Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thatprimalguy's Anti-Candida Log

98 posts in this topic

hey pan!

i just went through your old regimen blog and now this one because i'm trying to get some inspiration for my own anti candida diet which doesn't seem to be going well today. congratulations on all the progress you've made w/ your body acne - your face looks amazing! i looked at the pictures and am very impressed. fingers crossed that there is hope for me...

anyway, the big inspiration i've gotten from your blog is taurine which i'm considering starting up. i'm not sure where to find it since there's no health food store where i live, but i'll figure it out. how much do you take of this?

i look forward to continue reading your log. best of luck!!

Hi carly,

First off, thanks, it's always nice to get good comments :) Taurine can indeed be hard to find - it won't be in a normal chemist. You can get it from a bodybuilding store, but it will be pretty expensive. The best way is to find a wholesaler online - I buy mine in 500g tubs. As for dosage, early on I split it into 2 serves of 2.5 grams each, once in the morning, and once at night. Now I just take a teaspoon (5 grams) at night, though I find first thing in the morning is more effective. If you've read the log, you'll know how I take it with lemon juice and soda water - it's up to you, but if you try to drink it with normal water it will stick to your mouth a bit, whereas soda water washes it down (don't dissolve it, just swallow the powder and wash it down). I wish you all the best with your efforts :) - I don't think anything is the silver bullet for everyone, but this one certainly worked for me, and others, so you've got a good shot.

In other news:

It's day 36, and my body is doing really well. My only cheat was to try a slice of some pork my dad rooasted that had a marinade with some sugar. So hopefully that wasn't a big deal. I left my probiotics at my girlfriend's place though, so I haven't had them for a day or two. Going to pick up some more today. After I first started antibiotics I seemed to get a reaction, lots of action around the base of my neck etc. But that seems to have died down, my arms are clear, my chest is clear(er) and my back... is hard to tell.

The only bad thing is that I have a single, small but angry pimple under my lip. I hate lip pimples! I also hate only having a single pimple, because it makes you wonder what you did wrong, even though it's probably just chance. I'm guessing this one might be attributed to a night without sleep (got too into ordering hiking gear from ebay) and excessive kissing (my girlfriend can be very demanding :P). So hopefully that's an isolated incident. Other than that, the quality of my face skin has never been better - my pores even seem smaller.

That's all for now :)

Still day 36 - I meant probiotics btw.

I got another pimple above my lip and a small forehead one, I feel a little inflamed overall - hopefully they're just from this sleep deprivation and not my new coconut oil or anything else in my diet, such as all the new pills. I'm having trouble thinking of much, so hopefully it's nothing major. Had to have a quick meal today - got roast beef and chicken from the deli and had them with avocado in lettuce leaves. Tasty, though not the finest meat.

Overall I've been having fun getting into the primal lifestyle. The learning to cook has made me more independent overall, and with the singing lessons I'm taking I'm getting stuff done I've wanted to do for a while. I ordered a large amount of camping/hiking gear so I can get out into nature and get some fresh air, exercise, sunlight, and calm. I've also bought a fancy fountain pen to inspire me to finally get my writing underway - I want to start on short stories and journaling and move up from there. I've read up on the benefits of writing therapy etc.

I'm basically trying to get all the things I've been putting off into motion, and at the same time become more tranquil and calm, accepting things as they are. Living on local food, enjoying the taste of my cooking, how close I'm becoming with my girlfriend, and the time I'm spending on self-improvement. It's a good time overall - I just hope it has the side-effect of curing that stubborn body acne ^^

Day 44,

My face has cleared up, though it's a bit more blackhead-active than it was at its best. Over the last few days I've stuck strictly to the diet, but on Day 40 my dinner was deli roast beef with sun dried tomatoes in oil. At the moment I'm noticing some pimples over my neck and body - it's possible it was that food, but it could also be die-off. I've been on double dosage of new probiotics (fresh means full strength) which can cause a die-off reaction, as they fight back bacteria. I did get massive dehydration last night, a die-off symptom I haven't gotten since the first few weeks. We'll have to see how it goes. Overall I'd say things are slightly improving, my upper back is better.

Day 47

Today seems to be a good day - I feel like I've recaptured the pale clear glow I gained earlier on in the diet. I've been eating well - lots of vegetables, tomato, onion, all kinds of clean, good quality meat. I've also started cooking my own lunches (this week, meatballs and zuchinni) instead of eating the roast lunches from the university, which are of somewhat questionable origin (no idea where the meat comes from, or if the vegetables are steamed in a microwave, which I've been avoiding). I snacked on a few macadamias and a half handful of grapes through the week, but nothing serious. I also cooked using a few bottled things like mustard (low carb, good ingredients) and diced tomatoes (good quality), which has improved the quality of my food, and hasn't seemed to harm me. While my body progress has been slow, it is happening, and I'm encouraged by my face going all nice again.

Lastly, I've also been drinking a great deal of water the past day or two (have a big bottle at my work desk) so I may have been less dehydrated. Overall, pretty happy with the way things are going.

Edit - I've also been slacking off on the coconut oil as an antifungal over the past week since I found out my new one isn't virgin. I've cooked with it a fair bit, so I'm getting some, and plenty of garlic, but mostly I'm using a double dose of probiotics as my main antifungal. I might increase this over the next week if I feel up to it.

Day 48

Had a bit of an inflammatory episode yesterday - Got some bumps on my right arm - it made me realize how much clearer I've been lately - my arms have felt good to rub my hands against, nice and smooth. But these bumps have turned into whiteheads and become very inflamed. I have suspicions. I decided the day before to try nuts (macadamias) for the first time in months. I figure I may have just had a reaction to that. Only other thing is I cooked my chicken dish with mustard, which does has a small amount of vinegar (not advised for candida diet) but that seems a little extreme. Apart from that, all is well - I made excellent slow cooker pork and turned it into a nice stir fry, and there's still plenty left for a curry at the end of the week.

Well, scratch that last post - all of a sudden my forehead is itching like crazy - and the only thing of consequence I had today was the mustard. I'll be ruling that out of my diet for a while, sadly. It seems every time I deviate even slightly from the strictest regulations I pay for it. I'd almost believe it could be psychological - surely I can't be this sensitive to -everything- that isn't strictly anti-candida? The only other option is I took some garlic yesterday for the first time in a week to act as an antifungal, but that's a long shot. Oh well.

:(

Well, scratch that last post - all of a sudden my forehead is itching like crazy - and the only thing of consequence I had today was the mustard. I'll be ruling that out of my diet for a while, sadly. It seems every time I deviate even slightly from the strictest regulations I pay for it. I'd almost believe it could be psychological - surely I can't be this sensitive to -everything- that isn't strictly anti-candida? The only other option is I took some garlic yesterday for the first time in a week to act as an antifungal, but that's a long shot. Oh well.

:(

Here is a mustard that Bee approved. I havnt tried it but I would like to

:)

http://www.edenfoods.com/store/index.php?cPath=26

I am clear now...

My candida diet log and my raw vegan log combined... has lots of info please read first post or last page for updates on how to get clear!!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/276279-candida-diet-log-95-100-clear-finally-read-first-post-for-all-my-changes-that-helped-me/page__st__200

How to heal scars and clear skin>>>>

>>>> Water fast! Here is my water fasting log

Good luck everyone... I too have stood in your shoes.. <3 You can get clear now change your thoughts, change your life.. Believe your beautiful to see results.. Drink green juice.. Eat raw vegan for a few weeks.. Water fast..

Thanks for the suggestions :) not sure I'll be able to find it in australia, but I'll keep my eye out for and ACV based mustard. I meant to amend that last post actually, as I'm not sure the mustard was a culprit - the itching subsided after a little while and I didn't get any more reactions or breakouts, which I would have expected. Still, staying away from cheats for a while (except I snuck a little of the pre-flavored/basted/whatever turkey roast that my mum made last night while I was waiting for my beef curry to heat in the oven. Probably not too bad, as I didn't have stuffing, but the skin had minor amounts of flour, I'm sure. Also snuck two pieces of roast potato, but hopefully that's ok, since the rest of my day was carb-free.

Anyhow, going back on garlic (up to 2 cloves a day again) gave me an initial die-off again, but this time nowhere near as bad as my initial reaction. I got a little tired the morning after, and got some nasty chest breakouts (that's where the dieoff seems to show). But apart from that, and a minor flu-ey feeling yesterday, I'm feeling remarkably good, and my face has remained clear. I'm taking this as a sign that 2 months of low-carb dieting has weakened the overgrowth.

I ordered pure clove oil, which arrived (it's supposed to be a strong antifungal up there with grapefruit seed extract and oil of oregano, but I can't find the other two in australia, so I was glad to find it). You're supposed to start with 1 drop in water, three times a day, according to bee, so I'm going to start that after a few more days of garlic if I still feel ok. Hopefully that will have a stronger impact.

Only other thing is that I really need to get some more coconut oil - I've been cooking with ghee butter since I found out my coconut oil isn't virgin (and it kinda smells funny now) but I'd like to get the nutrients in it, so I'll try to get another virgin batch as soon as I can.

Day 57

So after nearly two months on the candida diet I'm seeing really good results. I'm finally getting real progress on the areas I started the diet to fix (my back, chest, arms). My arms are clear, and my chest is clear except for some healing marks from the die-off breakout I got when I went back on garlic (or a reaction to macadamias, not sure).

My back was actually improving really well, though it's had a slight dip lately. That's either a delayed die-off reaction from bringing back garlic or something to do with the deli meat and sundried tomatoes I had for supper two nights ago. Still, even now it's doing really well - there are some spots, but a much larger portion of clear skin. For a while there it was just a few older, fading spots.

In general, I feel like my whole body is starting to shift towards the way it should be, like my face - pale, clear, and smooth. While I still get some spots at this point, they stand out more because the general skin quality is improving. I saw a similar thing way back when my face was healing, so I'm feeling quite hopeful. I'm no longer having any real trouble sticking with the diet since my cooking skills have improved so dramatically (A total immersion crash course will do that :)) and I now just buy large cuts of meat, cook them, and use that in quick and easy meals with lots of varied vegetables. The only cheats are when I'm away from home and hungry and I'll grab a whole chicken or some sliced beef from the deli at the local supermarket. It's not too bad a cheat, just a question of the meat quality and any possible seasonings or treatment. Still, I feel I'm being pretty strict overall, and it's working out pretty well.

That's all for now,

Pan

*Edit (after dinner)*

Well, my girlfriend complimented how well my skin is going, which is nice. But tonight my honors supervisor and his wife took us out to eat at a tibetan restaurant. I stayed as close to the diet as I could, but I had some tofu in the soup (soy products not being highly advised) as well as some soy sauce in the main dish, and I ate the two little cracker/wafer things that came with it. Also had a fair few red grapes before we went out. Probably not a huge deal but just documenting my cheats. The back flairing up from die-off is annoying after it coming so close to clarity but I'll hope the improvements keep up after this.

Day 60,

A few things to report -

My skin's still holding up. Apart from the back breakout that I predicted (as a delayed die-off) things are improving still. My whole front has gotten a lot better, with my entire front torso being smooth and clear at the moment. I got a few arm pimples etc which may have been from cheats or w/e, but good apart from that. I went to the sunday farmer's markets in a new place yesterday, and not only did I score some cheap-as virgin coconut oil (yay!) I also managed to find a big bunch of kale (which our supermarkets, for some reason, don't stock. Stupid Australia). So now I'm cooking with coconut oil again, probably taking in at least a tablespoon a day, alongside the two cloves of garlic and probiotics. I'm also up to 2 drops of clove oil in water a day, though I'm being careful with it, cus that stuff burns if you don't mix it right. Might start taking icecubes with it. So basically I'm doing a lot of things to fight the candida at the moment, and it seems to be working.

On a sidenote, my girlfriend told me today that I looked great, and that I looked really tan compared to usual (which is relatively pale, a tone I'm fine with, but usually can't get to tan even if I try). The only thing I could think of is that I went out in the sunny markets before showering for the day, so maybe the oils in my skin helped absorb more UV? but that seemed like weird science. So I did some checking and apparently kale (which I cooked into a big side dish last night) is really high in caretinoids, and has been shown to give people a healthy tan-like glow. Considering I've been eating a lot of bell peppers and tomatoes and some spinach (some of the other caretonoids) it may be that the boost from the kale gave me a more obvious glow. I think I'll try to get a steady supply of it, as it's pretty tasty stuff for how healthy it is :).

Pan out

Day 62,

So today was probably one of my worst cheats to date, and I didn't even realize it! My dad, who's been going paleo, has stocked the fridge with "healthy" treats. I opened a bag of dates, didn't really know what they were, and tried one. It was so delicious I asked my dad what they were and then couldn't help having another. Since I've passed the 2 month mark of my candida diet I've been incorporating a little fruit in the form of red grapes, and a few of the "in moderation" vegetables like carrots on rare occasions, so I figured a date or two couldn't hurt. However, after looking on nutritiondata, each of those dates had 15-16g of sugar! that's 30 grams of sugary carbs, more than my usual daily allowance (which hovers around 25 grams total, mostly from vegetables). It was only two dates, so I can hope that it doesn't come back to bite me, but I'd take them back if I could. Oh well - overall progress is still slowly grinding forward.

Apart from that, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of the last introduction of new antifungals - got two spots on my neck, my back's still getting over it's flare-up, and I got an angry big thing on my left arm. Hopefully after this episode things will decline like they have been doing.

Pan out.

So things are going good! :)

Here's what my regimen looks like:

Foodwise:

Lots of healthy vegetables, espescially greens, avoiding legumes and most root vegetables except turnips and the odd carrot

Lots of healthy meats, grassfed as much as possible

Free range eggs

Lots of good fats: I alternate cooking between coconut oil, ghee butter, rendered fat from my cooking, and olive oil. I also eat avocado, healthy animal meat/fat, etc.

Supplements:

2000 IU Vitamin D

1 combination antioxidant

2 capsules inner health plus probiotic

1 teaspoon taurine with lemon

~ 1 teaspoon salt

5ml Fish oil

Antifungals

3 drops of clove oil twice a day (potent antifungal, also most powerful antioxidant known to man)

Probiotics (also an antifungal)

Garlic (2 cloves every day or second day)

Coconut oil (cook with it and supplement about 2 tablespoons most days)

Topicals:

Cetaphil lotion as a facewash

Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula as bodywash/moisterizer (switched from dove)

I mentioned things have been going well, and they have. My face is looking better than ever, feeling very healthy. Not just clear skin but it seems to be back to a nice glow. My girlfriend also tells me that I seem more healthy and good looking overall. I've been using palmers on my body for a few days, and so far so good, though my body acne is taking a while. I haven't felt any tiredness or headaches.

I've discovered the benefits of salt, having done some reading on the forums. It regulates blood sugar, increases wound healing, and water retention. Since I've had problems with dehydration, slow healing skin, and problems with sugar, I finally figured it was probably a factor. Further, the Taurine that's always helped me has a function as a sodium regulator. Thus, I've been supplementing throughout the day with Celtic sea salt, aiming for a full teaspoon a day, for the last few days. I've been feeling better and better. I've also been making my own lunch from a large slow cooker roast through the week, so I know where all my food comes from.

Basically I'm feeling like I'm finally getting on top of things. I have had some recently die-off reactions, quite strong ones, such as a bout of diarrhea, digestive discomfort, and last night, some crazy welt-like things on my thigh, chest, etc (I didnt put my new moisterizer on my thighs either). The welts were either die-off or spider bites (apparently we have baby spiders in our bathroom), but I lean to die-off, since they were gone quickly the next morning. Despite these reactions, I feel good, because they've been fading faster and faster. I've been healing better, and I seem to return to equilibrium faster after any reaction. I have the feeling that if I can continue on this trajectory, my face will stay great, and my body will heal.

Oh, one last thing - I've discovered that in addition to its many other uses, coconut oil serves remarkably well as a hair conditioner. I wash a bit into dry hair in the afternoon, let it set through for a few hours, then shower it out and shampoo. Leaves my hair really nice and soft (it's apparently been used this way in asia for ages). Because of this I've ordered some cocoa butter to mix with coconut oil and beeswax to make my own moisteriser (with no mineral oil).

That's about all for now - a good report, for once.

Glad to hear your updates and that you are doing so well!! Maybe I will try adding in some clove oil.. :)

I am clear now...

My candida diet log and my raw vegan log combined... has lots of info please read first post or last page for updates on how to get clear!!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/276279-candida-diet-log-95-100-clear-finally-read-first-post-for-all-my-changes-that-helped-me/page__st__200

How to heal scars and clear skin>>>>

>>>> Water fast! Here is my water fasting log

Good luck everyone... I too have stood in your shoes.. <3 You can get clear now change your thoughts, change your life.. Believe your beautiful to see results.. Drink green juice.. Eat raw vegan for a few weeks.. Water fast..

Thanks biology, I've kept up with your progress too, glad to hear you're doing so well wink.gif

I thought I'd take a quick picture on my phone as a mini-log of the current state smile.gif

Edit Picture removed

So it looks like the end might be in sight!

Progress has continued in the right direction since the last post. I think this is day 82 of my candida diet, and I've seen dramatic improvements, especially over the past 2 weeks. Where before my skin was bumpy and annoying all over my chest and arms, it's now largely smooth. My back, the last and greatest stronghold of acne on my body, now actually seems to be really healing. It went for quite a while with no new stuff and is getting better and better it seems. My chest hasn't had a new pimple in over a week, though its too early to tell if the blackheads around my pecs will go away.

I have had a slight reaction just today/yesterday, but it's understandable. I went out for my GF's 22nd birthday and stayed up late, missed showering, then caught a flu the next day, missed some of my supplements, slept for ages, then stayed up all night last night because I felt better. In that situation I'd expect to break out pretty badly traditionally, but my face and neck have remained pristine. I just have a small pimple on each arm, and one on my left shoulderblade. Even so, they're isolated spots, whereas in earlier times they would have been part of a crowd of small bumps and bigger spots. Overall I'd still say things are going fine. (The flu actually happened after I had roast cauliflower and garlic for lunch, which was about a bulb and a half of garlic (about a weeks worth). I almost wonder if it could be an intense die-off from all that garlic, but the flu has been going around, so I don't want to read too much into it. It's just that my immune system has gotten pretty strong, so I didn't expect to fall ill to some random flu, and it went away in like 12 hours.)

Key things at the moment I think are:

Salt - supplementing about a teaspoon a day, and definitely seems to be helping

Clove oil - since I got onto this it seems like I've had the candida under full retreat, with very limited reactions remaining. Possibly the real tipping point.

Palmer's cocoa butter - not sure how much of my healing is this but it is supposed to blend scars/spots so it might be responsible for some of the improvement in my body.

And of course all the usual things. As always, I need to try to get more coconut oil in my diet, I just have trouble with the unrefined stuff. It's not that I hate the smell, I even like it as a conditioner, it's just after I down it I always feel queasy. Very unpleasant, but I try to get at least a bit - even if I have other antifungals, it is pretty healthy, and I need all the fats I can get.

Looking excellent! This has been a good inspiration for me to start the diet myself. The most important thing to me really is getting my energy back. I started getting pretty sick after a round of antibiotics earlier this year and I'm tired of it. I want to get back to the way I was! Although I haven't officially started this diet yet, I've been drinking only water (and quite a lot of it) and avoided sugary foods (including fruit) for the most part. I still consume a lot of carbs, but even cutting out just the sugar, I've had little to no acne problems. I used to have a few problem areas on my face that were always covered by at least a few pimples. My forehead always plagued with them.

For the past couple years, I couldn't go a day without at least one or a few inflamed pimples. Now, I know days with total clarity in my face, even though occasionally I suffer from some hormonal acne from eating certain foods or stress. What's also helped is not stressing about it so much (though I should calm down about other aspects of my life as well xD). I basically treat my face as if I have no acne and only really wash it every couple days at most.

That aside, I want to know how else this diet has helped you and how much longer you plan to stay on it. Is thing going to be a lifestyle change for you or do you want to go back to the way you ate before (except much healthier)?

Hey RedInferno -

It's definitely a lifestyle change with me. Apart from acne, I pretty much had chronic fatigue for a long time before this diet. Everyone I talked to would write it off as me having a bad sleep schedule (which, to be fair, I often did) but I know it wasn't natural to feel -this- tired, and it persisted even when I did trials of getting 8 hours sleep for weeks at a time. I'd always want to lie down somewhere, struggle not to fall asleep while driving. I was always feeling like I could use a nap. Now that's completely changed. As long as I stick to my diet, I don't feel like I need to nap unless I've gotten very little sleep, I don't always need to lie down, and I'm told I seem much healthier and more energetic. I've gotten better colour and skin tone, along with relief from acne. Also, my parents (espescially my dad) have gotten into a similar paleo diet from watching me learn to cook and being envious of my delicious meals :).

Acne wise, I have had a few cheats of neccesity the last day or two, like a few KFC chips or half a bacon sandwich just because I was out of range of my own food. I got a neck pimple, which actually made me realise how long it's been now - I haven't got the catamine lotion out in ages.

My bodies going great, compared to when I started - it's steadily moving forwards, with occasional regressions, but is clearing up across the board now. I also seem to have less food reactions. The next things back into my diet will be sweet potatos, which I'm definitely looking forward to. After that some low sugar fruits like green apple. I'm basically going to live paleo for the foreseeable future, but I'll probably lift candida-specific restrictions like vinegar and such (not sure how many of those there are). There are some things I'd like to eat, that I probably won't for a while, like nuts and dairy (both are just too volatile) but being able to add starchy vegetables and some fruits back into my diet would be great. I'd also love to try some non-gluten breadrolls occasionally, the thick crusty ones. But yes, to answer your question in a long-winded way, I think this will be a lasting change. I probably value the increase in energy levels and the confidence I gained learning to shop and cook for myself as much as the clearing of my body acne. :)

Quick update - I've been adding some more starchy vegetables to my diet, turnips etc. Today I let them put the potato and pumpkin on my roast meal instead of just the greens (mmm tasty). I'm hoping I can handle these occasionally, since everything's going well. I do have a tiny spot on my neck and an even smaller one on my chin today, but I had really weird sleep and such lately (and missed my taurine for at least a day). Anyhow, that's about it.

Wow, so happy for you!

And this is exactly the kind of motivation I need to keep going :)

Thanks!

- No gluten, no soy, no processed food, no sugar

- Yes to raw dairy products, grass fed meat, plenty of vegetables and some fruit

- Probiotics and good quality chlorella supplements when I'm not broke!

- Plenty of sunshine and positive energy

My skin hasn't looked this good in years- I'm not obsessed about my skin anymore, I am therefore no longer addicted to acne.org smile.png - do message me if you need any advice!

Thanks for the kind words redwine :)

After having more potato than intended this week (it just kept popping up!) as well as a few other small cheats like grapes, I do feel a little more gritty than I did before, and have had one or two little pimples on my body. I'm in no way certain they're related, as my schedule's also been a bit out of whack and I've been a little stressed. But for now, I think I'll dial back on the root vegetables. No need to endanger my progress now.

Update,

The general healing process is coming along well. My body is in the healing stages, almost nothing new. My back is starting to look kind of clear if you don't look too hard, it's just covered in old healing marks. I'll post some before and after shots at some point when it's healed over more.

The only problem is my face is acting up slightly. Not much, just a bit of irritation around the forehead, a small red mark here or there (the type that arent pimples, just slightly aggravated pores if you know what I mean) and some a general lack of skin quality. This could still be backlash for all the root vegetables and such. I've also been snacking a bit too frequently on grapes perhaps - after checking their sugar content, I can only really afford to have 5-10 in a day, and not too frequently. It's also likely related to my poor sleep lately, I haven't been getting as much as I'd like and I'm staying up later than I should. Looking back, most of my bad periods with my skin correlate pretty tightly with bad periods of sleep :P you'd think that would get me sleeping more, but I have an almost pathological avoidance of early bedtimes. It just feels like time wasted.

Regardless, I'm happy overall. I need to try to stomach more coconut oil, since it's always good for me to have more good fats, espescially that one. I've been tossing extra olive oil on my cooking to make up for it, but I will try to get down a spoonful a day. It's more of a chore now in winter when it isn't liquid, though I guess I could take it down solid. Anyway, I've stuck to fairly strict eating since my last post, and I'm going to try to keep that up. Once my body is fully healed, I might risk some experimentation, we'll see.

Another update (they're always more frequent when I'm concerned, it helps settle my mind to have it written down)

A slight general downturn, which is disappointing. I got a pimple over my lip large enough to actually be painful, and feels like another on the way. I used to get these occasionally, even when "clear" on just taurine, but I haven't had them since starting this diet. I already went through the possibilities last post, but I forgot that I did also have a store-bought salad that had some kind of dressing that tasted of apple cider vinegar. I suppose that means it probably had sugar to balance it out, not sure if that would affect me. Apart from the lip pimples the only other problems were a small pimple on my arm and one on my back, and an increase in irritation and itchiness. I've tried to stick very strictly to my anti-candida diet for the last week, so hopefully I'm getting past it. I have a big event in 2 days time and I'm hoping these lip pimples will fade down to be relatively unnoticable (they're not highly prominent atm, but the clearer you get, the more sensitive you become to small things).

In another note, the mark from the single corner-lip pimple I had more than a month ago still hasn't completely faded. I'm not sure if its the proximity to the redness of my lips or what, but it's taking a long time. It's barely visible, but not something I want around forever. On top of that, another small red mark appeared above it, almost linking to it, and there wasn't even a pimple there! just a random mark. Super weird. I'm going to choke down some coconut oil tonight and try to get a good night's sleep. Maybe I'll take a short work day tomorrow and relax.

Anyway, thanks for listening ;)

*Edit*

Got the tiniest imaginable whitehead on my cheek (barely more than a bump, I can feel it more than see it). However, size aside, I havent had cheek pimples in like 6 months. I thought of a few new things - the itching has made me rub my face a -lot-, so that could be causing it. The itching itself might be caused just by winter, it's suddenly got a lot colder here. maybe I need to try a moisterizer. The other possibility that I'd rather not consider is that it's lack of taurine. I've been lowering my dose steadily to conserve my supply and because it seemed I didn't need it. I've gone down from 1.5 teaspoons a day at the height of my usage, to between a third and a half teaspoon a day. I took a full teaspoon last night just in case, but I'll have ot make the decision of whether to order more in soon (it's pretty expensive). If I know I need it I don't begrudge the cost, but I had been thinking I didn't. Oh well. My sleep has also still been bad, because while I'm going to bed earlier, I can't stop reading, so I'm up till all hours. If my situation improves with my continuing dietary restrictions and hopefully better sleep then I'll be glad, but I think I'll have to order more taurine in just in case.

Hey there, I haven't begun cooking with virgin coconut oil yet, just taking it straight after a meal.

I'm wondering if (let's say I plan to take 3 tbsp of coconut oil a day) it counts when used in cooking? Or do I have to take 3 tbsp outside of that?