was probably the tastiest meal I've had in a long time.

Started today off with a fast (didn't eat until 10 pm) as I'm beginning supplements and just thought it would be good to start light.

Supplements I'm taking:

Morning:
-5ml's Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Fish oil (punch flavored). This is enough to get a tonne of omega 3's (about as much as 7 capsules, depending on the brand).
-Microgenics complete antioxidant - I wanted to find the best antioxidant I could (at a decent price) and this looked to fit the bill. Has all the major antioxidants in a balanced formula, and includes vitamin A, C, and E

Lunch:
- 2 tablets Source Naturals Vitamin D-3 (equiv 2000IU). I take this around/with lunch because I figure we're naturally designed to get most of our sunlight around noon. Not sure how long this takes to absorb, but it's as good a time as any.

Afternoon:
- Taurine with lemon juice, detailed elsewhere

Evening
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I cook with it to get more, and it's too expensive to chug down heaps). I should note that I recently changes from Nutiva to Jarrow brand, which is deodorized. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it.
- 1 tablet ethical nutrients inner health plus probiotic

I've tried to put together the best and most essential supplements. I'm taking a lot of advice from Mark's Daily Apple (Paleo site that's quite good science), and apparently once grains and such are eliminated, you need a lot less calcium/magnesium, because the uptake of these in the body is blocked by grains and legumes. Also not supplementing vitamin B or K because I eat so much eggs, meat, and vegetables. The vitamin A is because I don't eat carrots, and C because I don't eat fruit (bar a little lemon juice). I get vitamin E from grapeseed oil when cooking, and other sources, but there's a little in the antioxidant, and I figure it can't hurt.

I may move on to a stronger dose of antioxidant once I'm sure my finances can handle it, but I think what I've got is good for now.

My skin is great all over my face and I feel/look great. My neck is cleared up just about. Chest is really good while I have 1 or two small spots on my abs. My back actually seems to be improving. Overall the feeling that my whole body is covered in blackheads is going away, so hopefully I'm seeing some success at the month mark.

#26 carlybee

carlybee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

hey pan!

i just went through your old regimen blog and now this one because i'm trying to get some inspiration for my own anti candida diet which doesn't seem to be going well today. congratulations on all the progress you've made w/ your body acne - your face looks amazing! i looked at the pictures and am very impressed. fingers crossed that there is hope for me...

anyway, the big inspiration i've gotten from your blog is taurine which i'm considering starting up. i'm not sure where to find it since there's no health food store where i live, but i'll figure it out. how much do you take of this?

i look forward to continue reading your log. best of luck!!

#27 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hi carly,

First off, thanks, it's always nice to get good comments smile.gif Taurine can indeed be hard to find - it won't be in a normal chemist. You can get it from a bodybuilding store, but it will be pretty expensive. The best way is to find a wholesaler online - I buy mine in 500g tubs. As for dosage, early on I split it into 2 serves of 2.5 grams each, once in the morning, and once at night. Now I just take a teaspoon (5 grams) at night, though I find first thing in the morning is more effective. If you've read the log, you'll know how I take it with lemon juice and soda water - it's up to you, but if you try to drink it with normal water it will stick to your mouth a bit, whereas soda water washes it down (don't dissolve it, just swallow the powder and wash it down). I wish you all the best with your efforts smile.gif - I don't think anything is the silver bullet for everyone, but this one certainly worked for me, and others, so you've got a good shot.

In other news:

It's day 36, and my body is doing really well. My only cheat was to try a slice of some pork my dad rooasted that had a marinade with some sugar. So hopefully that wasn't a big deal. I left my probiotics at my girlfriend's place though, so I haven't had them for a day or two. Going to pick up some more today. After I first started antibiotics I seemed to get a reaction, lots of action around the base of my neck etc. But that seems to have died down, my arms are clear, my chest is clear(er) and my back... is hard to tell.

The only bad thing is that I have a single, small but angry pimple under my lip. I hate lip pimples! I also hate only having a single pimple, because it makes you wonder what you did wrong, even though it's probably just chance. I'm guessing this one might be attributed to a night without sleep (got too into ordering hiking gear from ebay) and excessive kissing (my girlfriend can be very demanding tongue.gif). So hopefully that's an isolated incident. Other than that, the quality of my face skin has never been better - my pores even seem smaller.

That's all for now smile.gif

#28 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Double post sorry

Edited by Pangarl, 25 March 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#29 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Still day 36 - I meant probiotics btw.

I got another pimple above my lip and a small forehead one, I feel a little inflamed overall - hopefully they're just from this sleep deprivation and not my new coconut oil or anything else in my diet, such as all the new pills. I'm having trouble thinking of much, so hopefully it's nothing major. Had to have a quick meal today - got roast beef and chicken from the deli and had them with avocado in lettuce leaves. Tasty, though not the finest meat.

Overall I've been having fun getting into the primal lifestyle. The learning to cook has made me more independent overall, and with the singing lessons I'm taking I'm getting stuff done I've wanted to do for a while. I ordered a large amount of camping/hiking gear so I can get out into nature and get some fresh air, exercise, sunlight, and calm. I've also bought a fancy fountain pen to inspire me to finally get my writing underway - I want to start on short stories and journaling and move up from there. I've read up on the benefits of writing therapy etc.

I'm basically trying to get all the things I've been putting off into motion, and at the same time become more tranquil and calm, accepting things as they are. Living on local food, enjoying the taste of my cooking, how close I'm becoming with my girlfriend, and the time I'm spending on self-improvement. It's a good time overall - I just hope it has the side-effect of curing that stubborn body acne ^^

#30 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

Day 44,

My face has cleared up, though it's a bit more blackhead-active than it was at its best. Over the last few days I've stuck strictly to the diet, but on Day 40 my dinner was deli roast beef with sun dried tomatoes in oil. At the moment I'm noticing some pimples over my neck and body - it's possible it was that food, but it could also be die-off. I've been on double dosage of new probiotics (fresh means full strength) which can cause a die-off reaction, as they fight back bacteria. I did get massive dehydration last night, a die-off symptom I haven't gotten since the first few weeks. We'll have to see how it goes. Overall I'd say things are slightly improving, my upper back is better.

#31 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

Day 47

Today seems to be a good day - I feel like I've recaptured the pale clear glow I gained earlier on in the diet. I've been eating well - lots of vegetables, tomato, onion, all kinds of clean, good quality meat. I've also started cooking my own lunches (this week, meatballs and zuchinni) instead of eating the roast lunches from the university, which are of somewhat questionable origin (no idea where the meat comes from, or if the vegetables are steamed in a microwave, which I've been avoiding). I snacked on a few macadamias and a half handful of grapes through the week, but nothing serious. I also cooked using a few bottled things like mustard (low carb, good ingredients) and diced tomatoes (good quality), which has improved the quality of my food, and hasn't seemed to harm me. While my body progress has been slow, it is happening, and I'm encouraged by my face going all nice again.

Lastly, I've also been drinking a great deal of water the past day or two (have a big bottle at my work desk) so I may have been less dehydrated. Overall, pretty happy with the way things are going.

Edit - I've also been slacking off on the coconut oil as an antifungal over the past week since I found out my new one isn't virgin. I've cooked with it a fair bit, so I'm getting some, and plenty of garlic, but mostly I'm using a double dose of probiotics as my main antifungal. I might increase this over the next week if I feel up to it.

Edited by Pangarl, 04 April 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#32 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

Day 48

Had a bit of an inflammatory episode yesterday - Got some bumps on my right arm - it made me realize how much clearer I've been lately - my arms have felt good to rub my hands against, nice and smooth. But these bumps have turned into whiteheads and become very inflamed. I have suspicions. I decided the day before to try nuts (macadamias) for the first time in months. I figure I may have just had a reaction to that. Only other thing is I cooked my chicken dish with mustard, which does has a small amount of vinegar (not advised for candida diet) but that seems a little extreme. Apart from that, all is well - I made excellent slow cooker pork and turned it into a nice stir fry, and there's still plenty left for a curry at the end of the week.

#33 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

Well, scratch that last post - all of a sudden my forehead is itching like crazy - and the only thing of consequence I had today was the mustard. I'll be ruling that out of my diet for a while, sadly. It seems every time I deviate even slightly from the strictest regulations I pay for it. I'd almost believe it could be psychological - surely I can't be this sensitive to -everything- that isn't strictly anti-candida? The only other option is I took some garlic yesterday for the first time in a week to act as an antifungal, but that's a long shot. Oh well.

sad.gif

#34 iamthat

iamthat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Pangarl @ Apr 6 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, scratch that last post - all of a sudden my forehead is itching like crazy - and the only thing of consequence I had today was the mustard. I'll be ruling that out of my diet for a while, sadly. It seems every time I deviate even slightly from the strictest regulations I pay for it. I'd almost believe it could be psychological - surely I can't be this sensitive to -everything- that isn't strictly anti-candida? The only other option is I took some garlic yesterday for the first time in a week to act as an antifungal, but that's a long shot. Oh well.

sad.gif

Here is a mustard that Bee approved. I havnt tried it but I would like to

smile.gif

http://www.edenfoods...ex.php?cPath=26

I am clear now...

My candida diet log and my raw vegan log combined... has lots of info please read first post or last page for updates on how to get clear!!

Good luck everyone... I too have stood in your shoes.. <3 You can get clear now change your thoughts, change your life.. Believe your beautiful to see results.. Drink green juice.. Eat raw vegan for a few weeks.. Water fast.. 

#35 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions smile.gif not sure I'll be able to find it in australia, but I'll keep my eye out for and ACV based mustard. I meant to amend that last post actually, as I'm not sure the mustard was a culprit - the itching subsided after a little while and I didn't get any more reactions or breakouts, which I would have expected. Still, staying away from cheats for a while (except I snuck a little of the pre-flavored/basted/whatever turkey roast that my mum made last night while I was waiting for my beef curry to heat in the oven. Probably not too bad, as I didn't have stuffing, but the skin had minor amounts of flour, I'm sure. Also snuck two pieces of roast potato, but hopefully that's ok, since the rest of my day was carb-free.

Anyhow, going back on garlic (up to 2 cloves a day again) gave me an initial die-off again, but this time nowhere near as bad as my initial reaction. I got a little tired the morning after, and got some nasty chest breakouts (that's where the dieoff seems to show). But apart from that, and a minor flu-ey feeling yesterday, I'm feeling remarkably good, and my face has remained clear. I'm taking this as a sign that 2 months of low-carb dieting has weakened the overgrowth.

I ordered pure clove oil, which arrived (it's supposed to be a strong antifungal up there with grapefruit seed extract and oil of oregano, but I can't find the other two in australia, so I was glad to find it). You're supposed to start with 1 drop in water, three times a day, according to bee, so I'm going to start that after a few more days of garlic if I still feel ok. Hopefully that will have a stronger impact.

Only other thing is that I really need to get some more coconut oil - I've been cooking with ghee butter since I found out my coconut oil isn't virgin (and it kinda smells funny now) but I'd like to get the nutrients in it, so I'll try to get another virgin batch as soon as I can.

Edited by Pangarl, 10 April 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#36 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Day 57

So after nearly two months on the candida diet I'm seeing really good results. I'm finally getting real progress on the areas I started the diet to fix (my back, chest, arms). My arms are clear, and my chest is clear except for some healing marks from the die-off breakout I got when I went back on garlic (or a reaction to macadamias, not sure).

My back was actually improving really well, though it's had a slight dip lately. That's either a delayed die-off reaction from bringing back garlic or something to do with the deli meat and sundried tomatoes I had for supper two nights ago. Still, even now it's doing really well - there are some spots, but a much larger portion of clear skin. For a while there it was just a few older, fading spots.

In general, I feel like my whole body is starting to shift towards the way it should be, like my face - pale, clear, and smooth. While I still get some spots at this point, they stand out more because the general skin quality is improving. I saw a similar thing way back when my face was healing, so I'm feeling quite hopeful. I'm no longer having any real trouble sticking with the diet since my cooking skills have improved so dramatically (A total immersion crash course will do that smile.gif) and I now just buy large cuts of meat, cook them, and use that in quick and easy meals with lots of varied vegetables. The only cheats are when I'm away from home and hungry and I'll grab a whole chicken or some sliced beef from the deli at the local supermarket. It's not too bad a cheat, just a question of the meat quality and any possible seasonings or treatment. Still, I feel I'm being pretty strict overall, and it's working out pretty well.

That's all for now,
Pan

*Edit (after dinner)*

Well, my girlfriend complimented how well my skin is going, which is nice. But tonight my honors supervisor and his wife took us out to eat at a tibetan restaurant. I stayed as close to the diet as I could, but I had some tofu in the soup (soy products not being highly advised) as well as some soy sauce in the main dish, and I ate the two little cracker/wafer things that came with it. Also had a fair few red grapes before we went out. Probably not a huge deal but just documenting my cheats. The back flairing up from die-off is annoying after it coming so close to clarity but I'll hope the improvements keep up after this.

Edited by Pangarl, 16 April 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#37 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

Day 60,

A few things to report -

My skin's still holding up. Apart from the back breakout that I predicted (as a delayed die-off) things are improving still. My whole front has gotten a lot better, with my entire front torso being smooth and clear at the moment. I got a few arm pimples etc which may have been from cheats or w/e, but good apart from that. I went to the sunday farmer's markets in a new place yesterday, and not only did I score some cheap-as virgin coconut oil (yay!) I also managed to find a big bunch of kale (which our supermarkets, for some reason, don't stock. Stupid Australia). So now I'm cooking with coconut oil again, probably taking in at least a tablespoon a day, alongside the two cloves of garlic and probiotics. I'm also up to 2 drops of clove oil in water a day, though I'm being careful with it, cus that stuff burns if you don't mix it right. Might start taking icecubes with it. So basically I'm doing a lot of things to fight the candida at the moment, and it seems to be working.

On a sidenote, my girlfriend told me today that I looked great, and that I looked really tan compared to usual (which is relatively pale, a tone I'm fine with, but usually can't get to tan even if I try). The only thing I could think of is that I went out in the sunny markets before showering for the day, so maybe the oils in my skin helped absorb more UV? but that seemed like weird science. So I did some checking and apparently kale (which I cooked into a big side dish last night) is really high in caretinoids, and has been shown to give people a healthy tan-like glow. Considering I've been eating a lot of bell peppers and tomatoes and some spinach (some of the other caretonoids) it may be that the boost from the kale gave me a more obvious glow. I think I'll try to get a steady supply of it, as it's pretty tasty stuff for how healthy it is smile.gif.

Pan out

#38 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

Day 62,

So today was probably one of my worst cheats to date, and I didn't even realize it! My dad, who's been going paleo, has stocked the fridge with "healthy" treats. I opened a bag of dates, didn't really know what they were, and tried one. It was so delicious I asked my dad what they were and then couldn't help having another. Since I've passed the 2 month mark of my candida diet I've been incorporating a little fruit in the form of red grapes, and a few of the "in moderation" vegetables like carrots on rare occasions, so I figured a date or two couldn't hurt. However, after looking on nutritiondata, each of those dates had 15-16g of sugar! that's 30 grams of sugary carbs, more than my usual daily allowance (which hovers around 25 grams total, mostly from vegetables). It was only two dates, so I can hope that it doesn't come back to bite me, but I'd take them back if I could. Oh well - overall progress is still slowly grinding forward.

Apart from that, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of the last introduction of new antifungals - got two spots on my neck, my back's still getting over it's flare-up, and I got an angry big thing on my left arm. Hopefully after this episode things will decline like they have been doing.

Pan out.

#39 ThatPrimalGuy

ThatPrimalGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

So things are going good! smile.gif

Here's what my regimen looks like:

Foodwise:
Lots of healthy vegetables, espescially greens, avoiding legumes and most root vegetables except turnips and the odd carrot
Lots of healthy meats, grassfed as much as possible
Free range eggs
Lots of good fats: I alternate cooking between coconut oil, ghee butter, rendered fat from my cooking, and olive oil. I also eat avocado, healthy animal meat/fat, etc.

Supplements:
2000 IU Vitamin D
1 combination antioxidant
2 capsules inner health plus probiotic
1 teaspoon taurine with lemon
~ 1 teaspoon salt
5ml Fish oil

Antifungals
3 drops of clove oil twice a day (potent antifungal, also most powerful antioxidant known to man)
Probiotics (also an antifungal)
Garlic (2 cloves every day or second day)
Coconut oil (cook with it and supplement about 2 tablespoons most days)

Topicals:
Cetaphil lotion as a facewash
Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula as bodywash/moisterizer (switched from dove)

I mentioned things have been going well, and they have. My face is looking better than ever, feeling very healthy. Not just clear skin but it seems to be back to a nice glow. My girlfriend also tells me that I seem more healthy and good looking overall. I've been using palmers on my body for a few days, and so far so good, though my body acne is taking a while. I haven't felt any tiredness or headaches.

I've discovered the benefits of salt, having done some reading on the forums. It regulates blood sugar, increases wound healing, and water retention. Since I've had problems with dehydration, slow healing skin, and problems with sugar, I finally figured it was probably a factor. Further, the Taurine that's always helped me has a function as a sodium regulator. Thus, I've been supplementing throughout the day with Celtic sea salt, aiming for a full teaspoon a day, for the last few days. I've been feeling better and better. I've also been making my own lunch from a large slow cooker roast through the week, so I know where all my food comes from.

Basically I'm feeling like I'm finally getting on top of things. I have had some recently die-off reactions, quite strong ones, such as a bout of diarrhea, digestive discomfort, and last night, some crazy welt-like things on my thigh, chest, etc (I didnt put my new moisterizer on my thighs either). The welts were either die-off or spider bites (apparently we have baby spiders in our bathroom), but I lean to die-off, since they were gone quickly the next morning. Despite these reactions, I feel good, because they've been fading faster and faster. I've been healing better, and I seem to return to equilibrium faster after any reaction. I have the feeling that if I can continue on this trajectory, my face will stay great, and my body will heal.

Oh, one last thing - I've discovered that in addition to its many other uses, coconut oil serves remarkably well as a hair conditioner. I wash a bit into dry hair in the afternoon, let it set through for a few hours, then shower it out and shampoo. Leaves my hair really nice and soft (it's apparently been used this way in asia for ages). Because of this I've ordered some cocoa butter to mix with coconut oil and beeswax to make my own moisteriser (with no mineral oil).

That's about all for now - a good report, for once.

Edited by Pangarl, 30 April 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#40 iamthat

iamthat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

Glad to hear your updates and that you are doing so well!! Maybe I will try adding in some clove oil.. smile.gif

I am clear now...