Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cardio Excercise...

51 posts in this topic

yes i am running and stil lam running about 3~4 miles every other day for about 3 months... even though it dosetn clear acne it just helps me with my training for track. and... not many people run 5~10 miles every day....

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

Look, if you dont know what the hell youre talking about, dont even type it.   When the body runs out of glycogen stores to fuel exercise (and this happens very quickly when running, since its a very high intensity exercise) it turns to muslce and fat.   The higher intensity the exercise, the more amino acids and protein is taken from muscles for energy.   This is all common knowledge among the scientific community - if you want me to post studies, ill post a ton of them.  Or you can do your own homework.

First of all, you are assuming that all glycogen in the body is used up in training - which is not nescessarily so.

Secondly, after the glycogen is used the body will turn to fat for energy and only if that resource is exhausted will the body break down muscle tissue.

However, as your training progresses your body will be able to store more glucogen in the muscles and liver.

Furthermore, if you are well trained person your body will use more fat as a energy resource than glycogen compared to an unfit person.

Of course, I will agree that you have to give the body time to recover from training so it doesnt break down muscle tissue.

Having said that, please go ahead and post a ton of articles stating that the body will break down muscle tissue before fat; I haven't seen any researcher state that so it would be interesting to see.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

Running faster is a result of a more efficient cardiovascular system, it has little to do with muscular/strenght gains in the legs.

Completely wrong. I'm not an expert on glucose or whatnot but efficient leg muscles which are more flexible greatly affect speed.

anywayz...

all that really matters is that cardio exercise - like running - can help control acne

Even better, getting "runners high" - the adrenaline and endorphin rush after running track for a few miles is awesome. I lived for that when I ran regularly.

evigrex is right....

running long distance will hinder your progress if your looking to gain muscle...

ever notice how long distance runners are stick figures and short distance runners are always jacked?

anyway back to the topic: i agree running is a great stress reliever but in my experience it has not had any affect on my skin

i used to love running i was great at it when i was a few years younger,when i started getting acne i was so self concious of my skin getting all hot and sweaty that i stopped,i stoped for other reasons to but this was one that was on my mind to.

i dont really do much working out as my skin has started to get better and my doctor told me not to get sweaty as this can make acne worse,so i havent done any thing other than walking,but listening to you guys im wondering if im infact wrong to be doing this.

#i mean i was my face twice a day with ehe bp and moisteriser as well ,so if i excercise and get all sweaty wont i have to wash my face agian after to avoid breakouts? and then isint it to much washing? im unsure what to do here.

living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years

2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on

duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!

dermalogica

duac gel-clear for 6 months

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne

1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness

chinese meds

regimen-stopped due to severe redness

i dont really do much working out as my skin has started to get better and my doctor told me not to get sweaty as this can make acne worse.

running long distance will hinder your progress if your looking to gain muscle...

ever notice how long distance runners are stick figures and short distance runners are always jacked? 

How are you defining stronger? Running is not a resistance exercise, and short distance runners don't magically become "jacked" from running. Running will convert fast twitch muscle fibers to slow twitch to make them more efficient (but does not increase absolute resistance strength) for the exercise...but they will NOT hypertrophy (enlarge). Resistance is required for muscle hypertrophy.

Anyways...

All I can say is, "Run, Run, Run" .. It really does help.

Plus you get all the extra physical and mental benefits that various people mentioned earlier on this thread. bb_eusa_dance.gif

I don't like to bring up my personal life, but this just calls for it. I'm a scholarship collegiate distance runner, competing for an excellent program. I run roughly 80-100 miles a week, plus core work and strength training and am still dealing with acne. Also, many of my teammates have acne as well. Plus, many of the distance runners I know do as well. So, how you can state that it controls acne for most people is beyond me. Exercise helps, but don't go claiming it as "the key to clear skin for most people". Please.

Cardio get your blood pumping and send essential nutrients to your skin. I also think that he is correct but if you are not washing you face well after you get all sweaty tehn you wont see the diffrence. I personally think that those with mild or moderate acne can achive clearer skin by exersising regularly, having a well balanced deit, a simple sinkcare regimen (Fiting your skin type). I worked for me I currently only have on dark spot on my face from a small pimple I got last week. Let me dye my jair blonde and people will be calling me Beyonce even more than they usually do.

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Your blood is always "pumping." Exercise isn't unique for that or "sending nutrients to the skin."

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

running is good for you. why are you upset about looking lean anyways? it's better than being fat. i'd rather be lean and in GREAT shape than be a big guy with muscles who couldn't climb a staircase without getting winded.

btw with the whole fight about endurance/muscle gain...its as simple as RUNNING (short to long..but not to the extent of over 5 miles a day) gives stronger muscles and muscular endurance plus the cardio capabilities(obviously). Dont give me shit about this cause i did track last year and my legs got a lot bigger and stronger than before (more so strogner than bigger tho.) I dont understand how this evidgrex guy is coming up with how muscles dont get stronger and bigger if u run for awhile. (BTW lactic acid capacity does mean its stronger) Dont get me wrong, u kno a lot of big words and info on how the body works whne it comes to training, but please dont say anything until uve done interval 8-10 400's at 58-60s every day for half a year. Then u can tell me if ur legs have gotten stronger.

But keeping in top cardio/body shape DOES improve overall health and acne. But it certainly wont cure it, as mentioned above.

btw with the whole fight about endurance/muscle gain...its as simple as RUNNING (short to long..but not to the extent of over 5 miles a day) gives stronger muscles and muscular endurance plus the cardio capabilities(obviously). Dont give me shit about this cause i did track last year and my legs got a lot bigger and stronger than before (more so strogner than bigger tho.) I dont understand how this evidgrex guy is coming up with how muscles dont get stronger and bigger if u run for awhile.

I run roughly 80-100 miles a week, plus core work and strength training and am still dealing with acne. Also, many of my teammates have acne as well. Plus, many of the distance runners I know do as well. So, how you can state that it controls acne for most people is beyond me. Exercise helps, but don't go claiming it as "the key to clear skin for most people".

My training routine consists of going to the gym 4 times a week, lifting weights for one hour and a half, then running ont he treadmill for 30 minutes after that. I still have horrible Acne on my body so you explain to me how cardio can have any affect on it.

Victory loves Prudence.

My training routine consists of going to the gym 4 times a week, lifting weights for one hour and a half, then running ont he treadmill for 30 minutes after that. I still have horrible Acne on my body so you explain to me how cardio can have any affect on it.