Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cardio Excercise...

51 posts in this topic

... is the key to clear skin for most people

it's as simple as that

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

i agree.. my skin looks its absolute healthiest when im doing cardio regulary.. but thats my problem.. being regular with it.. but it does do wonders for skin.. seems to give mine a glow

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

lmao my friend who was in track with me ran a mile in 5:18 and another ran it in 4:30 the one who can do it in 430 had mild acne the one who ran in 518 has severe acne all over his body .. nice try*edit* yeah and i run it in 543 so plz *edit*my *edit*

You should focus more on learning grammar than your mile time (which is pretty weak anyway).

I'd rather be under the impression that cardio will clear my acne; even if it doesn't, I'll still be doing something good for me.

it keeps me clear, but i'm also on antibiotics.

bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

i break out if i stop running for a few days....i didnt notice any difference untill i started running 2 miles 3 times per week.

In my experience, to control your acne effectively you have to:

1. Be fairly consistent in your work out

2. Do excercise that really gets your pulse rate up (like running or the like)

3. Do some serious work out (like running 5-10 miles, 3-4 times a week for instance although it most likely differs for each individual how much effort one has to put in.

BenKweller, or whatever your name is, stop making smartass comments. No one likes a troll.

I'd rather be under the impression that cardio will clear my acne; even if it doesn't, I'll still be doing something good for me.

it keeps me clear, but i'm also on antibiotics.

rolleyes.gif

i break out if i stop running for a few days....i didnt notice any difference untill i started running 2 miles 3 times per week.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

BenKweller, or whatever your name is, stop making smartass comments. No one likes a troll.

umm natooo i'm assuming that running you are talking about isn't cardiovascular?

cardio is a sustained endurance excercise. not 5 or 4 minute spurts.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

lmao my friend who was in track with me ran a mile in 5:18 and another ran it in 4:30 the one who can do it in 430 had mild acne the one who ran in 518 has severe acne all over his body .. nice try*edit* yeah and i run it in 543 so plz *edit*my *edit*

Dont you guys lose a ton of muslce from running so much? I used to run a lot (could do a mile between 5-6 mins) and shrunk like crazy from it...I was already lean in the first place

Dont you guys lose a ton of muslce from running so much? I used to run a lot (could do a mile between 5-6 mins) and shrunk like crazy from it...I was already lean in the first place

Dont you guys lose a ton of muslce from running so much?  I used to run a lot (could do a mile between 5-6 mins) and shrunk like crazy from it...I was already lean in the first place

lose muscle?

You gain muscle strength in your legs from running, and if you are concerned about looking too "lean", you can always train your upper body strength also (which is what I then to do).

Just do jump roping for cardio exercise. This is a good exercise to train your achilles, calf muscles and very effective in improving stamina and your coordination power

Dont you guys lose a ton of muslce from running so much?  I used to run a lot (could do a mile between 5-6 mins) and shrunk like crazy from it...I was already lean in the first place

lose muscle?

You gain muscle strength in your legs from running, and if you are concerned about looking too "lean", you can always train your upper body strength also (which is what I then to do).

Look, if you dont know what the hell youre talking about, dont even type it. When the body runs out of glycogen stores to fuel exercise (and this happens very quickly when running, since its a very high intensity exercise) it turns to muslce and fat. The higher intensity the exercise, the more amino acids and protein is taken from muscles for energy. This is all common knowledge among the scientific community - if you want me to post studies, ill post a ton of them. Or you can do your own homework.

yes i am running and stil lam running about 3~4 miles every other day for about 3 months... even though it dosetn clear acne it just helps me with my training for track. and... not many people run 5~10 miles every day....

When the body runs out of glycogen stores to fuel exercise (and this happens very quickly when running, since its a very high intensity exercise) it turns to muslce and fat.  The higher intensity the exercise, the more amino acids and protein is taken from muscles for energy.  This is all common knowledge among the scientific community - if you want me to post studies, ill post a ton of them.  Or you can do your own homework.

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

Weight lifting works the muscles with resistance. Resistance causes muscle hypertrophy.

Running is not a resistance exercise, except for very very slight resistance on the hamstrings. That is not enough to offset catabolism caused from excessive running.

Sam: what I meant was, once glycogen stores are depleted, the body will use amino acids and protein from muscle tissue for energy.

Let me throw the perfect example out there: Lance Armstrong. Ever see how he looks like a stick figure? Its because he does endurance training without concurrent resistance training. Hes had massive muscle atrophy from years of bicycling without lifting weights.

Didn't he also have cancer?

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

Look, if you dont know what the hell youre talking about, dont even type it. When the body runs out of glycogen stores to fuel exercise (and this happens very quickly when running, since its a very high intensity exercise) it turns to muslce and fat. The higher intensity the exercise, the more amino acids and protein is taken from muscles for energy. This is all common knowledge among the scientific community - if you want me to post studies, ill post a ton of them. Or you can do your own homework.