Photo

Cardio Excercise...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

Cardio get your blood pumping and send essential nutrients to your skin. I also think that he is correct but if you are not washing you face well after you get all sweaty tehn you wont see the diffrence. I personally think that those with mild or moderate acne can achive clearer skin by exersising regularly, having a well balanced deit, a simple sinkcare regimen (Fiting your skin type). I worked for me I currently only have on dark spot on my face from a small pimple I got last week. Let me dye my jair blonde and people will be calling me Beyonce even more than they usually do.
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#42 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

Your blood is always "pumping." Exercise isn't unique for that or "sending nutrients to the skin."

#43 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Sep 13 2004, 04:02 PM)
Your blood is always "pumping." Exercise isn't unique for that or "sending nutrients to the skin."

You think I didn't know that. You know what I mean. Exercise brings more oxygen and nutrients to the skin so that it is firmer and better nourished.
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

#44 sherman

sherman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

running is good for you. why are you upset about looking lean anyways? it's better than being fat. i'd rather be lean and in GREAT shape than be a big guy with muscles who couldn't climb a staircase without getting winded.

#45 drifter88

drifter88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

btw with the whole fight about endurance/muscle gain...its as simple as RUNNING (short to long..but not to the extent of over 5 miles a day) gives stronger muscles and muscular endurance plus the cardio capabilities(obviously). Dont give me shit about this cause i did track last year and my legs got a lot bigger and stronger than before (more so strogner than bigger tho.) I dont understand how this evidgrex guy is coming up with how muscles dont get stronger and bigger if u run for awhile. (BTW lactic acid capacity does mean its stronger) Dont get me wrong, u kno a lot of big words and info on how the body works whne it comes to training, but please dont say anything until uve done interval 8-10 400's at 58-60s every day for half a year. Then u can tell me if ur legs have gotten stronger.

But keeping in top cardio/body shape DOES improve overall health and acne. But it certainly wont cure it, as mentioned above.

#46 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (drifter88 @ Sep 14 2004, 03:45 AM)
btw with the whole fight about endurance/muscle gain...its as simple as RUNNING (short to long..but not to the extent of over 5 miles a day) gives stronger muscles and muscular endurance plus the cardio capabilities(obviously). Dont give me shit about this cause i did track last year and my legs got a lot bigger and stronger than before (more so strogner than bigger tho.) I dont understand how this evidgrex guy is coming up with how muscles dont get stronger and bigger if u run for awhile.

co-sign

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#47 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Maverick @ Sep 12 2004, 11:42 PM)
I run roughly 80-100 miles a week, plus core work and strength training and am still dealing with acne. Also, many of my teammates have acne as well. Plus, many of the distance runners I know do as well. So, how you can state that it controls acne for most people is beyond me. Exercise helps, but don't go claiming it as "the key to clear skin for most people".

Hi Maverick,

Sorry to hear that it doesnt work for you.

However, I need to adress a few points.
Firstly, where is the contradiction in stating that running works for most people just because it doesnt work for you and some of your teammates?

I myself run in a major club where you have everything from elite runners who run (and occasionally) win marathons - right down to people who do not run more that 5 miles in a week.
When I look around at the beginning of a run I dont see anyone with acne problems (there's an average of 100 people when we start).
Based on this and my own experiences I thought it would be fair and appropriate to share this on an acne message board.

Im not trying to be "right", Im just hoping to help out other people suffering from acne beacause I know what a living hell it can make your life.

Best of luck

#48 Dashooter911

Dashooter911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:56 AM

My training routine consists of going to the gym 4 times a week, lifting weights for one hour and a half, then running ont he treadmill for 30 minutes after that. I still have horrible Acne on my body so you explain to me how cardio can have any affect on it.
Victory loves Prudence.

#49 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Dashooter911 @ Sep 14 2004, 06:43 AM)
My training routine consists of going to the gym 4 times a week, lifting weights for one hour and a half, then running ont he treadmill for 30 minutes after that. I still have horrible Acne on my body so you explain to me how cardio can have any affect on it.

Well mabe all the sweating could be clogging your pores causing your acne.

#50 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Dashooter911 @ Sep 14 2004, 02:43 PM)

I would suggest that you continue working out 4 times a week, but shift it around so U lift weights for 30 min or less and run for an hour or more (preferably outdoors).

See what happens

#51 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (drifter88 @ Sep 13 2004, 06:45 PM)
  Dont get me wrong, u kno a lot of big words and info on how the body works whne it comes to training, but please dont say anything until uve done interval 8-10 400's at 58-60s every day for half a year. Then u can tell me if ur legs have gotten stronger.

Heh.

You're wrong - its as simple as that. I challenge you to find proof that a NON-RESISTANCE exercise can cause muscle hypertrophy. And you know what? I used to run track and long distance competetively and I can definitely attest that my leg muscles became more toned, but did not become larger. They became smaller yet more ripped and defined. Resistance in the form OF WEIGHT is required for hypertrophy.

I usually try to post studies myself, but lets have a role reversal here....because I'm sick of people making unsubstantiated statements that are inaccurate.

before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"